Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Moira and Cain

Charity is the love of Cain's life
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 02-12-2012 at 21:37.

Emmerdale lovers Cain Dingle and Moira Barton will go public with their romance on New Year's Eve, shocking the village as the clock strikes midnight.

In the build-up to New Year, Cain fears losing Moira (Natalie J Robb) as they fall out and she subsequently takes an interest in newcomer Dominic Andrews.

Not one to give up easily, Cain hatches a plan to win Moira back as 2012 draws to a close - and it seems to work perfectly as they finally become a proper couple!

Here, Jeff Hordley - who plays Cain - chats about the twists and turns in store.

How serious are Cain's feelings for Moira?
    "I think, unbeknownst to him, Cain is falling for Moira more than he would like! His feelings are pretty genuine and he doesn't realise it at first, but he's definitely falling for her."

What is it about Moira that attracts Cain so much?
    "I think it's that Moira is grounded, she's feisty and she's a good match for Cain. The key thing is that Moira is one of the few people who gets Cain to open up. The only other people he'll really speak to are Zak, Debbie and Charity. But Moira seems to be the person who has the knack of getting even more out of Cain!

"With everything that's gone on between Chas and Debbie, Moira is the only one who's realised that Cain is actually torn between his daughter and his sister. Everyone else thinks that Cain doesn't give a toss about Chas, but he actually does and Moira sees that."

Does Cain regard Dom as serious competition?
    "Definitely! The problem is that Cain and Moira keep misfiring and mis-hitting with each other, so Moira starts flirting with Dom and I think Cain worries that he's missed out. He's really genuinely gutted about it, but that doesn't stop him from coming up with a plan to make sure that he gets his way in the end."

What can you tell us about Cain's plan to win Moira back from Dom?
    "Cain is in the café on his lonesome having a bite to eat, and Dom comes in asking Bob for some special food as he's going on a date. Cain then finds out that Moira is the one he's taking out. So Cain finds a way to snatch Dom's keys, steals his motorbike and then goes over to the farm to pick Moira up.

"Cain is wearing Dom's helmet and the visor is down, so Moira thinks that it's Dom who has come to pick her up. But just as they're setting off, Cain reveals who he is and says that they're going on a ride. There's nothing Moira can do about it then.

"When they finally stop, Moira is absolutely fuming and they have a bit of a row. But the row turns into a little moment in a barn…"

How does Cain win Moira round again?
    "Well, they're having this argument and Moira throws Cain a bone by saying that she's freezing out in the cold. She wants him to put his arms around her to warm her up. After they've got back together, Cain tells Moira that he wants to go to The Woolpack and declare to everyone that they're a couple. Moira is surprised, but Cain is adamant that he wants to do it.

"Later, they do go into the pub and on the stroke of the New Year countdown, Cain and Moira kiss."

How much of a big deal is this for Cain?
    "It's definitely a big thing for Cain, but after the year he's had, I think he's ready and he's not as wild as he used to be. Everything that happened to him with Zak has made him realise that he doesn't want to be as wild.

"Zak has also advised Cain that Moira is worth keeping hold of. I think Cain is gradually beginning to realise that Moira could be a special person for him."

What kind of a reaction does their New Year kiss get in The Woolpack?
    "Oh, I think everybody else is shocked - including Adam!"

Does Cain care that Adam doesn't approve of this relationship?
    "No, but I also think he's very sensitive towards the situation. The morning after, on New Year's Day, Cain and Moira wake up and Moira goes to make him breakfast. However, Adam's there and Cain realises that she needs to deal with this and he leaves them to sort it out. So you'll see that he is quite sensitive - he's changing, but for the better."

Do you think Cain is capable of treating Moira properly?
    "I think he is capable, but he's always got that switch inside him to screw it all up. If something bad happens or someone in his family gets hurt, it could make Cain see red again, and I don't think that would please Moira. So she's dealing with fire, but I think she realises the pitfalls of that, and that's what makes it an interesting relationship."

How do you think the viewers will react to Cain and Moira's relationship?
    "I really think the viewers will enjoy this coupling, be intrigued and want to watch to see where it goes. We always know with Cain that there's a potential for things to go wrong, because he's not a straightforward character - he's very complex."

What's in store for Cain in 2013?
    "There'll be more of this Cain and Moira stuff, but he'll also be watching out for his daughter.

"As well as that, the Cain and Cameron situation is an open book at the moment. The last thing the viewers have seen between Cain and Cameron is, 'I'm going to get you', and 'Not if I get you first'! That's going to be great between the two of them. Who's going to win, Cain or Cameron? Place your bets!"

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2Ek7iXyfn

maybe cameron can kill off moira before he gets his come uppance from cain in the end hopefully

i'm not a fan of moira and cain and can understand why adam wont be happy with his mother

maybe cameron can kill off moira before he gets his come uppance from cain in the end hopefully

i'm not a fan of moira and cain and can understand why adam wont be happy with his mother

Emmerdale stars Jeff Hordley and Natalie J Robb have confirmed that there are more romance troubles ahead for their characters Cain Dingle and Moira Barton.

