Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Joshua Willis

Exclamation Joshua Willis

Neighbours bosses have cast Carla Bonner's real-life son Harley to play a new regular character on the soap.

Harley, 21, has landed the role of Brad Willis's teenage son Joshua and will appear on screen from the middle of the year.

Carla, better known as Ramsay Street favourite Steph Scully, confirmed the news on her Twitter page today (February 18).

She told her followers: "arghhhhh seems my news broke .. Yes my boy Harley has joined the cast!!!"

The 39-year-old added: "He's a hottie & I'm not being biased."

Meanwhile, The Saddle Club actress Ariel Kaplan has signed up to play Brad's teenage daughter.

Neighbours chiefs announced the return of Brad earlier this month as part of the show's drive to refocus on family units. Former Home and Away star Kip Gamblin is taking over the role of Brad.

As well as his two children, Brad will be arriving on Ramsay Street with his wife Terese, played by Rebekah Elmaloglou.

The Willises are expected to join screens in early June in Australia and three weeks later in the UK.

Carla, meanwhile, will be back on screen for a guest return as Steph in a few weeks' time.

She's got a 21 year old son. I would never have thought that as I thought she was only about 30 .

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    She's got a 21 year old son. I would never have thought that as I thought she was only about 30 .
    I was just thinking that!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Quote Originally Posted by Katy View Post
    I was just thinking that!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

she is 40 this year

Neighbours star Carla Bonner has said that her son Harley did not cheat his way into acting.

Bonner's real-life son Harley, 21, has been cast to play a new regular character on the soap.

Harley will play the role of Brad Willis's (Kip Gamblin) teenage son Joshua and will appear on screen from the middle of the year.

However, Bonner has insisted that her son has earned the Neighbours role himself.

Speaking to the Herald Sun, she said: "It's very exciting. I'm so proud. Harley wanted to be an actor at a young age. But I said he had to finish school first.''

"It's given him a sense of accomplishment, rather than cheating his way into the system.''

The Willises are expected to join screens in early June in Australia and three weeks later in the UK. Brad's wife will be played by Rebekah Elmaloglou.

Carla, meanwhile, will be back on screen for a guest return as Steph in a few weeks' time.

This is him

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (22-03-2013)

Harley Bonner has now been filming as Joshua for almost three months. The 22-year-old actor had a prior connection to Neighbours as his mum is Carla Bonner, better known as Steph Scully.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Harley to hear some early hints on what we can expect from Joshua and the Willises.

How did the role in Neighbours come about?
    "My agent called me and said there was a regular role coming up on Neighbours that he wanted me to audition for. And I admit, I was hesitant at first. As much as it was a fantastic opportunity, I was conscious of it looking like I was following in mum's footsteps, and I'll be honest, I would really prefer to be seen as my own person.

"Anyway, my agent, who was very aware of how I felt, convinced me that this was really worth pursuing. When I was shortlisted, I was super excited and then I was offered the role, so it was a relatively smooth process."

When did your interest in acting develop?
    "It's funny, I couldn't pinpoint when I actually decided I wanted to be an actor, and then I was looking back on my Grade 6 yearbook where each student had to say what their career ambition was, and mine said tennis player or actor so it was pretty early on.

"However, mum wouldn't let me get an agent or start working until I had finished Year 12. She was very firm on that - education comes first. So when I finished my final year at high school, I then enrolled at drama school full-time."

How has Carla reacted to your casting?
    "She is so excited, probably more excited than I am and I'm incredibly excited! She is a very proud mum, it's nice."

Did she give you much advice about life at Neighbours?
    "She said it was a great training ground, and if you make it work here, you can make it work anywhere because it is such a fast turnaround. You pump out so much in a short space of time, and there is so much to memorise.

"However, I always thought that was how you worked in this industry from watching mum when I came into the studio and ran lines with her at home, so it wasn't a complete surprise."

