Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Amber Turner

Amber Turner

Neighbours bosses have given new Turner family arrival Amber a secret.

Jenna Rosenow, who plays the only daughter of Matt and Lauren, will take her first steps on Ramsay Street next week on Australian screens.

© Channel 5

Rosenow teased to TV Week: "I guess she's just a regular 17-year-old. She's a little bit naive but she does have a secret no one knows about.

"She seems like the perfect good girl but she may not be."

However, Rosenow also revealed that Amber "absolutely" gets on with both her parents, adding: "The whole family's really tight-knit.

"Obviously, as any family does, they have issues which they come up against, but they're a very loving family."

Neighbours fans in the UK will see Amber arrive in the spring.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-01-2013)

Neighbours' UK fans were introduced to the Turner family this week as the long-running soap enters an exciting new era.

With mystery surrounding the Turners, the five-member clan will be central to storylines in the months ahead - and viewers can expect a number of revelations during their early weeks on screen.

We recently caught up with Jenna Rosenow, who plays Amber Turner, to hear her thoughts on joining Neighbours and what's to come.

How do you feel about joining a show as iconic as Neighbours?
    "Very excited! When I found out that I got the role, I was beyond stoked - it's almost hard to put into words."

What can you tell us about your previous acting experience? Is Neighbours a big break for you?
    "I have had other roles and previous acting experience, but I guess in a way Neighbours is a big break for me. It's my first regular role and I'm excited to see what I can do with the character of Amber Turner."

How easy has it been to settle in?
    "Surprisingly quite easy. It helped that I was coming into the show with four others, and having people like Josef Brown (Matt) and Kate Kendall (Lauren) as on-screen parents is amazing. I couldn't have wished for better people to be playing my parents! So that's definitely helped in the process of settling in."

© Channel 5
    Jenna Rosenow

Is there anyone in particular on set who you've made friends with?
    "The entire cast and crew have all been so great! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. It's always a bonus coming into a new job when everyone is so easy to get along with."

How do you describe the character of Amber?
    "When Amber first gets to Erinsborough, it's quite evident that she doesn't really want to be there, so for a while you only see one side of her - a disinterested, seemingly typical, moody teenage girl. But as she makes more of an effort, you get to see more sides of Amber.

"She is - just like the rest of her family - very family-orientated. The Turners are all fiercely protective of each other and loyal. She is a kind and caring girl who would do anything for her friends and family, but when it comes to boys, she's naive and a little bit shy.

"Amber means well with every decision she makes, even if it means doing the wrong things for what she thinks is the right reasons."

Will Amber settle in well?
    "Well, she really doesn't want to be in Erinsborough for a while after moving from Mt Isa, but the place is growing on her. What's not to love about Erinsborough, right?!"

In Amber's first couple of episodes, we've heard that her grades have been slipping at school. Why is that?
    "Amber has a boyfriend in Mt Isa that her family doesn't know about. He is Amber's first boyfriend and first love, so a lot of her attention and energy was being put into her relationship. This relationship was also an escape from some pretty big problems the Turner family was facing with her eldest brother Mason."

© Channel 5
    Jenna Rosenow

The Turners are a family of secrets! How involved is Amber in the intrigue and secrecy surrounding the family?
    "The Turners are most definitely a family of secrets - there is a lot going on with the family that all starts to unravel shortly after Mason's arrival in Ramsay Street. None of these secrets are straightforward, though. Some family members know more details than others, and some are completely in the dark about some of the secrets too… but not for long!"

Amber's secret boyfriend is called Robbo, and we'll meet him on screen within the next few weeks. Is he bad news?
    "He is one of Mason's mates and he is bad news! He is the bad boy of Mt Isa and that's what attracted Amber to him, the bad boy charm. He's very deceiving. To her face he's all charm and love, but he's the complete opposite behind her back."

After filming as Amber for a few months, have you been discovering new things about her?
    "I think in a show like this, you can constantly be learning new things about your character, because of the types of storylines that come up. The way you react to something - like in life - is not going to be known until it happens to you, so when something comes up in a storyline you need to look at the character's previous experiences to see how they will deal with it and how it fits with them. So I think you can always be surprised."

