Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Corrie Spoilers 18th - 20th March 2013

Coronation Street star Jimmi Harkishin has said that Dev knows Sunita doesn't love him.

Viewers will see Dev tell Sunita (Shobna Gulati) that their relationship is over tonight. Dev makes the decision following a conversation with Stella (Michelle Collins) last week in which she revealed Sunita would never love him.

© ITV
    Sunita tells Dev how she regrets cheating on him

Speaking to the Radio Times, Harkishin said: "The problem is that he's already promised Sunita that he'll sell the shop and the house and that they'll move with the kids elsewhere to start a new life where nobody knows them.

"But when Stella questions his decision, he puts the ultimate question to Sunita: he asks her if she really loves him."

He continued: "There is great sadness when he asks her that question. Dev's not stupid, but Stella's asked him a question that he already knew needed to be asked, but it's sometimes easier for other people to be frank about it. If he doesn't ask now, it will be asked a few years down the line, when the fog of love has cleared.

"He wants to know the truth, beyond how much he adores her and how much of a wonderful mother she is and beyond him understanding why she did what she did with Karl. He just wants to know whether she loves him, but she can't say that she does."

However, Harkishin revealed that Dev doesn't actually intend on ending their relationship.

"When he says it's over, I think what he means is that the idea of them selling up, starting somewhere else and living happily ever after is over," he explained.

© ITV
    Sunita in the Rovers Fire

"He's not doing that anymore because now he knows it's not real. He realises that they'll leave the Street, uproot the kids miles from home and yet she's still not going to love him, so what's the point?

"What he's saying is that he'll carry on, he'll still love her, but he can't give everything up for her. If she doesn't love him, he can't leave and go and live with her because it hurts and he'll constantly be looking over his shoulder wondering what's going on."

Sunita will soon find herself trapped in the Rovers Return fire which breaks out tonight.

Speaking of filming the explosive storyline, Harkishin said: "I can't think of it as being as big as it actually is – it's really overwhelming! I just have to knuckle down and give it my best. It's a massive privilege because the writing is so fantastic.

"Filming has been hard though – we've been doing day and night shoots. So it's been difficult and certainly the hardest thing I've done."

Coronation Street airs these scenes tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-03-2013), Glen1 (18-03-2013)

Corrie star John Michie has admitted that the soap's dramatic fire storyline was tough to film.

The actor's alter ego Karl Munro will be among the characters left trapped in the flames when a blaze rages through the Rovers Return in this week's episodes.

Karl races into the burning building to save ex-partner Stella Price (Michelle Collins) when he realises that she is inside.

Cast and crew filmed the interior scenes for the fire at a replica of the Rovers Return, which was built in a warehouse.

Speaking on BBC Breakfast today (March 18), Michie teased: "It's an exciting time. There's five eps on this week and the whole five stuck together is like a little film - or a big film, I should say!"

He continued: "When there's one big story, all of the other stories tend to link to it in some way. There's quite a bit of excitement on the Street!

"[We were] shooting at night and the whole set's been recreated at a warehouse, and we travelled there. It's a different work situation and it's fun."

However, asked whether the fire scenes were "hot, emotional and nasty" to film, Michie replied: "It was all those things! Everyone's so organised with health and safety. Real SFX did the fire, and they did Doctor Who. They know what they're doing, but it is still quite scary when you're quite close to those flames.

"It's the smoke as well. I think the crew suffered more than us because they're there all the time - at least we're whisked out at the end of every scene to change a costume or whatever! But the crew are there all the time. A week in there was enough!"

Coronation Street kicks off the fire storyline tonight at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Dev Alahan will be left devastated when he and his children bury their mum Sunita thinking she is responsible for the Rovers Return fire.

Digital Spy reported earlier that Sunita will be wrongly accused of arson after she dies on screen early next month.

Last night (March 18), viewers saw Karl Munro (John Michie) commit arson at the pub in a desperate bid to split up Stella Price and Jason Grimshaw.

Sunita will be put in the frame after the pub's spare set of keys are found in her handbag, leaving her children believing she committed the crime.

Dev will be left even more devastated when Asha and Aadi refuse to dress nicely for their mothers' funeral because they believe she is a bad person.

Tomorrow's episode (March 20) sees Sunita rescued from the blaze and rushed to hospital, where she is fighting for her life with on-off partner Dev keeping a vigil at her bedside.

Coronation Street continues on Wednesday (March 20) at 7.30pm on ITV.

Corrie star Jimmi Harkishin has revealed that he has never played heartbreak before now.

The Dev Alahan actor explained that his latest storyline, which will see Sunita die as a result of injuries from the fire, is a new challenge for him.

"I'm really enjoying playing things that, as an actor, I've never really played before. I've not really played heartbreak before," he told the Radio Times.

He continued: "You would never wish this story on anyone in real life but it's given me a chance to explore different emotions.

"The script has been beautifully written. I hope I do justice to the writing."

Harkishin also revealed that he will miss working with his on-screen wife Shobna Gulati (Sunita).

"We've worked together for so long. She's been my wife and mother to my children on screen for a very long time. I'll miss her."

Coronation Street continues on Wednesday (March 20) at 7.30pm on ITV.

Corrie's fire drama reaches a dramatic climax this evening (March 20) with a final explosion at the Rovers Return.

Earlier this week, viewers saw scheming Karl Munro commit arson at the pub in his latest desperate attempt to split up Stella Price and Jason Grimshaw.

Tonight's episode sees Paul Kershaw, Toni Griffiths and their firefighter colleagues launch a rescue mission on the cobbles as Karl, Stella and Sunita Alahan are all inside and in dire need of help.

However, the disaster soon claims its first victim as one character is still inside the building when the explosion rocks the pub…

© ITV
    Firefighters struggle to calm the blaze

Coronation Street airs tonight at 7.30pm on ITV.
    Last edited by Perdita; 20-03-2013 at 06:19.

Thread Information