Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finn O'Connor

Keith Rice has said that he would like to see his character Finn O'Connor receive professional help after he gets his comeuppance.

Finn is currently at the centre of a long-running storyline as he is still trying to cover his tracks after raping his teacher John Paul McQueen in January.

While Finn has so far managed to avoid punishment for his crime, Rice told Unreality TV: "Finn is going to get his comeuppance, and that is one of the things that we absolutely stress."

On where the story could go afterwards, he continued: "If what he did was to come out and he ends up going to a youth offenders or something like that, I would love to see him explored in a way that delves into why he is like the way he is.

"I would love to film scenes with Finn and a psychiatrist trying to explore what goes on in Finn's mind, and touch on what goes on in a teenager's mind in general. I would love to see someone professional trying to get through to Finn to see if there was any sort of hope left for him."

Rice added: "But of course above all I want John Paul to get justice, and Finn to get his comeuppance, but it would be great for the storyline to carry on from there."

Viewers have seen John Paul's life crumble in the aftermath of Finn's attack, culminating in him being arrested and charged for punching Robbie Roscoe (Charlie Wernham).

Last week, Robbie tried to clear the schoolteacher's name but was thwarted when Finn stayed one step ahead, which led to John Paul (James Sutton) receiving a six-month jail sentence.

Hollyoaks rapist Finn O'Connor will strike again later this summer, turning his attentions to another teacher at the college.

The student, played by Keith Rice, has already raped teacher John Paul McQueen (James Sutton), after a long-running homophobic bullying campaign at Hollyoaks High.

Finn is now set to attack Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox) in a shocking new plot, by violently punching her to the ground on her way home from Hollyoaks High.

Thankfully, Finn is disturbed during the assault and fails to rape Nancy, although the teacher struggles to come to terms with the attack.

The incident is also sure to bring back bad memories of Jake Dean, who tried to rape Nancy in 2008.

Unfortunately, Nancy did not see her attacker but a spokesperson told the Daily Star: "Viewers can rest assured that the net is closing in on Finn O'Connor and he will not escape justice."

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (14-07-2014), tammyy2j (19-07-2014)

Just seen the six weeks of summer trailer. Justice at last...

Meanwhile, Finn O'Connor's future remains uncertain in Hollyoaks, as his trial for raping John Paul McQueen begins.

After initially deciding to pull out of the trial, everyone is relieved when John Paul (James Sutton) turns up at court, determined to see justice served.

As John Paul takes to the stand to give evidence, the stress becomes too much for Ste and he calls his dealer. When Myra sees him coming out of the toilets, she is furious and tells him to stay away from her son.

Nancy is cross examined by Finn's solicitor, while Robbie is also questioned, but when it is Finn's turn to take to the stand, he convincingly plays the part of the victim.

Finn stands trial.
    © Lime Pictures
    Finn stands trial.

John Paul takes to the stand.
    © Lime Pictures
    John Paul takes to the stand.

John Paul is questioned.
    © Lime Pictures
    John Paul is questioned.

Before it is Diane's turn to be questioned, Sinead urges her to realise that everyone else can see Finn is guilty apart from her, leaving Diane to ponder over whether she is doing the right thing.

As they wait to hear the outcome of the trial, Ste reassures John Paul that no matter what happens, they will make Finn pay.

Later, Diane tells Sinead and Tony that the jury has reached a verdict, but will Finn be found guilty?

Tony and Sinead attend the trial.
    © Lime Pictures
    Tony and Sinead attend the trial.

John Paul is supported by his family.
    © Lime Pictures
    John Paul is supported by his family.

Finn waits to hear his fate.
    © Lime Pictures
    Finn waits to hear his fate.

Hollyoaks airs these scenes next week on Channel 4.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (22-09-2014)

no mention of blessing

He's probably going to get off, doesn't feel like its the end of him tbh. I want his story to be done but it doesn't feel like its ending despite him being in court.

Quote Originally Posted by xx_Dan_xx View Post
    He's probably going to get off, doesn't feel like its the end of him tbh. I want his story to be done but it doesn't feel like its ending despite him being in court.
    Diane gives him a false alibi but she may change her mind, I think she knows he is guilty

Hollyoaks actor Keith Rice has left the show after 18 months in the role of Finn O'Connor.

Finn's final scenes aired in Thursday's E4 first look episode as he was found guilty of raping John Paul McQueen (James Sutton) and attempting to rape Nancy Osborne (Jessica Fox).

While Finn's trial had appeared to be going his way for most of this week, the turning point came when his stepmum Diane (Alex Fletcher) turned against him while giving evidence in court.

After finally realising that Finn's version of events didn't ring true, Diane retracted the false alibi she had given him for the night of Nancy's attack. She also told the court that she didn't believe his recent false allegations against John Paul.

Rice filmed his final Hollyoaks scenes a few weeks ago as Finn and John Paul's male rape storyline has now reached its conclusion.

Speaking to Digital Spy today, the actor said: "My time working on Hollyoaks has been nothing short of fantastic. I would like to say thanks to Bryan Kirkwood for giving me the chance to play such a challenging and fascinating character, and the storyline between John Paul and Finn has been a privilege to be involved with.

"I knew when I was told about the storyline that it was going to mean an exit for Finn, but after researching and speaking to real people who have been affected by the issues we would be addressing, an exit didn't matter to me in order to do it justice. What mattered was telling a story to make people aware and hopefully helping as many people as we can. I hope we have and continue to achieve that."

He added: "I have had a great time working with the cast and production team and I have to say a massive thank you to Alex Fletcher, Nick Pickard, Stephanie Davis and Charlie Wernham for taking me in and looking after me right from the beginning.

"But I wouldn't be where I am right now without James Sutton. Not only is he an incredible actor but he is the same off screen and has become a friend for life. I have learnt an awful lot from him and throughout my time at Hollyoaks he has been an idol for me. The time, effort and hard work he puts into his discipline is something I admire and I will take a lot from James forward into my own career."

Rice joined the cast of Hollyoaks in early 2013 after show bosses decided to bring Finn back to the village. Connor Wilkinson had previously played the role for a year from September 2010.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-10-2014), tammyy2j (02-10-2014)

finally justice served

Hollyoaks star Keith Rice is making a short return to the show in his role as Finn O'Connor, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

The actor will arrive back on set next week for a handful of scenes, which will further explore Finn's male rape storyline with John Paul McQueen.

While Finn is not being released back into the village, his new storyline will see him appear in more scenes with John Paul.

Having had a tough time since he was locked up, Finn appears to have a new perspective on his crimes. This leads to John Paul paying him a visit.

The subsequent scenes will help to bring closure to John Paul following his ordeal, which was a long-running storyline this year.

Rice made his on-screen departure from Hollyoaks in early October, when Finn was found guilty of raping John Paul and attempting to rape Nancy Osborne.

Digital Spy understands that Hollyoaks bosses always intended to revisit the storyline, which has been credited for helping to raise awareness of male rape.

Rice and co-star James Sutton, who plays John Paul, both worked with expert advisors on the plot and also backed a public campaign to 'Break the Silence' around the sexual abuse and rape of males.

Hollyoaks will air Finn's return scenes early next year.

Thread Information