© Channel 5
    The Turner family

How do you think viewers will react to the Turners as they settle in? Do you feel any nerves?
    "It's always interesting to wonder how a new character will be received, especially in a show such as Neighbours where people already have their favourite characters. It's sometimes difficult for die-hard fans to accept the new characters!"

You've been on screen in Australia for a few weeks, so has there been much feedback on Twitter?
    "I've definitely been getting more followers and people tweeting to say they're liking Amber, which is great to hear."

Have you enjoyed welcoming the new Willis family cast members to the set in the past few weeks? Are you expecting the Turners and Willises to interact much?
    "Absolutely! They're such lovely people, and fun to work with! I guess you never know where the storylines are headed, but at the moment there is a fair bit of interaction happening between the Turners and the Willis family, so it'll be interesting to see if that continues!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

4. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-03-2013)

Neighbours' UK fans were introduced to the Turner family this week as the long-running soap enters an exciting new era.

With mystery surrounding the Turners, the five-member clan will be central to storylines in the months ahead - and viewers can expect a number of revelations during their early weeks on screen.

We recently caught up with Jenna Rosenow, who plays Amber Turner, to hear her thoughts on joining Neighbours and what's to come.

How do you feel about joining a show as iconic as Neighbours?
    "Very excited! When I found out that I got the role, I was beyond stoked - it's almost hard to put into words."

What can you tell us about your previous acting experience? Is Neighbours a big break for you?
    "I have had other roles and previous acting experience, but I guess in a way Neighbours is a big break for me. It's my first regular role and I'm excited to see what I can do with the character of Amber Turner."

How easy has it been to settle in?
    "Surprisingly quite easy. It helped that I was coming into the show with four others, and having people like Josef Brown (Matt) and Kate Kendall (Lauren) as on-screen parents is amazing. I couldn't have wished for better people to be playing my parents! So that's definitely helped in the process of settling in."

© Channel 5
    Jenna Rosenow

Is there anyone in particular on set who you've made friends with?
    "The entire cast and crew have all been so great! Everyone is so friendly and helpful. It's always a bonus coming into a new job when everyone is so easy to get along with."

How do you describe the character of Amber?
    "When Amber first gets to Erinsborough, it's quite evident that she doesn't really want to be there, so for a while you only see one side of her - a disinterested, seemingly typical, moody teenage girl. But as she makes more of an effort, you get to see more sides of Amber.

"She is - just like the rest of her family - very family-orientated. The Turners are all fiercely protective of each other and loyal. She is a kind and caring girl who would do anything for her friends and family, but when it comes to boys, she's naive and a little bit shy.

"Amber means well with every decision she makes, even if it means doing the wrong things for what she thinks is the right reasons."

Will Amber settle in well?
    "Well, she really doesn't want to be in Erinsborough for a while after moving from Mt Isa, but the place is growing on her. What's not to love about Erinsborough, right?!"

In Amber's first couple of episodes, we've heard that her grades have been slipping at school. Why is that?
    "Amber has a boyfriend in Mt Isa that her family doesn't know about. He is Amber's first boyfriend and first love, so a lot of her attention and energy was being put into her relationship. This relationship was also an escape from some pretty big problems the Turner family was facing with her eldest brother Mason."

© Channel 5
    Jenna Rosenow

The Turners are a family of secrets! How involved is Amber in the intrigue and secrecy surrounding the family?
    "The Turners are most definitely a family of secrets - there is a lot going on with the family that all starts to unravel shortly after Mason's arrival in Ramsay Street. None of these secrets are straightforward, though. Some family members know more details than others, and some are completely in the dark about some of the secrets too… but not for long!"

Amber's secret boyfriend is called Robbo, and we'll meet him on screen within the next few weeks. Is he bad news?
    "He is one of Mason's mates and he is bad news! He is the bad boy of Mt Isa and that's what attracted Amber to him, the bad boy charm. He's very deceiving. To her face he's all charm and love, but he's the complete opposite behind her back."

After filming as Amber for a few months, have you been discovering new things about her?
    "I think in a show like this, you can constantly be learning new things about your character, because of the types of storylines that come up. The way you react to something - like in life - is not going to be known until it happens to you, so when something comes up in a storyline you need to look at the character's previous experiences to see how they will deal with it and how it fits with them. So I think you can always be surprised."

