Page 1 of 90 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Moira and Cain

Moira and Cain

Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has confirmed that Moira Barton's upcoming infidelity will be an ongoing storyline.

As reported at the weekend, Moira sleeps with Cain Dingle next week as an argument between the pair leads to a passionate encounter.

Moira's betrayal comes at a time when her marriage to John (James Thornton) is under strain due to the pressures of keeping the farm afloat.

Robb told Inside Soap that Moira feels "dirty and guilty" after allowing Cain (Jeff Hordley) to seduce her.

She explained: "This is the biggest betrayal ever - and it's Cain! It's going to be explosive.

"It's not a one-off. Moira doesn't want to go back to him and she fights it when she does. It's quite an abusive relationship, actually - but Cain brings out a different side to her."

Robb added that the storyline could ultimately make Moira appreciate her marriage more.

"She'll be battling her demons," the actress said. "Moira is quite weak right now, but the way that Cain treats her is going to make her realise what she has with John."

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

"It's not a one-off. Moira doesn't want to go back to him and she fights it when she does. It's quite an abusive relationship, actually - but Cain brings out a different side to her."

Robb added that the storyline could ultimately make Moira appreciate her marriage more.

"She'll be battling her demons," the actress said. "Moira is quite weak right now, but the way that Cain treats her is going to make her realise what she has with John."
    Yet she still goes back for more with Cain
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 20-10-2011 at 16:39.

THE smouldering attraction between sensible Moira Barton and bad boy Cain Dingle is about to explode into Emmerdale’s steamiest ever fling.

Shocked viewers will see the farmer’s wife give in to her lust and rip off Cain’s clothes during passionate clinches.

Their sordid affair starts after Cain spills the beans to Moira’s husband John about secretly lending her money.

Furious Moira storms around to give Cain a tongue lashing on Thursday but they end up getting down to it on top of a fridge.

Racked with guilt, Moira tries to break off the relationship but gives in to temptation again and again, including in a barn and on a bed. The scenes are so hot that even the ITV soap’s experienced film crew were embarrassed during shooting.

Stunning Natalie Robb, who plays the mum of three, says: “Moira just can’t help herself. So she does it. The sex is amazing – the chemistry is so powerful it’s electric and she can’t control it.

“The director asked me to wear a crossover dress so my breasts look very voluptuous, perfect for a seduction scene.

“We ripped each other’s tops off, he cleared everything off his fridge, picked me up and my legs were wrapped around him. We looked at each other and then went into a clinch.”

Natalie laughs: “Jeff Hordley, who plays Cain, told me they’re some of the raunchiest scenes he’s ever performed in and he’s had to do a lot.”

“When one was over the crew’s boom operator was crying with laughter. He said he’d overheard a conversation in the control room where somebody had said something about going for a cigarette afterwards.”

The romp on the bed between Natalie, 36, and Jeff, 41, during their torrid but ill-fated fling is to be shown on November 8.

[
    Dirty secret: Cain and Moira poised for a passionate clinch

Natalie is no stranger to steamy love scenes. In 2006 she played Gemma Clewes, Max Branning’s mistress in EastEnders and had to “kiss a lot”. The following year she went much further, seducing and bedding a young jailbird in Kitchen, a Channel 5 drama starring Eddie Izzard. She says: “It was my first topless scene and it wasn’t easy. It was supposed to be a full frontal but I said no to that.

“They said they needed to see some flesh as I was trying to lure a 20-year-old into bed with me to persuade him to kill my husband.

“I was lying back in bed, completely topless, smoking a fag and I remember the boom operator was inches from me.”

And filming sex scenes does not get easier. “It’s always a bit odd at first,” she says.

“I prefer to kiss during rehearsal, it’s better to get a feel for it. The crew get to see it and they don’t feel weird about it. You can just let go when you actually do it.

“Generally most actors don’t mind. If they do, that’s fine but I expect them to be good if they’re only doing it once,” she laughs.

