Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lucy Robinson

Also ahead on Neighbours, Lucy Robinson returns to Ramsay Street to help sort out the ongoing feud between her brother Paul and Terese Willis.

Pushed to the brink of her patience following more trouble with Paul, Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) vents to Brad that she's had enough of the businessman's games and is ready to quit the hotel.

However, when Brad unintentionally gives her a solution, Terese changes her mind, informing Paul that she will no longer tolerate his bad behaviour. She then announces that she has called in Lucy, who is on her way.

After flying in from Singapore, Lucy (Melissa Bell) also quickly becomes annoyed with Paul when she discovers that he never gave Lauren Turner a heads-up about Brad and Terese moving back into the neighbourhood.

Lucy wastes no time in giving Paul a choice - either tear up Terese's performance-based contract and give her the support she needs as manager, or he's out of the Lassiter's franchise...

Lucy Robinson is back to help Terese with Paul.
    © Channel 5
    Lucy Robinson is back to help Terese with Paul.

Terese is happy to have Lucy's support.
    © Channel 5
    Terese is happy to have Lucy's support.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, January 15 and Thursday, January 16 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours' Melissa Bell: 'I'm returning as Lucy Robinson again'
    Neighbours' Melissa Bell: 'Lucy could be keeper of Lauren se

Neighbours: Melissa Bell on Lucy Robinson's return, Paul rows, more

Neighbours welcomes back Lucy Robinson on UK screens this week as Terese Willis calls her back to Erinsborough.

Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) decides that she needs back-up from Lucy after more bad behaviour from Paul (Stefan Dennis) at Lassiter's pushes her to the edge.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Melissa Bell, who plays Lucy, to hear more about her latest return and what's in store.

Up until last year, we hadn't seen you on Neighbours since 2005. How has it felt to revisit the role of Lucy?
    "It's been really good actually. When I went back in 2005 that was for the 20th anniversary of Neighbours and it was really exciting. Then I was asked to go back again for episodes last year and it was a pleasant surprise because it worked out really well. The producers said they had some exciting stories in the pipeline and were revamping the show by trying to bring back some older characters. It was really good to be part of that, and there's going to be more to come this year as well."

We know that you've joined Twitter recently, so what has the response been like to your return?
    "It's been really positive. The response has been good here in Australia and I believe that I'm about to come back on screen in the UK, so I hope the fans over there will enjoy seeing the character again too. Lucy has grown up a lot now because she's the boss of Lassiter's Worldwide. She is Paul's boss and I think the fans will like that - somebody putting him in his place!"

What can we expect from your return storyline this time around?
    "The last time I went back, Lucy came to Erinsborough and said that she was putting Terese in charge of Lassiter's. Lucy has then been overseeing everything from afar, but Terese has been having so much trouble with Paul. He's always up to something and trying to swindle someone! Terese decides to get her own back by calling in Lucy to sort him out and put him into line."

Is Lucy a match for Paul when he's being so sneaky?
    "Oh definitely, and I think she sees through him. I think the fans will really enjoy seeing that. Paul can't stand over Lucy - he tries to do that with everyone else on the street, but he isn't able to do it with her.

"When Lucy comes in, she sees through all of that, and Paul also listens to her. He doesn't react to her the same way he would anyone else, because they are brother and sister and they are so close. Paul gave Lucy a job all those years ago but now the roles are reversed, so Paul can't really get away with much!"

There's also quite a bit coming up with Lucy and Lauren, isn't there?
    "Yes, their friendship goes back many years. When Lucy comes back, she is a good listener and is there for Lauren as a genuine friend. Lauren confides in her and reveals a secret to Lucy that she hasn't been able to tell anyone else in the street. We've just seen those scenes on air here in Australia and they went down really well. It was also great working with Kate Kendall who plays Lauren - she's lovely."

Have you finished filming your return stint now?
    "I have finished filming now as everyone is on a production break, but I will definitely be going back again this year. I don't know how long for, but hopefully it's going to be for a while. That would be nice."

Would you be interested in a permanent return?
    "Oh definitely, yes! I think everyone is just waiting to see the response. Hopefully the viewers will really love it - the character of Lucy has evolved a lot now and she's got a lot of depth. It's great to play the character so many years on and bring the role to life again. I feel I have a lot more to offer as a person, so it's going to be exciting."

We know that your career outside of acting is fashion design. How do you find juggling all of your commitments?
    "Well, I love being busy! I don't like doing nothing! With acting jobs, there's only a handful of shows and mini-series in Australia. There's not such a thriving industry here, so it's hard. I really like TV as a medium and the whole process of being part of it, so I manage everything and I also have four children so that keeps me busy too."

What's it been like to work with Stefan Dennis again?
    "It's really nice and he hasn't changed a bit! I've always got along really well with him, and our characters have always had that good brother-sister relationship. He's a really nice person, easy to work with and really professional."

