Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobby Beale

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    some on social media are speculating he will kill again soon
    I hope he doesn't because I'd like the Bobby story to be a really long-running one of Jane and Ian trying to ignore, cover up and contain his ever more twisted behaviour (which is similar to the disturbing book/film "We need to talk about Kevin" that DTC's compared this story to). It could theoretically last until Bobby's an adult. (This could only happen if the secret stays hidden for years of course.)

If Jake Wood's year away is explained by Max being in prison, I was wondering if he could be on remand all that time and be released upon being found innocent in court? Or possibly new evidence coming to light? That could only happen in the unlikely event of Lauren and Peter not finding out though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I hope he doesn't because I'd like the Bobby story to be a really long-running one of Jane and Ian trying to ignore, cover up and contain his ever more twisted behaviour (which is similar to the disturbing book/film "We need to talk about Kevin" that DTC's compared this story to). It could theoretically last until Bobby's an adult. (This could only happen if the secret stays hidden for years of course.)

If Jake Wood's year away is explained by Max being in prison, I was wondering if he could be on remand all that time and be released upon being found innocent in court? Or possibly new evidence coming to light? That could only happen in the unlikely event of Lauren and Peter not finding out though.
    God I hope not. I hate stories that go on for that length of time. Drives me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    God I hope not. I hate stories that go on for that length of time. Drives me crazy!
    I think it could be one of EE's best ever stories if written well. The murder going unsolved is unfortunately all too realistic, and the Bobby story would only need to be touched upon occasionally. Seeing a young boy grow up into a full-on psychopath could be fascinating, and disturbing, viewing.

He'd have to pay in full eventually, as would Jane and Ian for protecting and inadvertently enabling him. As long as they didn't do a Dean and try and make him a sympathetic character once he'd crossed the line! (I'm not counting Lucy as he didn't intend to kill her - as far as we know!)
    Last edited by Dazzle; 30-07-2015 at 16:23.

The main problem with a long lasting storyline is how will they get out of convicting anyone of Lucy's murder? Mind you, the Walford police are so incompetent that it probably won't be difficult to find a way for them to mess up their case(s).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (30-07-2015)

Eventually cases get closed until new evidence comes to light, don't they? I guess that's what'll happen, albeit sooner than it would in real life.

Either that or Bobby will end up being brought to justice. I could see Ian crumbling to Kathy and her being so disgusted by what's gone on in her absence that she shops him/them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (30-07-2015)

Question

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    The main problem with a long lasting storyline is how will they get out of convicting anyone of Lucy's murder?...
    Why would they have to? Why not have someone sent down wrongfully for a couple of years or more... these things do happen in the real world after all...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to chartley101 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by chartley101 View Post
    Why would they have to? Why not have someone sent down wrongfully for a couple of years or more... these things do happen in the real world after all...
    Dean, perhaps. If his presence in Walford at the time was picked up, he might be in trouble. Janine had a similar experience re: prison where she got away with a crime she did commit (Barry) and served 18 months for one she didn't (Laura.) Sending Dean down would prevent viewers from being outraged that an innocent person was being punished instead of Bobby.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kim For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-07-2015), maidmarian (30-07-2015)

It depends who it is. If it's Max or Abi, surely Lauren would say something. There is no way she wouldn't find out. I'm also not sure that Ian, Cindy and Jane could bear to see someone else sent down for all their protestations about protecting Bobby. Dean would be poetic justice of course, but it seems very unlikely at the moment, though who can tell....
    Last edited by parkerman; 30-07-2015 at 19:25. Reason: typo

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-07-2015), maidmarian (30-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    It depends who it is. If it's Max or Abi, surely Lauren would say something. There is no way she wouldn't find out. I'm also not sure that Ian, Cindy and Jane could bear to see someone else sent down for all their protestations about protecting Bobby. Dean would be poetic justice of course, but it seems very unlikely at the moment, though who can tell....
    I wouldn't be too sure. The news said something about the Beales going down a dark path in times to come. Maybe they're gonna take their protection of Bobby too far.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to storyseeker1 For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (30-07-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by storyseeker1 View Post
    I wouldn't be too sure. The news said something about the Beales going down a dark path in times to come. Maybe they're gonna take their protection of Bobby too far.
    I feel very strongly that Ian and Jane need to stay just on the right side of sympathetic for this story to work. They have so far in my opinion, because their cover-up has been a desperate attempt to keep their beloved Bobby innocent (from their perspective anyway), which is why I understand their actions even while vehemently disagreeing with them. However, that'll quickly change if they allow someone innocent to go down for Lucy's murder. There'll be no way back from that for Ian and Jane.

Dean would work as a scapegoat, and I'd be more than happy to see him off the streets (and off my screen) and posing no danger to the women of Walford (although the truth about the rape still needs to come out for Linda's sake). Otherwise, Max needs to be released quickly or Jane confess to the murder (although I don't want her to leave). Leaving Max to rot in jail for a year (even if Ian and Jane are hoping he'll be found innocent at trial) will be going too far in my opinion.

That might be the point of course, as Storyseeker1 says above, but I won't enjoy the story as much if I can no longer sympathise with Jane and Ian's unenviable predicament.

Thread Information