Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eurovision Song Contest 2013

Eurovision Song Contest 2013

The theme art has been unveiled for the 2013 Eurovision Song Contest.

Developed by Malmo's host broadcaster STV, the message for this year's competition is 'We are one'.

"This year's theme reflects that timeless feeling millions of people will experience in May this year, when Europe comes together to celebrate its diversity," said Jon Ola Sand, executive supervisor of the Eurovision Song Contest on behalf of the EBU (European Broadcasting Union).

"The unprecedented eye for detail that this theme art reflects opens up countless possibilities for three of the best live entertainment shows Europe will see this year."

The idea, design and concept for this year's Eurovision Song Contest was created by Happy F & B and Forsman & Bodenfors.

Former X Factor and current Celebrity Big Brother contestant Rylan Clark has said that he would "happily" represent the UK in next year's Eurovision Song Contest.

Last year's UK representative Engelbert Humperdinck finished in second-last place with just 12 points.

Earlier this week, Cascada unveiled the song 'Glorious', with which they hope to represent Germany at this year's contest.

Bonnie Tyler will represent the UK at this year's Eurovision Song Contest, the BBC has confirmed.

The singer - best known for her power ballad 'Total Eclipse of the Heart' and 'Holding Out for a Hero' from the original Footloose movie - will perform a new track named 'Believe In Me' from her forthcoming album Rocks and Honey at the annual competition in Sweden.

Tyler - who follows in the footsteps of last year's entrant Engelbert Humperdinck - said in a statement: "I am truly honoured and delighted to be able to represent my country at Eurovision, and especially with such a fabulous song.

"I promise to give this everything that I've got for the UK!"

Katie Taylor, BBC controller of entertainment and events, added: "Bonnie Tyler is truly a global superstar with a fantastic voice, and we are delighted she will be flying the flag for the UK in Malmö."

'Believe In Me' was written by Desmond Child, Lauren Christy and Christopher Braide, and is produced by David Huff.

A unnamed Eurovision expert told The Mirror: "She should be one of our strongest contestants in many years - her live vocal ability is tried and tested.

"Bonnie could easily finish in the top 10 with this power ballad. She has decades of experience so should be able to pull this off with aplomb."

The 58th annual Eurovision Song Contest will take place in Malmö between May 14 and 18. Tyler will release Rocks and Honey on May 6.
    Last edited by Perdita; 07-03-2013 at 12:23.

I like this, she will do better with this than Engelbert did last year

Ireland's entry no Jedward this year

It doesn't matter who represents the UK we're going to get hammered by the other countries.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Ireland's is very Europop.

I don't know why I still even watch the Eurovision, I just end up getting sucked in.

Ireland's is very Europop.

I don't know why I still even watch the Eurovision, I just end up getting sucked in.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

JustJodi (19-05-2013), Siobhan (11-03-2013), tammyy2j (18-05-2013)

Well I'm watching anyone else

Yes

And me!!

Think bonnies lost her voice!

I liked Estonia Malta and Ireland

Thread Information