Neighbours bosses have cast Carla Bonner's real-life son Harley to play a new regular character on the soap.

Harley, 21, has landed the role of Brad Willis's teenage son Joshua and will appear on screen from the middle of the year.

Carla, better known as Ramsay Street favourite Steph Scully, confirmed the news on her Twitter page today (February 18).

She told her followers: "arghhhhh seems my news broke .. Yes my boy Harley has joined the cast!!!"

The 39-year-old added: "He's a hottie & I'm not being biased."

Meanwhile, The Saddle Club actress Ariel Kaplan has signed up to play Brad's teenage daughter.

Neighbours chiefs announced the return of Brad earlier this month as part of the show's drive to refocus on family units. Former Home and Away star Kip Gamblin is taking over the role of Brad.

As well as his two children, Brad will be arriving on Ramsay Street with his wife Terese, played by Rebekah Elmaloglou.

The Willises are expected to join screens in early June in Australia and three weeks later in the UK.

Carla, meanwhile, will be back on screen for a guest return as Steph in a few weeks' time.