“Jeff was particularly easy to work with, but I suppose he should be considering he’s had so many women on Emmerdale, he can do it with his eyes closed now. But the fridge scene did seem to last forever which was a bit embarrassing.”

“Some viewers will say: ‘Oh no, Moira is so good and so pure – she’s Mother Earth – and afterwards there was huge guilt and she thought, ‘what have I done’.

“But actually that’s more of a reason for it to work, as she and Cain are so different.”

Single Natalie, who lives in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, and joined the soap in July 2009, is adamant she would not be tempted like Moira to bed a bad boy.

Sexy

“I’ve definitely had moments where I’ve had chemistry with someone and I’ve been in a relationship and maybe fancied other people – that’s human nature – but I’ve never two-timed someone and I’ve never got close to doing it,” she says firmly.

Drama: Natalie dying in the Bill and in Waterloo Road

“There have been men, similar to Cain, who I’ve been attracted to, who I’ve had banter with, who’ve got under my skin and teased me. But luckily I’m not attracted to bad boys.

“When you get older you realise they’re too much trouble and you just get a broken heart. Now I’m drawn to somebody sexy and intelligent who has something about them. Having been through different relationships I know what I want and I don’t want to waste time with someone I don’t really care for.”

She hopes one day she will find Mr Right, settle down and start a family.

“I would love to meet somebody that I loved enough to either marry or have a child with,” she explains.

“I would love children in my life, partly because I think that’s why we are here but also it would be nice to experience that side of life with somebody you are in love with.”

Born and raised in Glasgow, Natalie made her screen debut at nine in a docu-drama with veteran Scottish actor Tom Conti.

She won the BBC Young Entertainer of the Year at 13 by doing impressions on kids TV show Going Live! Then at 15 she landed a role in the Scottish soap Take The High Road.

She moved to London at 20 and worked as a session singer, even briefly singing in a band called Kinky People alongside Vic Reeves’ wife Nancy Sorrell.

Her big break came in 1999 in the drama Sunburn with Michelle Collins followed by spells in London’s Burning, three years in the daytime soap Doctors and two years in The Bill. She played PC Andrea Dunbar, an *undercover journalist left to die in a blaze by crazed bent cop PC Gabriel Kent.

Natalie as PC Dunbar in The Bill

She has also appeared in the BBC’s Waterloo Road and as a kidnapped patrol leader in Jean-Claude Van Damme’s 2008 film The Shepherd: Border Control.

Away from the screen Natalie keeps fit by running every other day. She lost a stone last year for the storyline about her screen daughter’s heroin addiction but regained some of the weight after giving up smoking nine months ago.

“Not because I ate more, just because your metabolism slows down,” she explains. “I was training a lot and still put on weight and got really upset with myself, but my skin is better, my eyes are whiter, I don’t smell of smoke and I can run much further.

“It’s important to be fit but I love food and I’m not built to be a size 6. I’ll always be athletic and have a womanly figure.

“I’d like to lose the cigarette weight I put on but that’s it. I don’t really worry too much otherwise.”

Instead Natalie’s main concern is *getting her dramatic storyline right. “I keep saying to Jeff – the housewives are going to love this, they are going to go weak at the knees over it,” she laughs.

“Jeff has got quite a big following and there are a lot of women out there who fancy him. Luckily in real life he’s so different to his character. He’s actually such a gentle soul and after he’s *finished filming he groans and says, ‘Oh, he’s awful, he’s awful’. And I say, ‘Yes Jeff, but you do it so well!’”

(c) Sunday People
    Last edited by alan45; 23-10-2011 at 02:54.

Must be me but I see no chemistry between them (not like the chemistry with Charity and Cain anyways)

Moria getting with Declan would have been a better option imo

Again this affair ruins the character Moira must like Laurel's affair with Marlon

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (24-10-2011), lizann (09-11-2011)

I agree can't see this one , Declan yes . Perhaps she's after free servicing on the Land Rover. I don't think John's leaving is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Glen1 View Post
    I agree can't see this one , Declan yes . Perhaps she's after free servicing on the Land Rover. I don't think John's leaving is he?
    Its more than the land-rover which will be getting a free service.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (24-10-2011)

Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has hinted that the Barton family will be rocked by her character Moira's affair with Cain Dingle.

