Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sinead Tinker

Exclamation Sinead Tinker

Corrie bosses have announced that Waterloo Road star Katie McGlynn is joining the soap.

The actress has landed the role of Sinead Tinker, who is the niece of outspoken Underworld worker Beth (Lisa George).

© BBC / Shed Productions (WR)
    Katie McGlynn in Waterloo Road

Sinead is a possible love interest for young dad Chesney Brown (Sam Aston) as she quickly catches his eye when she arrives in Weatherfield this spring.

With Chesney's girlfriend Katy Armstrong embarking on a fling with Ryan Connor in the coming weeks, the appearance of Sinead could give the market trader something to smile about again.

A statement on the soap's official website teased: "As Katy struggles to resist the temptation of smooth talking Ryan, Chesney faces a heartbreaking few months. Will new girl Sinead be his light at the end of the tunnel?"

McGlynn is best known for playing Scout on BBC One's Waterloo Road.

Scout is still on screen in the popular drama, but will be leaving in episode 20 of the current series.

Coronation Street continues tonight (February 22) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Brucie (27-02-2013), Dazzle (23-02-2013), lizann (22-02-2013)

Fair play to her, I think she's quite a good actress. Will be interesting to see her in corrie. Brilliant casting as well.

so chesney and katy break up

Coronation Street newcomer Sinead Tinker arrives back on screen this evening (May 22) and arranges a date with Chesney Brown.

Sinead is clearly interested in Chesney (Sam Aston) after their previous meeting, but with the market trader keen to shed his Mr Nice Guy image to keep girls interested, will his blasé attitude put off his new love interest?

We recently chatted to former Waterloo Road actress Katie McGlynn, who plays Sinead, to hear about her storyline and her experience on the cobbles so far.

How are you finding your time at Corrie?
    "I'm really enjoying it and everyone is really nice. I'm still a bit nervous because it's a whole new place, but everyone has been welcoming and there's a good vibe at work."

How did the part come about?
    "I went to one audition for this part and I really wasn't expecting to get it, as I hadn't auditioned for Corrie or ITV before. I just thought that I'd go to the audition and see what happened.

"Literally a couple of days later, I found out that I'd got the role. Then it was the weekend and I started on the Monday, so it was all very quick! I was thrown straight into it, so it was overwhelming but really good at the same time."

When you left Waterloo Road, did you expect to find a new acting role so quickly?
    "Not at all! When I left Waterloo Road I was actually thinking of other careers, as I wasn't sure what I'd do if I didn't get any auditions. I did a panto but after that, I decided that I needed a back-up plan. But then this audition for Corrie came along and it was just brilliant to get the role. I'm really lucky."

Why did you leave your role as Waterloo Road's Scout?
    "The producers decided to write Scout out, I think because I'd been in the show for two and a half years. Scout was growing up and there wasn't much else they could have done with her. I think it was the right time to leave, but I left with a good storyline which I really enjoyed."

What was your first day on set at Corrie like?
    "I was very nervous, but everyone was lovely and it went okay. Sam Aston who plays Chesney is really friendly, and so is Georgia May Foote who plays Katy. I'm getting along with both of them. Also, Lisa George - who plays my aunty Beth - is absolutely brilliant."

What kind of a reaction have you seen to Sinead so far?
    "I'm really pleased, as people have been saying that she's a good character and a good match for Chesney. Some people have also been asking, 'What is Scout doing on Coronation Street?!' which is quite funny!

"I think that's to be expected, as the kids who watch Waterloo Road are very dedicated to the show and as soon as they see one of the cast on a different programme, they're very surprised."

What can we expect when Sinead reappears on our screens?
    "You'll see more of Sinead's character start to come out and more developments with Chesney. I imagine that Beth has set Sinead up with lots of bad'uns in the past, and Chesney is probably the first guy who she's found to be normal and nice.

"He's a breath of fresh air in Sinead's eyes, so she's going to go along with it and hope for the best. I also think the two characters are very similar, so they get on well."

There's a bit of a bump in the road when Chesney tries to shed his Mr Nice Guy image and starts behaving differently. How does Sinead react?
    "At first, Sinead is just confused about what Chesney is trying to do. But because she's such a nice character, she just goes along with it. At one point, though, Chesney wants to take Sinead home with him to prove a point to Katy, and I think she's a bit offended and a bit shocked by that. We'll have to see how things go on as the episodes air!"

