Page 23 of 90 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Moira and Cain

So sounds like Pete loses his farm job this coming week. His court case is due soon too. Plus Charity is due back in a while and likely to want to be with Cain. It's all go ont' farm soon...

>
    Charity Macey may be in prison, but her presence looms large in the village as she stirs things up. She'll be released some time in the new year and being in prison hasn't mellowed her in the slightest. With daughter Debbie gone, Charity will need to find somewhere to live. Then there's the matter of her children. How will Noah feel about suddenly having his mum back on the scene and will she want custody of baby Moses? 'It will be like one big hurricane has hit when Charity gets out of prison. Her presence will affect many, especially Cain and Moira,' says an insider.
    >
    Soaplife, 2-15 Jan 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Telly Watcher View Post
    So sounds like Pete loses his farm job this coming week. His court case is due soon too. Plus Charity is due back in a while and likely to want to be with Cain. It's all go ont' farm soon...

>
    Charity Macey may be in prison, but her presence looms large in the village as she stirs things up. She'll be released some time in the new year and being in prison hasn't mellowed her in the slightest. With daughter Debbie gone, Charity will need to find somewhere to live. Then there's the matter of her children. How will Noah feel about suddenly having his mum back on the scene and will she want custody of baby Moses? 'It will be like one big hurricane has hit when Charity gets out of prison. Her presence will affect many, especially Cain and Moira,' says an insider.
    >
    Soaplife, 2-15 Jan 2016
    Not exactly spoilers, are they?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (09-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    This used to be one of my favourite threads.
    Concise well set out info based on info from tv
    companies.
    They are now hard to find amongst the inflated
    musings of journalists whose job is to sell their paper/mag
    and a lot of guesswork & wishful thinking!
    Hope it returns to its former glory!!
    Last edited by maidmarian; 09-01-2016 at 11:07.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to maidmarian For This Useful Post:

Perdita (09-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by maidmarian View Post
    This used to be one of my favourite threads.
    Concise well set out info based on info from tv
    companies.
    They are now hard to find amongst the inflated
    musings of journalists whose job is to sell their paper/mag
    and a lot of guesswork & wishful thinking!
    Hope it returns to its former glory!!
    Quality rather than Quantity springs to mind

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (09-01-2016)

Er yes, they are. I post quality stuff here mainly, not rubbish fan stuff because some idiot has a crush or something about someone's hair or facial features or hot buns.

Quality rather than Quantity springs to mind
    Really just YES!

Let's just ban the idiotic fans who invade spoiler threads here and who won't listen when someone says their worshipped idol is a total lowlife and how he/she fans him because of his appearance when others (like me and it seems like Mike Parr too) want to be taken seriously and "really get" between us that Ross Barton is not someone anyone would really want as any girl's boyfriend, workmate, neighbour, guy in the local area, etc. Look, any girl Ross Barton gets with ends up leaving Emmerdale or dead, it seems. Well just how great is that?

It really seems to me now that I have been right for ages. No-one is really meant to like Ross. Ross is supposed to be that guy who shows on TV and everyone goes "Urrrrr...". I do it because I really get what Ross is meant to be. I, for one, do not find Ross at all attractive. So I just see what he does and this to me is just totally unacceptable behaviour. Ross, for me anyway, is a complete sociopath and misfit in Emmerdale. Ross is really, for me anyway, that creepy guy who should be hanging around Maguluf or Ibiza making the most of his present "good looks" with the girls (cocktail glasses required maybe?)

I really do not get why anyone would fan Ross Barton. He's a totally horrible guy. Everything he does is for himself and not thought out. Ross Barton just lives on his own present looks, it seems to me. What I really think is that I am right in how I detest him. No-one is really meant to like Ross Barton so I conclude that I totally "get" the character of Ross Barton because I can see beyond his good-looking distracting appearance. The actor and the character appearance do not distract my focus from what I see Ross Barton doing in his dreadful life right now (for the last 4 months or so!).

