Page 10 of 90 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Moira and Cain

I heard cain gets with charity about the same time as moira announces that and he realises that he has messed up but charity is having none of it and blackmails him

'Emmerdale' Natalie J Robb committed to Moira role: 'I'm very happy'

Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has confirmed that she will be sticking with the soap for the foreseeable future.

The actress has played Moira Barton on the ITV show since 2009, and she has more big storylines ahead over the next few weeks as her on-screen family is expanded.

Asked on Loose Women whether she is committed to her role as Moira, Robb said today: "For the foreseeable future, yes. I'm very happy at the moment. When you get big storylines and you're busy all the time, you get your teeth into it and every actor loves that. That's what we want."

Discussing Emmerdale's recent 'Best Soap' win at the Inside Soap Awards, she continued: "I think every soap has its shining time, and I think it's our time at the moment. We work very hard. The cast and crew really do work hard. I just think we deserve it, and it's really good to be recognised for it. When I went into ITV on Tuesday morning, the place was buzzing, so it was lovely."

Tonight's double bill (October 24) centres around Moira's relationship with Cain Dingle (Jeff Hordley), who decides that it's time to pop the question properly.

Robb explained: "I think there's going to be happy times, but it's not going to be smooth sailing. They've got a very passionate relationship. You'll see when you watch both episodes tonight, because just when he's about to pop the question, there's a mystery intruder. Then there's loads of drama after that, and it sort of gets put back on the shelf."

Emmerdale will soon introduce former Coronation Street star Bill Ward as James Barton, the brother of Moira's late husband John. James is the father of three grown-up sons.

Quizzed on whether Moira and James could get together, Robb laughed: "I don't know. I know the backstory but that's it!"

Emmerdale continues tonight at 7pm and 8pm on ITV.

I so agree with Katie Hunter, Cain and Charity; they've had their time and I hope the powers that be know that their "love story" is soooo not going to work with this new Cain. I just think that he is far better off being with the farmers wife. GO MOIRA, LOL.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kiwigirl For This Useful Post:

EmmaLouiseX (26-10-2013)

Emmerdale's Moira Barton faces disappointment on New Year's Eve after jumping to the conclusion that Cain Dingle is planning to pop the question to her.

Moira gets suspicious when Cain (Jeff Hordley) decides to make the big night as romantic as possible for the two of them, but how will she feel when no proposal materialises?

Here, Natalie J Robb - who plays Moira - offers her take on the latest twists and turns in her character's love life.

Cain decides to take Moira away for New Year next week, but she turns down his offer. Why is that?
    "Because Moira feels like he's only doing it to get her away from James. Things have been going well between Cain and Moira, but she's starting to sense that he's a little bit jealous with James's presence around the house."

Does Moira know that James has feelings for her?
    "I think she has a good idea - she thinks it a little but she's not sure. But she's head over heels in love with Cain."

Why does Moira suspect that Cain is going to propose at New Year?
    "Because Cain wants to take her away, he's making an effort and it's a big surprise. He's acting a little bit out of character, so Moira thinks, 'Ooh, maybe he's got something up his sleeve'. She thinks it's more than a night out that he wants."

Of course Cain and Moira almost got engaged a few weeks ago, didn't they?
    "Yes, she just didn't get a chance to answer him and things got in the middle, so it never came up again. But I think she would have seriously considered it."

Cain ends up taking Moira for a New Year's Eve meal at the B&B, which has been specially decorated for her. How does Moira react?
    "She's really taken aback and at that point she thinks, 'Right this is definitely a proposal, there's a proposal coming'. The B&B is really pretty - they've decorated it all with this lovely shiny material and they've put lanterns all over the place, so it's a very romantic feel."

ow does Moira feel when the proposal doesn't happen?
    "She's gutted! She's a bit embarrassed actually, because what Cain wants to do is just get her there to have some sex. The house is too crowded and they want to have some peace and quiet, but then he suggests they can try every room. She's just like, 'Right…'"

It's clear that Cain thinks it's time for the Barton boys to move out… How does Moira feel about having them around all the time?
    "Well she knows it's quite a lot to take on, but I actually think Moira quite likes having that family feel back in the farm again. I think she likes the family vibe."

