Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Willis family

Exclamation The Willis family

Neighbours bosses have announced that another new family will be joining the soap.

The Willis clan will descend on Ramsay Street in the middle of the year, with former Home and Away stars Kip Gamblin and Rebekah Elmaloglou taking on the roles of married couple Brad and Terese.

Brad and Terese will be joined in Erinsborough by their teenage son and daughter.

Today's news follows the recent decision to bring in the Turner family, headed up by Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren.

Neighbours' executive producer Richard Jasek commented: "We are moving our focus back to family units on Ramsay Street, and the dynamics this offers in terms of storylines is fantastic.

"As viewers will find out shortly, the Turners are a family of secrets, and the unique backstory of the Willis family is just as compelling."

Gamblin and Elmaloglou are known to soap fans for their respective roles as Summer Bay's Scott Hunter and Sophie Simpson.

Neighbours' new recruits will start filming in two weeks' time, debuting on screen in early June in Australia and three weeks later in the UK.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2013)

Brad Willis - dad

Terese Willis - mum

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (09-02-2013)

i thought brad married beth

He was but they must have divorced off screen. Maybe he'd been having another affair with Lauren which caused their divorce? We'll just have to wait and see

Is it the same Brad character?

It is supposed to be a new family .. must be different Brad

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

yeschef77 (13-02-2013)

No, It is the same Willis family, Brad is the son of Doug and Pam Willis and the brother of Cody and Gaby. They have recast the character of Brad, as he was originally played by Scott Michaelson.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-02-2013)

Neighbours boss Richard Jasek has revealed that he considered approaching original actor Scott Michaelson to play Brad Willis.

Kip Gamblin was recently announced to represent the character, who was played by Michaelson between 1991 and 1993.

Executive producer Jasek told TV Week: "We tossed around the idea of bringing Scott back, but he's not acting anymore.

"[He has] dropped out of acting altogether, so there was no point in reaching out.

"Brad, the character, has grown up and changed, so we're sure this recasting will be fine."

Gamblin, meanwhile, commented: "I've never met Scott. I don't know what happened to him.

"I don't know how Scott would feel chatting to me about his character, but I don't feel any pressure about taking over the role."

On the implications of him taking the part, the star added: "I'm sure there are going to be certain fans of the show who'll have an opinion about me as Brad, but that's out of my control."

Michaelson wasn't the first actor to play Brad - Benjamin Mitchell won the role in 1989 but only briefly, going on to play Brad's cousin Cameron Hudson.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (18-02-2013), tammyy2j (18-02-2013)

Neighbours bosses have today (February 19) released the first pictures showing the new Willis clan on Ramsay Street.

As announced in recent days, Brad Willis is returning to Erinsborough with former Home and Away actor Kip Gamblin taking over the role.

Meanwhile, Rebekah Elmaloglou - who played Summer Bay's Sophie Simpson - has landed the part of Brad's wife Terese.

© Channel 5
    Rebekah Elmaloglou and Kip Gamblin.

Harley Bonner, son of Steph Scully star Carla Bonner, has signed up as Brad and Terese's son Joshua, while The Saddle Club actress Ariel Kaplan has been confirmed for the role of Joshua's twin sister Imogen.

Asked whether he has learned anything from his mother Carla, Harley replied: "When Mum was on Neighbours she would run lines with me and I did pick up some tips from her then, so I'm glad I paid attention! But basically she wants me to find my own feet."

© Channel 5
    Ariel Kaplin and Harley Bonner.

Neighbours fans will see the Willises arrive on the street in the middle of the year.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-02-2013)

Neighbours have released two pictures offering a sneak peek at the new-look Number 22 set.

Paul Robinson's home has been given a makeover in time for the arrival of the Willis family, who will soon be moving in.

When Terese Willis takes over as the general manager of the Lassiter's hotel, her work deal includes nearby accommodation - which means taking over at Number 22.

© Twitter / @Neighbours
    Ramsay Street's new-look Number 22.

© Twitter / @Neighbours
    Ramsay Street's new-look Number 22.

The Willises have now made their first appearances on screen in Australia, while their arrival scenes air on Channel 5 in the UK next month.

Kip Gamblin has taken over the role of returning character Brad and Rebekah Elmaloglou plays Terese. Meanwhile, Harley Bonner and Ariel Kaplin portray the couple's twin children Joshua and Imogen.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (20-05-2013)

Thread Information