Moira sleeps with Cain later this week and soon finds herself drawn back towards the village bad boy on several further occasions.

However, it has now emerged that mischievous Cain (Jeff Hordley) soon sets the cat among the pigeons by telling Moira's husband John (James Thornton) what has been going on between them.

Robb told We Love Telly: "She goes back and forth to Cain a few times, and he ends up telling her husband John. It's not going to be a good Christmas!"

The actress also explained why Moira puts her marriage in jeopardy in the first place.

"She still loves John, but she feels isolated and neglected because he's stopped including her in the finances of the new business," she said. "He's changed the dynamic of their relationship."

Robb added: "[Cain's] going to bring something out of her that she didn't know was there."

Cain was recently left furious when his on-off partner Charity Tate (Emma Atkins) decided against reuniting with him, instead opting to make a go of things with Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson).

Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has revealed that there will be more big storylines on the way for the Bartons in 2012.

The family have been brought back to the forefront of the soap in recent months thanks to their feud with Declan Macey and struggle to keep the farm afloat. Robb's character Moira is also about to embark on a steamy affair with Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley).

Speaking on Lorraine this morning, Robb predicted that Moira may never be quite the same once her current storyline with Cain is over.

"It gives a bit more dimension to the character," she explained. "She's always kind of been on the backburner, Moira, and now she's coming to the forefront. And she'll discover herself - there's a bit of a dark side to her that's going to stick around now."

She continued: "Next year we're going to have even more explosive storylines. It's the 40th anniversary next year - big storylines coming up. There's going to be lots of big stories for the Bartons at the beginning of next year as well."

Robb also hinted that Cain's bad boy ways could come back to haunt him if he carries on upsetting people.

"[There's also] big storylines all around Cain coming up, leading up to Christmas," she said. "He's making a lot of people unhappy, put it that way, in the village. Bad repercussions are coming."

Moira and Cain sleep together for the first time in Thursday night's Emmerdale double bill.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (25-10-2011)

Sounds like Cain gets killed (doubt he is leaving so maybe not killed) or assaulted and there will be some many culprits so we have a who did storyline

Emmerdale's series producer Stuart Blackburn has hinted that Cain Dingle could face a backlash from a number of his fellow villagers in the coming weeks.

Cain's behaviour has spiralled out of control in recent months as he has made a number of jealous attempts to destroy Charity Tate's (Emma Atkins) new relationship with Jai Sharma (Chris Bisson).

The village bad boy has also terrorised troubled teen Amy Wyatt - unaware that she is still carrying his baby - as well as embarking on an affair with Moira Barton.

Blackburn told Inside Soap of Cain's future: "There will be a big showdown with Cain and the Sharmas - and pretty much the whole village, come to that!

"Cain has been running rampant for years, and aside from Debbie and Sarah, his one true love is Charity - so he'll do anything to stop her from marrying Jai. The storm clouds are gathering at the moment, and the big question heading towards Christmas is, has Cain gone too far this time?"

Amy (Chelsea Halfpenny) is currently keeping her pregnancy a secret from her loved ones and has vowed to have her baby put up for adoption.

Pondering whether she could change her mind, Blackburn added: "Amy has got this terrible secret to keep and as we get closer to Christmas, she will have to make the biggest decision of her life. We're heading for an emotional, heartbreaking and soul-searching time for her."

Natalie J Robb, who plays Moira, recently warned that Cain's bad behaviour could come back to haunt him if he carries on upsetting people in the village.

She said last week: "There's big storylines all around Cain coming up, leading up to Christmas. He's making a lot of people unhappy, put it that way, in the village. Bad repercussions are coming."

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm on ITV1.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Mall monkey (25-10-2013)

Thread Information