Keith Rice has said that he would like to see his character Finn O'Connor receive professional help after he gets his comeuppance.

Finn is currently at the centre of a long-running storyline as he is still trying to cover his tracks after raping his teacher John Paul McQueen in January.

While Finn has so far managed to avoid punishment for his crime, Rice told Unreality TV: "Finn is going to get his comeuppance, and that is one of the things that we absolutely stress."

On where the story could go afterwards, he continued: "If what he did was to come out and he ends up going to a youth offenders or something like that, I would love to see him explored in a way that delves into why he is like the way he is.

"I would love to film scenes with Finn and a psychiatrist trying to explore what goes on in Finn's mind, and touch on what goes on in a teenager's mind in general. I would love to see someone professional trying to get through to Finn to see if there was any sort of hope left for him."

Rice added: "But of course above all I want John Paul to get justice, and Finn to get his comeuppance, but it would be great for the storyline to carry on from there."

Viewers have seen John Paul's life crumble in the aftermath of Finn's attack, culminating in him being arrested and charged for punching Robbie Roscoe (Charlie Wernham).

Last week, Robbie tried to clear the schoolteacher's name but was thwarted when Finn stayed one step ahead, which led to John Paul (James Sutton) receiving a six-month jail sentence.