Page 25 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Thread: Moira and Cain

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    I look at all of the Emmerdale characters. Nearly all I love, a few I want to change and improve. Yes, Emmerdale is a soap. I like it when it is as realistic and entertaining as possible, like family in the TV lounge, just as posted here in this thread earlier. I have been avidly watching Emmerdale for about the past 2 years or so, and on-and-off before this.

Ross Barton is as real and as-large-as-life as anyone could be for now, it seems, on UK TV soap dramas. Let's face it, Ross Barton has been a figurehead for major Emmerdale storylines for the past 4 months or so and in many lounges for some peoples for as long or longer than that. Ross Barton comes across as a complete sociopathic misfit in Emmerdale, a villainous thug and someone really left alone and kept away from. Ross Barton is definitely not someone to date or admire.

I wrote before here on soapboards that there are better ways of solving problems in life than by using violence. Ross Barton is a classic case of how using personal violence against people has not solved his problems but caused more for him and those around him, usually his closest family and local villagers. Unfortunately, Ross Barton is a major character in a primetime UK TV network 7pm soap, so what this character does then is totally unacceptable for any kind of role model when shown to other impressionable people. Many of the things which Ross Barton has done before 8pm on primetime UK TV have not been shown to have received any come-uppance or consequences, and this, in my opinion, has been the most appalling failure for Emmerdale over the past 4 months of barmy storylines. Yes, Mike Parr has agreed to act out violent storylines on Emmerdale over this period on UK TV before 8pm. I want to make it totally clear now that, had I had any control over Emmerdale storylines and scripts for the past 4 months or so, then I would never have allowed what has happened and been televised over this period to have happened. There are other and usually better ways of solving life's problems than by using violence. If anything, when someone uses violence it is because they have failed to use more sensible ways of trying to get what they want. A classic recent case of this idea is how attacks by extremists in France did not achieve what they wanted. Of course, these extremists had nothing to do with UK or UK TV though or anyone displayed on it. I think it is very unlikely that the extremists would have been regular viewers of UK soaps or any actors appearing on these programmes.

I don't like Ross Barton. I don't like what he's done over the past 4 months. The previously "naughty scamp" and "bad boy" has graduated into someone very dislikeable. The actor was hired to be the soap villain and to be disliked by everyone, if he had the talent to achieve this with the storylines and scripts given to him. I get what Ross Barton is about and I understand how the actor tries to achieve because I am able to see beyond the appearance of the good-looking guy on screen. Other TV viewers don't seem to get what I do though, so for these, the actor appears to have failed to do the job he was meant to do.

I have come to like Robert Sugden. I didn't at first when he returned to Emmerale. He really came across at first as a toffee-nosed snobby rich kid who'd been born with a silver spoon in his mouth at birth. But time has shown history to appear to be very different. For now, Robert comes across for me as someone who has struggled from a modest start in life and made the most of his opportunities and talents through life. This is someone who has really ruthlessly taken every chance. Robert is really the most fascinating and unusual character in Emmerdale. Cool, calm, impulsive but knows how far to go before stopping, threatens to get his way for a laugh and then stops, helps people when there's something in it for him at the end. Yes, he pushed Katie, but he wasn't to know the floorboards would then give way and Katie would fall to her death. Katie's death was truly an accident. For now, New Robert has largely threatened but not been able to go through with anything really major and criminal. Robert is definitely a truly terrific character and very much one to watch for the future.
    I don't really care if you like Ross or not to be honest, that's down to yourself and your own reasons.

However, I disagree with the bit I put in bold. For me the way I see it is that Emmerdale is fiction, it is meant to take me out of the real world and entertain me for 30 minutes.

For me, i like villains. They are entertaining, gripping, normally leave episodes with good cliff hangers making you wonder what they are going to do next. Michael Parr portrays the villain role well as this is the very reason why i like Ross! He keeps me entertained.

Ross isn't the only villain that I like in fiction. Some people root for the baddies / like them. That doesn't mean that the actor is doing a bad job. They just find them entertaining.

Please stop insulting Ross'/Michael Parr' fans for liking him. Yes, Michael Parr is a good looking bloke but I actually like him for his acting abilities. In my opinion he is the best actor on the show. Please give his supporters a bit of respect and benefit of the doubt that we see Michael Parr as a gifted actor and not just for looking at him.
    Last edited by rossfan; 09-01-2016 at 20:19.

it sounds like moira wasn't going tell cain only that pete told finn

Quote Originally Posted by alcapo11 View Post
    yawn!!!!!!
    Pathetic. Any respect I had for you is gone now. No discussion from you, no time to answer me. I'm really glad you are not a fan of me. I am so sorry that Mike Parr/Ross Barton is fanned by you.

Pathetic. Any respect I had for you is gone now. No discussion from you, no time to answer me. I'm really glad you are not a fan of me. I am so sorry that Mike Parr/Ross Barton is fanned by you.
    I doubt alcapo11 will lose any sleep by someone who delusionally blames Michael Parr for the attacks in France because Ross 'promotes violence'.

alcapo11, like me are getting really tired of your hatred towards Michael Parr. You argument towards Michael Parr and Ross is not consistent or logical as you admit liking the character of Robert.
    Last edited by rossfan; 10-01-2016 at 14:06.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

deeCee (10-01-2016)

I doubt alcapo11 will lose any sleep by someone who delusionally blames Michael Parr for the attacks in France because Ross 'promotes violence'.

alcapo11, like me are getting really tired of your hatred towards Michael Parr. You argument towards Michael Parr and Ross is not consistent or logical as you admit liking the character of Robert.
    Last edited by rossfan; 10-01-2016 at 14:06.