My conclusion is that Ross Barton is just too good looking to be a believable villain on Emmerdale. When Ross Barton appears on the TV screen, everyone should be saying "Urrrrrr...." or "Boooooo" just as I do, because I seem to "get" Ross Barton as he is meant to be. But others see Ross Barton come on screen and go "0oooooo" or "Ooo, he's gawgus" or "Ooo, he's fit"' and the bad things Ross Barton does just seem to go straight over the heads of these people. I repeat. No-one is meant to like Ross Barton. When I read or hear any person saying for now that they like or are a fan of Ross Barton, then that comes across to me as if that person has not been successfully been lead to believe by the actor that the character he has tried to play has been properly and convincingly played and so the actor has failed to do his intended job. On this basis, if Mike Parr was doing his job properly, then Ross Barton should really have no fans. Everyone should hate him (just as I do, and as Mike Parr's recent interview comments suggest to me that he thinks the same way too = no-one should like Ross Barton and there should not be any fans of him!). I am totally confident that I totally get what Ross Barton is supposed to be. Mike Parr suggests he thinks as I do. Just what I and Mike Parr do not seem to understand is why Ross Barton has any fans at all, because he really shouldn't have any, it seems. This is so odd.
    Last edited by Telly Watcher; 09-01-2016 at 18:14.

Really just YES!

Let's just ban the idiotic fans who invade spoiler threads here and who won't listen when someone says their worshipped idol is a total lowlife and how he/she fans him because of his appearance when others (like me and it seems like Mike Parr too) want to be taken seriously and "really get" between us that Ross Barton is not someone anyone would really want as any girl's boyfriend, workmates, neighbour, guy in the local area, etc. Look, any girl Ross Barton gets with ends up leaving Emmerdale or dead, it seems. Well just how great is that?

It really seems to me now that I have been right for ages. No-one is really meant to like Ross. Ross is supposed to be that guy who shows on TV and everyone goes "Urrrrr...". I do it because I really to get what Ross is meant to be. I, for one, do not find Ross at all attractive. So I just see what he does and this to me is just totally unacceptable behaviour. Ross, for me anyway, is a complete sociopath and misfit in Emmerdale. Ross is really, for me anyway, that creepy guy who should be hanging around Maguluf or Ibiza making the most of his present "good looks" with the girls (cocktail glasses required maybe?)

I really do not get why anyone would fan Ross Barton. He's a totally horrible guy. Everything he does is for himself and not thought out. Ross Barton just lives on his own present looks, it seems to me. What I really think is that I am right in how I detest him. No-one is really meant to like Ross Barton so I conclude that I totally "get" the character of Ross Barton because I can see beyond his good-looking distracting appearance. The actor and the character appearance do not distract my focus from what I see Ross Barton doing in his dreadful life right now (for the last 4 months or so!).

My conclusion is that Ross Barton is just too good looking to be a believable villain on Emmerdale. When Ross Barton appears on the TV screen, everyone should be saying "Urrrrrr...." or "Boooooo" just as I do, because I seem to "get" Ross Barton as he is meant to be. But others see Ross Barton come on screen and go "0oooooo" or "Ooo, he's gawgus" or "Ooo, he's fit"' and the bad things Ross Barton does just seem to go straight over the heads of these people. I repeat. No-one is meant to like Ross Barton. When I read or hear any person saying for now that they like or are a fan of Ross Barton, then that comes across to me as if that person has not been successfully been lead to believe by the actor that the character he has tried to play has been properly and convincingly played and so the actor has failed to do his intended job. On this basis, if Mike Parr was doing his job properly, then Ross Barton should really have no fans. Everyone should hate him (just as I do, and as Mike Parr's recent interview comments suggest to me that he thinks the same way too = no-one should like Ross Barton and there should not be any fans of him!). I am totally confident that I totally get what Ross Barton is supposed to be. Mike Parr suggests he thinks as I do. Just what I and Mike Parr do not seem to understand is why Ross Barton has any fans at all, because he really shouldn't have any, it seems. This is so odd.
    Ugh, this again? I couldn't care less what I'm "meant to think" as this is Emmerale, not real life!
    Last edited by JessicaMad; 09-01-2016 at 18:12.

