Thread: Bond 24

Bond 24

Sam Mendes, the director of Skyfall - the most successful Bond film of all time - has officially confirmed to Empire that he will not be behind the camera for Bond 24, having declined an offer from Bond producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli.

The Oscar-winning Brit explained "It has been a very difficult decision not to accept Michael and Barbara’s very generous offer to direct the next Bond movie", Mendes said, explaining "but I have theatre and other commitments, including productions of Charlie And The Chocolate Factory and King Lear, that need my complete focus over the next year and beyond".

Daniel Craig is set to return as 007 for the fourth time in Bond 24 which is scheduled for a 2014 release, so a year off pursuing theatre projects would firmly rule Mendes out of the running. A script for the next Bond film is currently being penned by Skyfall co-writer John Logan who is contracted to write the next two Bond outings.

Director Sam Mendes is understood to be in talks to make the next James Bond film after initially turning the offer down.

After making Skyfall, the most successful Bond film to date, Mendes said he wanted to concentrate on his theatre work, including productions of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and King Lear.

However, sources close to the Oscar-winning filmmaker said that a plan that would see work on the next Bond film delayed so Mendes could finish his commitment to stage productions had been put forward.

He is now understood to be in talks with producers.

Following the success of Skyfall, which grossed over £100 million at the UK Box Office and earned Adele an Oscar for best original song, producer Barbara Broccoli said she was determined to tempt Mendes back.

Ajay Chowdhury, from the James Bond International Fan Club, said fans would rejoice if Mendes did return.

He said: "Other directors have also been mentioned including Christopher Nolan and Ang Lee which suggest another high calibre entry to the Rolls-Royce of film franchises.

"Whoever is chosen, Bond fans have every reason to keep faith with Albert R Broccoli's Eon Productions.

News that a new Bond is on its way sooner rather than later is like hearing the perfect purr of an Aston Martin engine."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 29-05-2013 at 17:35.

i think i might try for a bond girl role

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i think i might try for a bond girl role
    me too

spectre is too long not the best bond film

ah I was looking forward to it.. it is not out in Germany until the 15th.. is it really that bad or is it just because Skyfall was amazing that it is bad in comparsion to that?
    Super Mod

ah I was looking forward to it.. it is not out in Germany until the 15th.. is it really that bad or is it just because Skyfall was amazing that it is bad in comparsion to that?
    Super Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    watlz is a letdown as villain plus film is too long

Quote Originally Posted by Siobhan View Post
    watlz is a letdown as villain plus film is too long

Thread Information