© Channel 5
    The Turner family

How do you think viewers will react to the Turners as they settle in? Do you feel any nerves?
    "It's always interesting to wonder how a new character will be received, especially in a show such as Neighbours where people already have their favourite characters. It's sometimes difficult for die-hard fans to accept the new characters!"

You've been on screen in Australia for a few weeks, so has there been much feedback on Twitter?
    "I've definitely been getting more followers and people tweeting to say they're liking Amber, which is great to hear."

Have you enjoyed welcoming the new Willis family cast members to the set in the past few weeks? Are you expecting the Turners and Willises to interact much?
    "Absolutely! They're such lovely people, and fun to work with! I guess you never know where the storylines are headed, but at the moment there is a fair bit of interaction happening between the Turners and the Willis family, so it'll be interesting to see if that continues!"
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Neighbours teen Amber Turner grows increasingly infatuated with newcomer Josh Willis on UK screens next week.

Amber, played by Jenna Rosenow, starts following Josh to the local Olympic pool just to get a glimpse of him doing his swimming training.

It's clear that Amber likes what she sees, but she tries her best to remain discreet as she doesn't want Josh (Harley Bonner) to know that she's watching him.

© Channel 5
    Josh trains at the local pool

© Channel 5
    Amber watches Josh from afar

© Channel 5
    Amber tries to remain discreet.

© Channel 5
    Josh fails to see Amber

Amber is successful for a while, but later accidentally lets slip to Josh that she saw him training and has to come up with an excuse for why she was at the pool!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (28-06-2013)

Also ahead on Neighbours, Amber Turner is heading for heartbreak just days after getting together with Josh Willis.

Amber (Jenna Rosenow) is delighted when Josh finally becomes her boyfriend, but Josh's swimming coach Don later throws a spanner in the works by opposing their relationship.

Don reckons that Josh won't be able to focus fully on his career if he has a girlfriend and urges him to make a choice between swimming and his love life.

Not wanting to give up on either, Josh decides to keep seeing Amber in secret. However, when Don notices that he's still spending time with Amber, Josh extends the lie even further by claiming that she's stalking him after their 'break-up'.

Amber is oblivious to Josh's deception until she pays a visit to the pool and bumps into Don, who angrily rebukes her over her supposed harassment. Realising that he's been lying to her, will a devastated Amber end her relationship with Josh?

Josh's coach warns Amber to leave Josh alone.
    © Channel 5
    Josh's coach warns Amber to leave Josh alone.

Amber is shocked by Don's warning.
    © Channel 5
    Amber is shocked by Don's warning.

Amber is disheartened.
    © Channel 5
    Amber is disheartened.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Friday, July 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (13-07-2013)

'Neighbours' Jenna Rosenow interview: 'Amber will be heartbroken'

Neighbours fans can expect more romance dramas for Amber Turner in the next few weeks as her on-off relationship with Josh Willis continues to have its fair share of challenges.

Earlier this week, Digital Spy gave Jenna Rosenow - who plays Amber - a call to chat about her current storylines, life at Neighbours and what's to come.

It's now been a year since it was announced that you were joining Neighbours. How would you sum up the past 12 months?
    "It's been pretty amazing. It definitely doesn't feel like a year has passed already. It's gone so quickly but it's been such a good year."

Are you pleased with how viewers are responding to Amber and the Turners?
    "Definitely. I think it's taken a little while, as people always have their favourites so when new people come in, they're always a little hesitant to accept them as part of the show. But I think people have now started to warm up to the Turners and accept them as part of Ramsay Street."

Is Amber easy for you to relate to?
    "There's definitely some similarities between us, but there's also a lot of differences. Amber is younger than me and it was difficult to put myself in that mindset at first, because when I started filming she was 16. But then shortly afterwards, the Willis family came in and I started having a lot of scenes with Ariel Kaplan who plays Imogen. It was great to have another person playing a 16-year-old girl, as it really helped both of us to get back into that 'teenage stage'!