Hmm.. I really don't seem to think like you. This is a show that many people, including me, really love. I love it when Emmerdale and its characters are so realistic that it all comes across like family in my lounge where the TV is. I take a great deal of interest about everyone in Emmerdale and about what they've done and where they might be going. I'd maybe like to think that I will one day make happen a positive change of path for how the show goes forwards in the future and how any of the characters can be progressed successfully. I suspect that Emmerdale staff read this forum and its posts from time to time so let's see what happens next.

L

Really just YES!

Let's just ban the idiotic fans who invade spoiler threads here and who won't listen when someone says their worshipped idol is a total lowlife and how he/she fans him because of his appearance when others (like me and it seems like Mike Parr too) want to be taken seriously and "really get" between us that Ross Barton is not someone anyone would really want as any girl's boyfriend, workmate, neighbour, guy in the local area, etc. Look, any girl Ross Barton gets with ends up leaving Emmerdale or dead, it seems. Well just how great is that?

It really seems to me now that I have been right for ages. No-one is really meant to like Ross. Ross is supposed to be that guy who shows on TV and everyone goes "Urrrrr...". I do it because I really get what Ross is meant to be. I, for one, do not find Ross at all attractive. So I just see what he does and this to me is just totally unacceptable behaviour. Ross, for me anyway, is a complete sociopath and misfit in Emmerdale. Ross is really, for me anyway, that creepy guy who should be hanging around Maguluf or Ibiza making the most of his present "good looks" with the girls (cocktail glasses required maybe?)

No one should have liked JR Ewing but the character was adored by millions. No one would have wanted to know him in real life, or have to deal with the consequences of his actions in real life (for Christ sakes, he manufatured a coup in an overseas oil producing country!!!), but yes millions wanted to watch him on screen. Perhaps Larry Hagman failed to do his job too.

I do think the writers have hurt the character of Ross, and I say that as someone who loves the character (and yes, finds the actor lovely on the eyes). The torturing of his brother and shooting of Robert have taken him to such an extreme that its going to be hard for the new EP to bring him back. But does it need saying day in day out? Do Ross fans need slagging off day in day out?

I don't like Aaron or Robert or Adam. In fact I detest Adam and Robert as characters only, Robert is manipulative and Adam is a moron. I absolutely detest Aaron as a character and also Danny Miller as an actor. In my view he can't act for toffee and I'm embarassed for him when I see him scowling through his scenes. So should I continually slag of Robron fans? Or the actors? Or the characters?

Live and let live, for crying out loud. My own favorite is Finn. I ADORE him. Okay, not the most dynamic of characters and Joe might not be oscar-winning material (yet). But I find the character of Finn sweet and cute, he wears adorable fox patterned shirts and warm woolly cardies and he has an understand normality about him. I couldn't care less if that doesn't match up to other people's analysis of the person that I am. It's all just harmless FUN!
    Last edited by deeCee; 09-01-2016 at 18:44.

**sorry for hijacking this thread**

Telly Watcher why have you singled out Ross/Michael yet again!?

Your hatred and delusions are more worrying than any behaviour shown than by Ross Barton, because again, Ross Barton is NOT REAL!

I don't think I've ever seen so much hatred for an actor by anyone before. I'm going to say this over and over again just to show how worrying you are - YOU BLAMED MICHAEL PARR FOR THE ATTACKS IN FRANCE DUE TO THE FACT HIS CHARACTER THAT HE PLAYS 'PROMOTES VIOLENCE'. You have more of an obsession for your hatred towards this actor than any postive feelings towards any actor / character that you like. I feel bad, seriously!

You've confirmed that you like Robert and that you only go by what characters do in the last 3-4 months but if that's the case, Ryan Hawley should be on the top of your weird obsessive hate list. He's the character who was last seen with a gun!
    Last edited by rossfan; 09-01-2016 at 18:39.

Thread Information