What are your memories of being part of the Neighbours cast when the show was so huge in the '90s?
    "There's so many different memories, but Neighbours have launched so many careers and it's been a great show to be involved with. It gave me a lot of opportunities to work on other Australian dramas, and even live in London and work over there doing plays and pantomimes, which I really enjoyed.

"There's a lot of great memories there for me, because I was able to travel the world and work in different countries. I've been extremely lucky."

How do you feel about the plans to bring in Scott and Charlene's son?
    "I think it's a great move. Scott's my brother in the show, so I'll be the aunty! That'll be interesting! It's really good to delve into the past because when the show was so big in the '90s, it had all of those old characters, and Lucy was one of them. It's going to be really interesting and I'm looking forward to finding out who they're going to cast to play that role, because I don't know myself yet!"

What is the atmosphere like on set at Neighbours at the moment with new producer Jason Herbison in charge?
    "It's really good. Jason is really nice. I worked with him on another show many years ago, and he's been a big fan of Neighbours for so many years as well. He used to be a writer for Neighbours, so I think by going from writing into producing, he's got a really good grounding for the characters.

"Jason has watched the show for 20-odd years so he's got such a good understanding of it all, and I think it's really important to have that. It's a really good team at Neighbours at the moment and it's just like it was 20 years ago - isn't that funny?"

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (16-01-2014)

Also ahead on Neighbours, Lucy Robinson challenges her brother Paul and urges him to put his resentment to one side.

On the eve of his 50th birthday, Paul is left hurt when several of the guests who are meant to be attending his party start to cancel, including Sophie, Harry, Elle and Andrew.

Paul (Stefan Dennis) decides to cover his disappointment and puts on a brave face, telling Kate and Lucy that the family will be reunited soon enough. Lucy is left thrown by this comment, but when she learns that Paul has offered the management of the hotel to Elle and Andrew, everything begins to make sense to her.

While Paul believes the pair will be tempted, Lucy (Melissa Bell) knows better and warns him that his offer will be perceived as an attempt to control his loved ones - and her suspicions are proved correct when Elle and Andrew turn down the offer.

Later, during a trip down memory lane, Lucy challenges Paul to admit that his biggest problem is with her and the fact that she became his superior in the hotel group.

She urges him to put his resentment aside and advises him that if he won't remain in the Lassiter's chain, he could at least hire Terese back as manager.

Caught up in the sentiment of the day, Paul reluctantly asks Terese to take her old job back but will she accept his offer?

Lucy talks to Paul.
    © Channel 5
    Lucy talks to Paul.

Lucy challenges Paul.
    © Channel 5
    Lucy challenges Paul.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, February 12 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

A new friendship for Lucy Robinson will take a surprising turn on Neighbours when she asks gay mechanic Chris Pappas to have a baby with her.

UK fans will next month see Lucy (Melissa Bell) arrive back in Erinsborough and try to support her brother Paul as he remains in a depressed state following Kate Ramsay's murder.

While Lucy's presence is a big help for Paul, it soon becomes apparent that she is harbouring issues of her own as she fears that she is running out of time to start a family.

As she settles back into the area, Lucy strikes up a quick bond with Chris and is particularly impressed by him as they babysit Toadie and Sonya Rebecchi's young daughter Nell together.

After hearing some of Chris's tales of heartbreak following his past break-ups, Lucy decides to ask Sonya for more information about his background.

Having gathered as much information as she can, Lucy later leaves Chris shellshocked by asking if he wants to be the father of her baby.

A Neighbours source told Digital Spy: "Chris seeks lots of advice following Lucy's offer, but Kyle, Georgia and Sheila all have very different opinions on the matter. Will Chris be interested in becoming a father?"

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and on Friday, August 22 on Channel 5 in the UK.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Bouncer's Ghost (28-07-2014), Dazzle (28-07-2014), tammyy2j (29-07-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    As she settles back into the area...
    This implies that Lucy is back for quite a while. Anyone know how long for this time? I like Lucy and this storyline sounds intriguing.

Whilst I'm sure Chris would make a great father, this is such a terrible idea!

I hope Lucy doesn't cheer Paul up too much. I do like him when he's vulnerable!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Bouncer's Ghost For This Useful Post:

lizann (29-07-2014)

Whilst I'm sure Chris would make a great father, this is such a terrible idea!

I hope Lucy doesn't cheer Paul up too much. I do like him when he's vulnerable!

Lucy should ask ex Brad he likes having kids

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (29-07-2014), lizann (29-07-2014), scuzziemoo (10-08-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Lucy should ask ex Brad he likes having kids
    Lol

Neighbours welcomes back Lucy Robinson for another guest stint on UK screens next week.

Lucy arrives back in Erinsborough to support her brother Paul (Stefan Dennis) as he remains in turmoil following Kate Ramsay's murder. However, the businesswoman's own personal issues soon come to light when she asks Chris Pappas (James Mason) to help her become a mum…

Digital Spy recently caught up with Melissa Bell, who plays Lucy, to hear more about her latest storyline and why she wants to return to Neighbours permanently.