"Amber is a really good role to play and I think she's someone who a lot of young girls will be able to look at and relate to."
    A lot of your storylines are revolving around the Amber and Josh pairing. Do you think they make a good couple?
    "I do! I think that they're going to be that typical Neighbours teen relationship, where they'll be on and off for a long while. At the moment it's quite early on in their relationship so we'll have to see how it goes…"

It's been revealed that Josh will soon be sharing a surprise kiss with a journalist called Ruby. What can you tell us about that storyline?
    "As Amber and Josh are always on again/off again, they go through a little fight where it seems like they have broken up, but they haven't necessarily split for good. Ruby, the journalist, then kisses Josh while interviewing him.

"Josh gets back with Amber that same day and they sleep together for the first time, but he doesn't tell her what happened. She soon finds out, though, and is pretty heartbroken about it. There's a big confrontation as Amber is not happy about it at all!"

It soon hits home that Josh will be getting a lot more female attention if his swimming career takes off. Is that something Amber could deal with?
    "I think Amber initially freaks out about that, but after a while she tries to deal with it. She decides that she doesn't want to be a psycho girlfriend about it!"

From the hints and teasers we keep hearing, it feels like there could still be some big secrets at the heart of the Turner and Willis families. Are there some revelations to come?
    "There could possibly be some things to come out! We have been led to believe there might be future family conflicts, but the producers are keeping it all under wraps at the moment.

"For Amber herself, there's a fair bit coming up with her and Josh. There's also a lot coming up for Amber as an individual as she's showing that she's growing, maturing and becoming an adult."

When you had the 'Who Killed Robbo?' storyline, did you ever think or hope that the culprit could be Amber?
    "I did! When we were first told about the storyline, the producers didn't let us know who the killer was. That's pretty rare, but there are storylines which come up every once in a while where they try to keep things under wraps for as long as possible.

"There were a good few months where we had no idea who had killed Robbo, so everyone was going through all of the clues in their minds and wondering whether their character could have done it. I think it would have been a really great storyline to be in the position of the killer, but as we know now, it wasn't Amber!"

What's it like to have Tom Oliver (Lou) as an on-screen grandfather?
    "He's a lot of fun to work with. He doesn't take himself too seriously and he likes to have a bit of a muck around, but he's also very wise and very experienced so he's someone we can learn a lot from. Tom has a lot of interesting stories.

"It's the same with Colette Mann who plays Sheila - she's a mentor for me and I feel like I can take a lot from her. She's got a lot of experience to share."

How has Neighbours changed things for you? Is it life-changing?
    "I'd say it's definitely life-changing. It's something that I've worked towards and when it finally happened, it was obviously very exciting. Working on a show such as Neighbours, there are people who have been there right from the beginning - both cast and crew. There's so much to learn from them, so it's a really good working environment to be in and I'm very lucky that I've had the chance to experience that."

Neighbours' Amber Turner has some big decisions to make next month as she continues to grow closer to Daniel Robinson.

Viewers know that Amber (Jenna Rosenow) is currently in a relationship with Josh Willis (Harley Bonner), but Daniel's recent arrival has left her confused about her feelings.

As Amber struggles with lying to Josh about spending time with Daniel, the pair agree to keep their distance from each other, although it is clear they are both devastated by the prospect.

When Amber eventually gets a text from Daniel asking him to meet her, she immediately decides to go and see him, abandoning her plans to support Josh and Imogen while they take their driving tests.

Unable to hide it any longer, Daniel and Amber both admit they have feelings for each other and come close to kissing, unaware that Sheila has witnessed their obvious closeness.

Daniel and Amber grow closer
    © Channel 5
    Daniel and Amber grow closer

Daniel and Amber are on the brink of kissing
    © Channel 5
    Daniel and Amber are on the brink of kissing

Daniel and Amber stop themselves from kissing
    © Channel 5
    Daniel and Amber stop themselves from kissing

Concerned by what she has seen, Sheila later tells Josh that he shouldn't take Amber for granted, but unbeknown to Josh, Amber has already made a decision about their relationship.

She later tells Daniel that she is going to break up with Josh in order to be with him, but will she really go through with it?

Neighbours airs these scenes on Thursday, July 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

I hope she does break up with Josh, all they do is bicker! Really liking her with Daniel, they'd be a lovely couple.
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-07-2014), kayuqtuq (06-07-2014)

They do brake up and she does end up with Daniel. Josh snaps them in the dark room.

I think Amber works so much better with the lovely Daniel. She and Josh together are a charisma-free zone unfortunately.

Thread Information