Page 8 of 90 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Moira and Cain

Quote Originally Posted by Betty33 View Post
    Looks like we are in for a long few weeks then before get back together again!!
    It sure does!

I'm sure they will eventually get back together - it could go on for months though

Emmerdale star Jeff Hordley has praised the show's writers for exploring a softer side to his bad boy character Cain Dingle.

The actor, who has played Cain on and off since 2000, appeared on ITV's Loose Women this afternoon (June 14) and revealed that he enjoys his soap role more than ever.

Hordley explained: "When you stay in a show this long, the characters and the writing get better and better, because you have more layers to reveal, and I just think we're doing a great job with the character now.

"Just before I left in 2006, I was kind of a little bit bored of standing behind corners and looking round them! Directors used to say, 'Jeff, it's lurking position five today, please!' You kind of think, 'Okay, I think it's time for a change'.

"I've come back to the show in 2009 and I think the character has changed and evolved. That's thanks to the writers, because they've done a great job."

Last night, viewers saw Cain help Adam Barton to cover up his involvement in a hit and run accident. The two men have a long history of animosity as Adam disapproves of his mum Moira's relationship with Cain.

Discussing the future of the plot, Hordley said: "I think this story is about Cain and Adam coming together. Cain and Adam have been at loggerheads for a while, because he doesn't want Cain to be in the family or be with his mother.

"Cain helps Adam out and they come together. I think you see in tonight's episode that Moira says, 'Okay guys, we are a family - not the same as when John Barton was around, but we are a family with this dodgy guy at the helm! But we're going to work as a unit'."

On Cain and Moira's future, he added: "I think this is serious stuff and I think the writers are going to run with this. I love working with Natalie J Robb, she's amazing. She's special, she really is."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

3. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

katie hunter (14-06-2013)

Thank goodness the spoilers were wrong, I am so glad that TPTB haven't split Cain and Moira up.

I'm glad Moira and Cain are still together.

On the site digital tv in an interview with the new producer she says that a new character to the farm that will turn their relationship on its head? Wonder if thats a kid of cains he didnt know about turning up? Wont they ever be happy

Looks like this new producer also wants charity cain maybe to get bk together when it eventually comes out about jai. so no happy ending for moira cain

She doesn't actually say that Cain will get back with Charity once her marriage to Jai ends. She says she wouldn't rule it out because there are a lot of unresolved issues between the two of them. She also says that the viewers have invested in the Cain and Moira relationship and that it would be interesting to see Cain conflicted between the two of them.

IMO Cain and Charity's relationship has been flogged to death and if they were to rekindle it they would need to come up with a different angle to the SL or it would flop.
    Last edited by katie hunter; 15-06-2013 at 09:33.

Last edited by katie hunter; 15-06-2013 at 09:31.

Quote Originally Posted by heydrich39 View Post
    On the site digital tv in an interview with the new producer she says that a new character to the farm that will turn their relationship on its head? Wonder if thats a kid of cains he didnt know about turning up? Wont they ever be happy
    It sounds like there are going to be a couple of new characters bought into Butlers. I think it will be some of Moira's family.

Last edited by katie hunter; 15-06-2013 at 09:34.

Thread Information