What brings Lucy back to Erinsborough this time?
    "Lucy has been in a relationship with somebody in New York, but she knows what's going on in Erinsborough as she's been keeping in contact with her nephew Daniel. Daniel has been emailing Lucy and chatting to her, saying that Paul is not doing very well at the moment.

"Lucy obviously cares about her brother, so she takes it upon herself to come straight out to Erinsborough and surprise him. But when she returns, she has her own personal issues as well."

Things are quite tense between Lucy and Paul at first. Why is that?
    "It's because Lucy comes back with her own underlying issues and problems. She's always coming back to help everyone else, but nobody has been there for her. Lucy ends up breaking down in front of Paul and saying, 'Well you're not the only one going through a tough time - I am too'.

"Paul responds to that as a brother would, by realising that it's not all about him as Lucy is struggling with some problems too. So they both help one another."

So could Lucy be the one to get Paul back on track?
    "Yes, Lucy does help Paul quite a bit because they've got that close brother-sister relationship and understanding between them. Lucy is always there for Paul and he's always there for her too, so she wants to support him in any way she can."

Why is Lucy feeling so down at the moment?
    "Before Lucy got on the plane, the person she was in a relationship with broke it off, and then she comes out to Australia thinking she might be pregnant. She's not pregnant in the end, but she wonders whether that was her last chance. All of those issues and emotions come into it. Lucy is getting older and she's had a great career, but there's no man and no baby."

Are you pleased to be exploring such a relatable storyline?
    "Yes, I'm really glad that Neighbours is doing something like this - especially with my character. It's great because there's lots to work with as an actor and lots of emotions to play. I've got four children myself, so I totally sympathise with the character."

Why does Lucy develop such a connection to Chris?
    "Lucy starts asking questions about Chris and his personal life because she's not in a relationship, so she needs to find another way to have a child. She starts to connect with Chris because he seems nice and non-threatening. That's when she gets the idea that he could be the father of her child."

How does Chris react to the idea?
    "At first Chris is a little bit shocked and he wonders whether Lucy is really serious, but she is determined that this is what she wants. Lucy thinks that her biological clock is ticking and maybe if she doesn't take this opportunity, it's going to be too late and she's going to miss out.

"Lucy doesn't have her own family, so I think she's really wanting that now and I really think she'd be a fantastic mother."

Does Paul find out about Lucy's plan?
    "He does! Paul thinks Lucy is joking and it's ridiculous! He thinks it's stupid as Chris is half Lucy's age, and he suggests that she should find a man in New York.

"But in the end Lucy convinces Paul to listen to her, as this is really important to her. It's what she wants and she hopes Paul will support her in this, because she's going to do it either way. So Paul comes round in the end."

What is James Mason like to work with?
    "He's lovely! He's a really nice person and very professional, so working with James was great. I'm not on the show all the time, so coming in and out can sometimes be hard because I'm not there working with the characters all the time.

"But James was great with running lines and we got all of our stuff done really quickly because we'd worked on it. It was good to have somebody who was so committed to the characters and the storyline, so we could make it work and make it the best it could be."

Does Lucy get on well with Daniel?
    "Really well. Daniel looks up to his aunty Lucy, which is nice! Tim Phillipps is another lovely person to work with, as he's really committed too. I had a lot of work with him and he was great at wanting to get the lines down and making sure it was the best it could be.

"Neighbours is a very fast-paced show and there's not a lot of time. What's nice is that if actors have a bit of spare time, they will take the time to rehearse their scenes - and that's great because you don't always get that opportunity."

Were you glad to interact with some different cast members this time around?
    "Yes, and what I really liked this time round was that Lucy had her own storyline. Every other time she's turned up, she's been listening to other people and being a support to everyone else. This time, she's got her own issues and own emotions to deal with, and she's not in control of them. We see a side to Lucy that we haven't seen before, which is really interesting for me because you're seeing more of the character.

"I think that's been the response from the fans, too - they're saying, 'We want to know more about Lucy's personal life'. They want to know what her story is, so it's good that they're starting to explore that and listening to what the people want to see!"

How long are you back for? Will you be doing some more filming anytime soon?
    "This time again, it's short. They've got to start listening to what the fans want! I come back for a minute and then I'm gone! (Laughs.) I will be coming back again, but not until October."

Lots of the fans have said they do want Lucy back permanently. Do you know if the producers are considering it?
    "I don't know, but I would love that. Even on my Twitter people are going, 'Are you coming back full time?' That's what they want to see, so I'm hoping that message gets through to them somehow that this is what the people want!

"It gets a little bit frustrating for me because it's a little bit, then nothing, then a little bit again. It would be good if they could make more of it - that's the feedback I'm getting."

How do you feel about Neighbours turning 30 next year? After being part of the 20th anniversary, would you like to be part of the 30th?
    "It's Australian history and it's brilliant. I think it's absolutely amazing and it's important to me because I've been on the show when I was a lot younger, and then again over the years.

"I'd definitely like to be part of the 30th anniversary. I really hope they do make that happen, and who knows, Lucy could be back with her own child - that would be fun!"

Thread Information