The pair went public as a couple at New Year and seemed to be building up a stable relationship, but it won't be smooth sailing for them over the next few weeks.

Viewers will see Moira reject Cain after he is finally honest with her about his feelings in an upcoming episode.

Hordley told TV Times: "They're like two teenagers who can't admit their feelings for each other. She keeps urging him to open up, and then when he does, she doesn't want to know."

In the aftermath of the split, Moira starts pursuing other men on nights out with new friend Vanessa Woodfield.

Robb explained: "Moira doesn't try to hurt Cain deliberately. She just doesn't like the way that everything has to turn into a fight with him. She doesn't want that kind of violence around her family."

However, the pair have been tipped to reunite in the long-run as Cain needs Moira's support when his daughter Debbie continues to involve herself in criminal activity.

Hordley said: "Debbie goes off the rails, making Cain become an adult. He craves a bit of stability.

"They're a good match. She has fire in her belly - that's the attraction for Cain. Thanks to Moira, we're going to see a different side to him."

Emmerdale airs an hour-long episode tonight (January 22) from 7pm on ITV.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Glen1 (22-01-2013)

Emmerdale stars Jeff Hordley and Natalie J Robb have confirmed that there are more romance troubles ahead for their characters Cain Dingle and Moira Barton.

The pair went public as a couple at New Year and seemed to be building up a stable relationship, but it won't be smooth sailing for them over the next few weeks.

Viewers will see Moira reject Cain after he is finally honest with her about his feelings in an upcoming episode.

Hordley told TV Times: "They're like two teenagers who can't admit their feelings for each other. She keeps urging him to open up, and then when he does, she doesn't want to know."

In the aftermath of the split, Moira starts pursuing other men on nights out with new friend Vanessa Woodfield.

Robb explained: "Moira doesn't try to hurt Cain deliberately. She just doesn't like the way that everything has to turn into a fight with him. She doesn't want that kind of violence around her family."

However, the pair have been tipped to reunite in the long-run as Cain needs Moira's support when his daughter Debbie continues to involve herself in criminal activity.

Hordley said: "Debbie goes off the rails, making Cain become an adult. He craves a bit of stability.

"They're a good match. She has fire in her belly - that's the attraction for Cain. Thanks to Moira, we're going to see a different side to him."

Emmerdale airs an hour-long episode tonight (January 22) from 7pm on ITV.

anything to stop them ripping each other's clothes off

Emmerdale stars Jeff Hordley and Natalie J Robb talk to TV Times magazine about whether the dark Dingle has finally found the woman who can change him...

It’s fair to say Cain and Moira don’t do things easily!
    Jeff: “They are like two teenagers who can’t admit their feelings for one another. She keeps urging him to open up and then when he does, she doesn’t want to know.”

One minute they’re on, and the next Moira is picking up men with Vanessa on nights out...
    Natalie: “Moira doesn’t try and hurt Cain deliberately. She just wants to move on. She is interested in Cain, but she doesn’t like the way everything has to turn into a fight with him. She wants a normal relationship, and doesn’t want that kind of violence around her family.”

Just as Debbie is turning to a life of crime, is Cain mellowing?
    Jeff: “There is only so much scowling, frowning and fighting you can do. Debbie goes off the rails, making Cain become an adult. He craves a bit of stability. Some normality and I think it would be interesting to see him try and have a normal life.”

Do you think Cain and Moira will be able to have a loving relationship?
    Natalie: “The problem is, neither of them know what will happen if they let their feelings go. They are good together. Under the covers it’s amazing and they have a bond. Moira sees the good in Cain.”

What do you think of them as a couple?
    Jeff: “They are a good match. She has fire in her belly and that’s the attraction for Cain. Thanks to Moira, we are going to see a different side to him.”

Does it mean Cain is finally over Charity?
    Jeff: “Will Cain ever be over Charity? I don’t think anything has been resolved between them. Moira is going to push that question and that boundary with him. Watch this space. Let’s just say that there are some more rapids for Cain to negotiate before he finds the still waters.”

Emmerdale stars Jeff Hordley and Natalie J Robb talk to TV Times magazine about whether the dark Dingle has finally found the woman who can change him...

It’s fair to say Cain and Moira don’t do things easily!
    Jeff: “They are like two teenagers who can’t admit their feelings for one another. She keeps urging him to open up and then when he does, she doesn’t want to know.”

One minute they’re on, and the next Moira is picking up men with Vanessa on nights out...
    Natalie: “Moira doesn’t try and hurt Cain deliberately. She just wants to move on. She is interested in Cain, but she doesn’t like the way everything has to turn into a fight with him. She wants a normal relationship, and doesn’t want that kind of violence around her family.”