Do you think the viewers will support Chesney's new romance, or will they want to see him back with Katy?
    "I'm really not sure! Because of what Katy did to Chesney, I think a lot of the viewers are still angry with her. It could go either way. Because Sinead is a nice girl who's come on the scene and is a perfect match for Chesney, I'm hoping that the viewers will be on Sinead's side.

"At the same time, because Chesney and Katy have such a strong history and Chesney still has feelings for her, people might want to see those two reunite. They've also got Joseph together, so it could go either way."

How would Sinead cope with the family baggage that comes with Chesney?
    "I really think she'd cope fine with that. Because Sinead is such a nice person, she does get along with children. She can also see that Chesney is a nice guy, but life hasn't handed him a good deal. Chesney being a dad really doesn't bother her."

How have your Waterloo Road friends reacted to your move to Corrie?
    "They're all really pleased and happy for me. Everyone knows that it's an ideal job for me, because I'm from Rochdale so it's not far at all for me to come into work.

"I'm actually still in touch with quite a lot of the Waterloo Road cast. I'm really close to Becky Craven who plays Rhiannon, Shane O'Meara who plays Connor, and a few of the older ones as well. I'm very close to Melanie Hill and Heather Peace. Also, Laurie Brett is brilliant - she really took me under her wing when the show moved up to Scotland."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street newcomer Sinead Tinker arrives back on screen this evening (May 22) and arranges a date with Chesney Brown.

Sinead is clearly interested in Chesney (Sam Aston) after their previous meeting, but with the market trader keen to shed his Mr Nice Guy image to keep girls interested, will his blasé attitude put off his new love interest?

We recently chatted to former Waterloo Road actress Katie McGlynn, who plays Sinead, to hear about her storyline and her experience on the cobbles so far.

How are you finding your time at Corrie?
    "I'm really enjoying it and everyone is really nice. I'm still a bit nervous because it's a whole new place, but everyone has been welcoming and there's a good vibe at work."

How did the part come about?
    "I went to one audition for this part and I really wasn't expecting to get it, as I hadn't auditioned for Corrie or ITV before. I just thought that I'd go to the audition and see what happened.

"Literally a couple of days later, I found out that I'd got the role. Then it was the weekend and I started on the Monday, so it was all very quick! I was thrown straight into it, so it was overwhelming but really good at the same time."

When you left Waterloo Road, did you expect to find a new acting role so quickly?
    "Not at all! When I left Waterloo Road I was actually thinking of other careers, as I wasn't sure what I'd do if I didn't get any auditions. I did a panto but after that, I decided that I needed a back-up plan. But then this audition for Corrie came along and it was just brilliant to get the role. I'm really lucky."

Why did you leave your role as Waterloo Road's Scout?
    "The producers decided to write Scout out, I think because I'd been in the show for two and a half years. Scout was growing up and there wasn't much else they could have done with her. I think it was the right time to leave, but I left with a good storyline which I really enjoyed."

What was your first day on set at Corrie like?
    "I was very nervous, but everyone was lovely and it went okay. Sam Aston who plays Chesney is really friendly, and so is Georgia May Foote who plays Katy. I'm getting along with both of them. Also, Lisa George - who plays my aunty Beth - is absolutely brilliant."

What kind of a reaction have you seen to Sinead so far?
    "I'm really pleased, as people have been saying that she's a good character and a good match for Chesney. Some people have also been asking, 'What is Scout doing on Coronation Street?!' which is quite funny!

"I think that's to be expected, as the kids who watch Waterloo Road are very dedicated to the show and as soon as they see one of the cast on a different programme, they're very surprised."

What can we expect when Sinead reappears on our screens?
    "You'll see more of Sinead's character start to come out and more developments with Chesney. I imagine that Beth has set Sinead up with lots of bad'uns in the past, and Chesney is probably the first guy who she's found to be normal and nice.

"He's a breath of fresh air in Sinead's eyes, so she's going to go along with it and hope for the best. I also think the two characters are very similar, so they get on well."