Can you please use Private Messages in future to discuss your difference of opinions or use the General Discussion section .. This is a spoiler thread on Moira and Cain, has nothing to do with your spat about Ross Barton/Michael Parr. Thank you

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (10-01-2016), LizzyBizzy (10-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by rossfan View Post
    I don't really care if you like Ross or not to be honest, that's down to yourself and your own reasons.

However, I disagree with the bit I put in bold. For me the way I see it is that Emmerdale is fiction, it is meant to take me out of the real world and entertain me for 30 minutes.

For me, i like villains. They are entertaining, gripping, normally leave episodes with good cliff hangers making you wonder what they are going to do next. Michael Parr portrays the villain role well as this is the very reason why i like Ross! He keeps me entertained.

Ross isn't the only villain that I like in fiction. Some people root for the baddies / like them. That doesn't mean that the actor is doing a bad job. They just find them entertaining.

Please stop insulting Ross'/Michael Parr' fans for liking him. Yes, Michael Parr is a good looking bloke but I actually like him for his acting abilities. In my opinion he is the best actor on the show. Please give his supporters a bit of respect and benefit of the doubt that we see Michael Parr as a gifted actor and not just for looking at him.
    You have your opinion. I have mine. Well that's alright. I really tried to explain how I see things. Let's really just agree to disagree. Mike Parr has described how he thinks about the Ross Barton character and what he has said during interview agrees with what I've been thinking for ages and posted on this soapboards forum. I talk usually about the characters as I don't really see the actors who play the characters they are hired to play. For me, the actors are invisible. I only see what the Emmerdale characters do on-screen and how their storylines and scripts play out (which I currently have no input for, however.) So how actors appear on TV means nothing to me. Makeup and hairdo cannot really hide any nasty character within really for any character on Emmerdale.

We really need closure here now as this is a spoiler thread. This is my last post for non-spoiler issues on this thread. This discussion really needs to be made elsewhere.

You have your opinion. I have mine. Well that's alright. I really tried to explain how I see things. Let's really just agree to disagree. Mike Parr has described how he thinks about the Ross Barton character and what he has said during interview agrees with what I've been thinking for ages and posted on this soapboards forum. I talk usually about the characters as I don't really see the actors who play the characters they are hired to play. For me, the actors are invisible. I only see what the Emmerdale characters do on-screen and how their storylines and scripts play out (which I currently have no input for, however.) So how actors appear on TV means nothing to me. Makeup and hairdo cannot really hide any nasty character within really for any character on Emmerdale.

We really need closure here now as this is a spoiler thread. This is my last post for non-spoiler issues on this thread. This discussion really needs to be made elsewhere.

Are you kidding me? This is the biggest lie you have ever told!

People will only need to check back in your posting history to see that you hate MICHAEL PARR the actor! You blamed him for the attacks in France, you criticise him when he wins awards for his portrayal of Ross.

As i have said on a number of occasions now I don't mind you not liking Ross but when you attack and abuse Michael that is when I reply because I don't think it's right. It comes across as delusional and hateful.
    Last edited by rossfan; 10-01-2016 at 14:26.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to rossfan For This Useful Post:

deeCee (10-01-2016)

Are you kidding me? This is the biggest lie you have ever told!

People will only need to check back in your posting history to see that you hate MICHAEL PARR the actor! You blamed him for the attacks in France, you criticise him when he wins awards for his portrayal of Ross.

As i have said on a number of occasions now I don't mind you not liking Ross but when you attack and abuse Michael that is when I reply because I don't think it's right. It comes across as delusional and hateful.
    Last edited by rossfan; 10-01-2016 at 14:26.

Natalie J Robb talks about Moira kissing Pete - & how Cain reacts to it…
    Why are things rocky for Cain & Moira?
    “They’re not really getting on badly. Moira certainly doesn’t think that her marriage is falling apart, but Cain has been neglecting her since Debbie left. He’s upset about it & taking it out on Moira. He’s grumpy all the time & they’re not communicating.”
    How does she feel about Debbie leaving?
    “She’s not happy about it because of the way it’s affecting Cain, but what’s really playing on her mind is the idea of Charity coming back. She knows that Charity told Cain she loved him before she went to prison & knows she can’t really trust him where Charity is concerned.”
    What does she think when Cain reveals Pete had a go at him?
    “Pete tells Cain that he should start acting like a proper husband to Moira & she admits that she had to confide in Pete about the way she has been feeling because he was the only person she could talk to.”
    But they kiss, too…
    “That comes as a surprise. She knows that Pete fancies her a bit, but wasn’t expecting this. She responds for a minute, but then she realises how bad this could be, withdraws & blames it all on Pete.”
    So she won’t do it again?
    “Who knows? Pete’s still left with feelings for Moira & she might grow to develop more affection for him.”
    So why does she tell Cain about the kiss?
    “Pete tells Finn that he made a pass at his Aunty Moira & that is why Moira feels forced to tell Cain. She knows that it will sound bad if it comes from somebody else.”
    How does Cain react?
    “He’s not happy about it & goes to see Pete. He warns him off in true Cain style.”
    What does Moira do?
    “She tells Pete he can’t work at the farm any more as it’s too much of a risk. It might be because she doesn’t trust herself around him.”
    Could this split Cain & Moira up?
    “I hope not. Cain has kissed a few people. I think it’s nice that the marriage still works despite that. You don’t have to split up just because there are problems in a relationship.”

Thread Information