Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 8 - what a nightmare!

So I take it nobody has any experience of installing programs on this useless piece of software? Google isn't helping much either.

Does anybody know how difficult it is to remove Windows 8 and install 7? I'm not sure I can live with this OS much longer I haven't got any programs or files on it that would cause trouble removing before downgrading.
    Thanks CrazyLea

Your problem with running programs could be to do with compatibility. Instructions for running the Compatibility Wizard are detailed here:

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/ca/s...s-in-windows-8

I don't know anything about downgrading to Windows 7 sorry.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Abigail (07-02-2013)

Last edited by Dazzle; 07-02-2013 at 17:35.

Thanks Dazzle, I've not seen that possible solution. I'll give it a try later tonight. I would have thought Itunes 11 would be compatible and run automatically though. Vuze perhaps not
    Thanks CrazyLea

Why did windows mess around. Windows 8 is a disaster!!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Abigail (04-03-2013)

Microsoft have a habit of making every other release a disaster. XP fine; Vista rubbish; 7 fine; 8 rubbish. So the next release should be ok!

If it's not broken, why fix it? Although I will say that Windows 8 is a massive pile of rubbish that needs burning rather than fixing.

For some reason, when I'm on the internet, I'm always signed into messenger. I can't seem to sign out of it, so I have several people sending me messages when I don't really want to talk to them. There's no option to sign out! I can close the program but it still runs in the background. Tres annoying.
    Thanks CrazyLea

If it's not broken, why fix it? Although I will say that Windows 8 is a massive pile of rubbish that needs burning rather than fixing.

For some reason, when I'm on the internet, I'm always signed into messenger. I can't seem to sign out of it, so I have several people sending me messages when I don't really want to talk to them. There's no option to sign out! I can close the program but it still runs in the background. Tres annoying.
    Thanks CrazyLea

I just can't get my head around it t all. Like for instance I am really struggling just shutting the flipping thing off. How to you exit a browser? It's driving me crazy!!

Thread Information