What was your first day on set like and were you nervous?
    "My first time on set was filming the opening titles, and this was the first time we had all been together in front of a camera. It was nerve wracking because here we were pretending to be a family unit, and we had just met!"

How would you describe the character of Joshua?
    "Joshua is 17 and he is a driven guy, he has his goals set and he's not going to let anything get in his way. He gets on really well with his parents - they have a great family unit which is pretty clear when they come on screen.

"We've clicked really well as actors as well as characters. It was funny when we first met, as the family dynamic of the Willises was quite similar to the way we were in person."

How well does Joshua get along with his twin sister Imogen?
    "The way it was written is we get along really well, but the scripts would say otherwise! We are always at each other, but we have a sort of love-hate relationship. It's never that intense that we hate each other, but Imogen really likes to niggle him and tell him how things should be done. And he ends up thinking, 'You're my sister and I love you, but at the same time you drive me nuts!'"

We've recently seen the Turners arrive as a family with a lot of secrets. Do the Willises have some secrets too?
    "We are part of the Turners' secret. The biggest front that the Willises portray is that 'we're the perfect family', and viewers will soon see there are cracks…"

Do Joshua and the Willises receive a warm welcome from the neighbours?
    "It's a very positive reception because when we rock up there is an incident that happens, and I can't give anything away, but they pitch in to help and it's a nice introduction."

A lot of Joshua's promo images are with Amber Turner. Could a romance develop between them?
    "Hmmm, there's not a lot I can say now but there is a bit of a connection, but I'm not sure where it will go!"

Aside from the family, which characters on the street has Joshua been interacting with the most?
    "More recently, Chris Pappas, Amber and Susan Kennedy."

We know that the Willises move onto the Street. Where will they be living?
    "Part of his mother's deal with working at Lassiter's is accommodation, so they take over one of the residences - however, I can't say which one yet!"

Former Home and Away stars Kip Gamblin and Rebekah Elmaloglou are playing your on-screen parents. Have they given you much advice about the soap world?
    "I think it's been a while since Kip and Bec worked on a show as fast-paced as this, so it hasn't so much been advice, but more working off each other as we discover more about the characters. They have been awesome 'parents'!"

Who have you made friends with on set?
    "Oh, everyone! I knew James [Mason] before starting here, we were gym buddies. And of course I already knew all the established cast from when mum was here."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 12-05-2013 at 22:20.

Neighbours regular Mason Turner faces an angry showdown with newcomer Josh Willis on UK screens next month.

Josh becomes aggressive when he discovers that his twin sister Imogen is in the early stages of a romance with Mason (Taylor Glockner).

With Imogen (Ariel Kaplan) still feeling ignored by her family, she tries to stir up some controversy by publicly kissing Mason in front of her mother Terese.

While Terese is far too busy to notice, Josh (Harley Bonner) does spot them and heads over in a fury to warn Mason off.

© Channel 5
    Imogen and Mason get to know each other.

© Channel 5
    Josh isn't happy with Imogen and Mason.

© Channel 5
    Imogen tries to calm Josh down.

Although Imogen remains defiant in the face of her brother's disapproval, she later comes to the realisation that Mason is still in love with Kate Ramsay (Ashleigh Brewer).

Deciding that she doesn't want to be second best, Imogen breaks up with Mason - leaving the door open for him to pursue Kate again.

Mason is initially unsure whether he wants to get back with Kate, fearing that he can never compare to her old flame Mark Brennan. However, when his boss Lucas Fitzgerald urges him to man up, Mason decides that it's time to make a go of things with Kate.

As Mason and Kate catch up, it's not long before they're sharing a kiss. Unfortunately, with Kate still feeling guilty over her one-night stand with Kyle, she soon leaves Mason baffled by pulling away. Will he ever get to the bottom of her mixed signals?

© Channel 5
    Kate and Mason talk things out.

© Channel 5
    Kate and Mason seem close to a reunion

© Channel 5
    Kate is confused about her feelings.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, July 9 and Thursday, July 11 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Thread Information