Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinead Tinker

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    After Ches found out about Katy and Ryan seeing each other
    I know they were friends but did they start a proper relationship, Ches seem to have her around only to make Katy jealous

Coronation Street's Sinead Tinker will become a key ally for Cilla Battersby-Brown when the troublemaker returns to Weatherfield this week.

With Cilla (Wendi Peters) secretly struggling after being diagnosed with osteoporosis, Sinead is the first person to notice that all is not well with her. Sinead then tries her best to build bridges between Cilla and the rest of her family, who are all suspicious over her reasons for returning.

Here, Katie McGlynn - who plays Sinead - reveals how her character struggles with the pressure of keeping Cilla's secret.

What are Sinead's first impressions of Cilla?
    "I think at first Sinead is slightly wary and doesn't know what to expect. She's obviously heard a lot of bad stuff about her from Chesney. But when she does meet her and spends some time with her, Sinead's got a feeling that all is not as it seems with Cilla and that there's something more to her visit.

"Sinead knows something is wrong with her, but Chesney and Fiz just think she's there because she's after something, so Sinead feels a bit sorry for her."

How aware is Sinead of Cilla's past behaviour?
    "She is a bit wary because of everything she's heard. Chesney has told her that Cilla abandoned him as a child and that she was never there for him, but Sinead always sees the good in people and she's a very forgiving person as well.

"When Sinead eventually finds out what's really going on with Cilla, she realises she was right and that Cilla's not sniffing around for something like Chesney thinks she is."

Does Sinead try to talk Chesney round into giving Cilla a chance this time?
    "Chesney is really angry towards his mum and he hasn't forgiven her for what did she to him and Fiz. Ches gets a bit angry with Sinead for defending Cilla and trying to get him to talk to her. Sinead tries to say to him that at the end of the day Cilla's still his mum, but Chesney isn't having any of it. He's very distant towards her."

How's Fiz's behaviour towards Cilla?
    "At first she's distant towards her like Chesney is and gives Cilla short shrift, but once they find out what's wrong with Cilla down the line, Fiz is a lot more forthcoming and willing to make amends."

When does Sinead first realise that something is not right with Cilla?
    "Well, when Cilla turns up she's got her arm in a cast and gives them a silly excuse and makes out like it was nothing, but she keeps wincing in pain with it when she thinks nobody is looking. Sinead picks up on it quite quickly. Then one day, Sinead has to run back to the house to grab one of Joseph's toys and she walks in on Cilla in a lot of pain. That's when she really knows something is not right."

What happens when Sinead confronts Cilla?
    "Sinead sits her down straight away and confronts her by asking her what's really going on. At first Cilla tries to put a brave face on and tries to brush it off, but Cilla knows that Sinead only has good intentions, so eventually she opens up and tells her everything. She confides in Sinead a lot and she begs her not to tell Chesney and Fiz."

Why is Cilla keeping her illness a secret from her family?
    "Cilla thinks they won't believe her if she tells them, and I do genuinely think she feels remorse for how she used to behave. Cilla doesn't want their pity because she thinks she doesn't deserve it. I think she just wants to spend some time with her family to make up for lost time."

How does Sinead feel when Cilla decides to leave Weatherfield?
    "That's the point when Sinead realises she has to tell Chesney the truth. She keeps imagining Cilla going home alone and being in pain with nobody around her to help and having been rejected by her family. She can't bear the thought of it.

"When Cilla leaves, Sinead feels compelled to tell them because they're being so cold and distant towards Cilla and she wants them to know what's really going on. She can't keep it to herself - she knows she has to tell them."

How do they react?
    "Ches doesn't believe her at first, but then Fiz and Tyrone think Sinead is right and that Cilla is telling the truth. They start to feel really guilty and they realise they have to try and find her and bring her back."

Is there any part of Sinead that thinks Cilla could be lying?
    "Maybe a little at first. When she first meets Cilla, she tries to take her with a pinch of salt, especially because Chesney is adamant that he wants nothing to do with her. But when Cilla confides in her, Sinead just knows she's telling the truth."

What has it been like for you working with Wendi?
    "It's been brilliant! Wendi is so lovely and it's great to work with her. I've learnt so much from her."

Do you predict trouble between Cilla and Beth?
    "I do, yes! The two characters are just too strong not to clash! I hope they do, it'll be hilarious. They are both similar in the way that they like to be the centre of attention, so I'm sure there'll be some sparks flying!"

What would you like to see happen next for Chesney and Sinead?
    "I'd like to see more of the ins and outs of their relationship. We see them interacting a lot with their extended family but not so much of the day to day of them personally, so it'd be great to see how their relationship progresses from day to day."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

swmc66 (21-10-2014)

will she a fast recovery like sophie and peter

I think it will be a slow recovery

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    let's hope it is

Quote Originally Posted by swmc66 View Post
    let's hope it is

Are we to expect a storyline of a crush or affair for her with Tyrone, I certainly hope not

9. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Perdita (21-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Are we to expect a storyline of a crush or affair for her with Tyrone, I certainly hope not
    was there a hint tonight in the bistro of this, ches wants marriage but does she

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    was there a hint tonight in the bistro of this, ches wants marriage but does she

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    I haven't personally noticed any hints of Sinead having a thing for Tyrone, but her disinterest in marriage might be the beginning of the end of her and Chesney (so clearing the way for him and Gemma).

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

parkerman (13-12-2016), Perdita (13-12-2016), tammyy2j (13-12-2016)

Thread Information