There's a bit of a bump in the road when Chesney tries to shed his Mr Nice Guy image and starts behaving differently. How does Sinead react?
    "At first, Sinead is just confused about what Chesney is trying to do. But because she's such a nice character, she just goes along with it. At one point, though, Chesney wants to take Sinead home with him to prove a point to Katy, and I think she's a bit offended and a bit shocked by that. We'll have to see how things go on as the episodes air!"

Do you think the viewers will support Chesney's new romance, or will they want to see him back with Katy?
    "I'm really not sure! Because of what Katy did to Chesney, I think a lot of the viewers are still angry with her. It could go either way. Because Sinead is a nice girl who's come on the scene and is a perfect match for Chesney, I'm hoping that the viewers will be on Sinead's side.

"At the same time, because Chesney and Katy have such a strong history and Chesney still has feelings for her, people might want to see those two reunite. They've also got Joseph together, so it could go either way."

How would Sinead cope with the family baggage that comes with Chesney?
    "I really think she'd cope fine with that. Because Sinead is such a nice person, she does get along with children. She can also see that Chesney is a nice guy, but life hasn't handed him a good deal. Chesney being a dad really doesn't bother her."

How have your Waterloo Road friends reacted to your move to Corrie?
    "They're all really pleased and happy for me. Everyone knows that it's an ideal job for me, because I'm from Rochdale so it's not far at all for me to come into work.

"I'm actually still in touch with quite a lot of the Waterloo Road cast. I'm really close to Becky Craven who plays Rhiannon, Shane O'Meara who plays Connor, and a few of the older ones as well. I'm very close to Melanie Hill and Heather Peace. Also, Laurie Brett is brilliant - she really took me under her wing when the show moved up to Scotland."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Coronation Street star Katie McGlynn has revealed that she has tried to make her character Sinead Tinker more confident.

Sinead arrived in Weatherfield a few months ago and has since caught the eye of newly single Chesney Brown.

McGlynn said to Inside Soap: "I enjoy playing Sinead. I think she's a sweet character, but she's also quite complex.

"She seemed to be just 'nice' when I auditioned, but now I've made her much more confident so she isn't just a plain, boring person."

Speaking about whether Sinead and Chesney (Sam Aston) could have a future as a couple, McGlynn said: "I think they'd be an honest and sweet couple.

"Both those characters really gel as they're quite alike, and because Sam and I have both got strong Northern accents, I reckon the two of them sparring with each other would be funny as well.

She continued: "If they stayed together a while, I think it would be believable, because those characters are so similar that, in real life, they'd just naturally stay with each other."

McGlynn also admitted that she would like Emmerdale and Strictly Come Dancing star Lisa Riley to be cast as Sinead's mum.

She said: "Off the top of my head, I'd have to say Lisa Riley for Sinead's mum. She played my mum in Waterloo Road and we worked so well together.

"She's such a brilliant actress to work with and I felt I learned a lot from her."

Coronation Street star Katie McGlynn has said that her character Sinead Tinker will cope when Chesney decides to leave her for Katy.

It was revealed earlier this week that Chesney (Sam Aston) will end his relationship with Sinead in order to reunite with his former girlfriend for the sake of their son Joseph.

McGlynn said to Inside Soap: "Sinead will be really upset because she really does like him. But she will try and act grown up and be happy for him. He'd just be trying to make a go of it for his family.

"She knows Katy is playing games and isn't happy about it. She says to Chesney, 'Don't mess me about - it's either me or her'.

"Sinead doesn't hate Katy and she does trust Chesney. But she is also very worried that his heart lies somewhere else."

As Chesney arranges another date with Sinead, he makes a deliberate display of affection towards her in front of Katy

However, McGlynn believes that there is a lot more in store for Sinead, even without her relationship with Chesney.

She said: "There are so many possibilities for what they can do with the Tinkers. The way that Sinead and Beth have been going on about them, they all sound crackers.

"I'd love Lisa Riley, who played my mum in Waterloo Road, to join. She's so good at both comedy and drama!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-08-2013)

When did Ches start a relationship with Sinead?

After Ches found out about Katy and Ryan seeing each other
    Last edited by Perdita; 19-08-2013 at 06:42.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 19-08-2013 at 18:34.

Thread Information