Just as Debbie is turning to a life of crime, is Cain mellowing?
    Jeff: “There is only so much scowling, frowning and fighting you can do. Debbie goes off the rails, making Cain become an adult. He craves a bit of stability. Some normality and I think it would be interesting to see him try and have a normal life.”

Do you think Cain and Moira will be able to have a loving relationship?
    Natalie: “The problem is, neither of them know what will happen if they let their feelings go. They are good together. Under the covers it’s amazing and they have a bond. Moira sees the good in Cain.”

What do you think of them as a couple?
    Jeff: “They are a good match. She has fire in her belly and that’s the attraction for Cain. Thanks to Moira, we are going to see a different side to him.”

Does it mean Cain is finally over Charity?
    Jeff: “Will Cain ever be over Charity? I don’t think anything has been resolved between them. Moira is going to push that question and that boundary with him. Watch this space. Let’s just say that there are some more rapids for Cain to negotiate before he finds the still waters.”

Emmerdale's Moira Barton is pleasantly surprised next week as Cain Dingle declares his love for her, desperate to win her back.

Moira is at the end of her tether with Cain (Jeff Hordley) following their recent issues, but when he reveals the extent of his feelings for her, it looks like their relationship could have a future after all.

Here, Natalie J Robb - who plays Moira - reveals the latest twists and turns ahead for her character's rocky romance.

How would you describe Moira's feelings for Cain? Is it love?
    "I think it's definitely becoming love, yes. Moira is certainly falling for Cain. They've always had an amazing chemistry, and now it's developing into something more serious. Moira is opening her heart to him, let's say that!"

What's the build-up to Cain declaring his feelings for Moira?
    "Well, it's got to the point where Moira's had enough of Cain, really. She cares about him and she thinks that they've got a future together, but not when he always resorts to violence, as that's something she doesn't really want anything to do with.

"Moira thinks you can deal with things differently and in a more mature manner, without using your fists or blackmail or whatever! I think she's just had her fill of it, but then Cain just blurts out that he loves her!"

Does Cain actually say, 'I love you' to Moira?
    "Well, he doesn't say those exact words. Moira says that she wants someone to take care of her and love her properly. Cain says, 'You already have that!' She's shellshocked.

"It's what she wants to hear, though - it's what many women would want to hear Cain saying to them. She's really surprised, so she does have to think about it and digest it a little bit. She realises that if this is the case, their relationship could develop into something more serious and maybe it could work after all."

Moira leaves Cain hanging on for her response. Why is that?
    "It's not that she doesn't feel the same way that he does. She just realises that she's got to think about what she's getting into when it comes to Cain!"

What happens next?
    "Because Moira doesn't respond straight away, Cain tries to run away for a while. He decides that he's going to go to Scotland, as he's going to do a job there. When Moira sees Cain packing his suitcases, she asks where he's going, and she's shocked when he says that he's packing for Scotland.

"Moira just immediately thinks, 'He's running away, here we go again!' Cain tells Moira to forget what he said, as it was all a mistake. She's at the end of her tether at this point - she can't cope with all these ups and downs. Moira storms off, but then Cain runs after her and makes a truce by giving her his toothbrush to keep at her place! He sorts it out, and they're together after that."

Is Moira confident that Cain can really give her what she wants from a relationship?
    "I think she's a little bit dubious about it, but she knows that he's got the potential. That's always been the point where Moira and Cain are concerned - she can see that he's human deep down, and it's just a case of unlocking those demons in him and getting rid of them.

"He'll always be Cain and he'll always be edgy. They've got a very passionate relationship, and that's what she's drawn to. But I think she thinks he is capable of a proper relationship."

How does Adam react to all this?
    "Obviously Adam's always going to see Cain as the man who broke his mum and dad up. His dad has passed away, so he's not going to warm to the idea very quickly. But he is coming round to it.

"Adam is growing up now and he wants his mum to be happy. If anything sways him, it'll be that."

As Natalie, do you want Moira and Cain to make a go of things?
    "Yes, personally I would like to see that. I think it works and I enjoy working with Jeff Hordley, so it's good for me. I think it's exciting, and hopefully they'll keep making it exciting. Just watch this space!"

Are you enjoying playing Moira's friendship with Chas?
    "Yeah, it's good to have friendships in soaps - I think it's important! Chas and Moira do have a history together, but they've managed to reconcile their differences and I think it's good to have this friendship."

Could that friendship land Moira in trouble with Debbie, though?
    "It causes a storm of affairs with Debbie! There's always going to be trouble ahead where Debbie is concerned. I think if anyone gets in the way of the warpath that she's on, there's going to be trouble. So yes is the answer to that!"

How are the viewers reacting to Cain and Moira's romance?
    "It's all positive feedback. Especially from women - they all think I'm really lucky, which I am, I suppose! People seem to like the fiery chemistry between us. There's also a 'Coira' name for us. I don't know if I like it, though, as it sounds like a fish gone wrong
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information