The next day, Moira injures her foot…
    "Yeah, she falls off a bloomin' ladder, silly girl! She just slips and she goes over on her ankle but it's a really bad sprain."

James takes Moira to hospital, but Cain is the one who takes her home. Is Moira happy that actually it's Cain who picks her up?
    "Yeah, she is. That who she'd rather see when she comes out of the room, so she likes that he's made the effort to come."

How is Moira feeling about the friction between Cain and James?
    "She's just skimming over it - she's not making it a big deal, she's just like 'get on with it'. Her heart is absolutely still with Cain - she has no eyes for James."

Can we expect more fireworks between Cain and James?
    "There's always going to be fireworks!"

Big ones?
    "Possibly…"

What's it been like working with the new Barton gang?
    "It's been great. They're a really lovely bunch of guys, all very professional. We can really have a laugh at the same time, so we're gelling well and that's the important thing."

How did you feel when the bosses told you they were bringing in Moira's family?
    "I thought it was great. It's nice to make the farm a bit of a hub. It's nice to have that busy element going on, because that is how farms are, that's how they work. I was really pleased because it was good to have a different dynamic on set. I also did some of the screen testing with some of the new actors."

Do you still enjoy working on the farm?
    "Yeah I do, and I like working on location now - I hope we do more of it. I think the producers are definitely making that happen, it's very important for the show as it makes us different from the others."

Are you hoping that Moira and Cain manage to make things work?
    "Yeah, I would like to see that happen because I think it's a bit different - it's a bit exciting and there's a good chemistry between them, so I would like to see them make it work.

"Moira likes Cain's dangerous side, his dark mysterious side. They're also very good sexually together - they're very passionate. There's something about Cain - she understands his vulnerabilities and I think they don't necessarily talk about everything, but she knows him. They both stand up to each other, too - it's a nice balance!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

EmmaLouiseX (03-01-2014), katie hunter (09-02-2014), kiwigirl (24-12-2013), suzewebb (24-12-2013)

Emmerdale star Natalie J Robb has revealed that she "can't wait" to film Moira Barton and Cain Dingle's wedding day.

Moira proposes to Cain next week and although he initially doubts her motives, the couple soon work through their differences and announce that they are engaged.

Speaking to TV Times about her character's big decision, Robb commented: "It's real love. They have a great chemistry and they've come together and made the relationship work, regardless of what has happened in their past.

"Their marriage will be far from dull - those two aren't even dull when they're happy. Everyone keeps saying that Moira is taming Cain, but that isn't true. He has grown up. He has matured and that's what attracted her.

"I can't wait for the potential wedding day. It will be the first time I've got married on screen. I can't imagine it will be traditional. Moira had a traditional white wedding with John - I think she'll want something simpler now."

Jeff Hordley, who plays Cain, has also tipped the on-screen couple for an exciting future.

He said: "I think this is just the start for them. It's going to be a good year. Our producer has some brilliant stories lined up. I think viewers will be pleased to see Cain and Moira together - on Twitter they are known as Coira."

Emmerdale airs Moira's proposal next Monday (February 10) at 7pm on ITV.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (04-02-2014), katie hunter (09-02-2014), maidmarian (04-02-2014), moiracainx (04-02-2014)

coira never heard that before for them

I think Cain will kill James eventually. James will do something nasty to Moira and Cain will come to her rescue or something like that. I seem to remember Moira asking Cain if he would kill for her. ( After Cain took Cameron to the quarry and threatened to kill him. ) It would make for a great story line.

Quote Originally Posted by helena1414 View Post
    I think Cain will kill James eventually. James will do something nasty to Moira and Cain will come to her rescue or something like that. I seem to remember Moira asking Cain if he would kill for her. ( After Cain took Cameron to the quarry and threatened to kill him. ) It would make for a great story line.
    I can definitely see James becoming a right weirdo and perhaps trying to hurt Moira. I'd be happy to see Cain take him on a one way trip to the quarry.

Last edited by katie hunter; 09-02-2014 at 23:24.

my guess is james is adam or holly's real father

Thread Information