Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zac MacGuire

Zac MacGuire

Charlie Clausen plays Zac.

Charlie Clausen was born in Melbourne. As the youngest of nine children, Charlie learnt the gift of the gab at a very young age.

"I didn’t dream of being an actor when I was a kid, but I was the youngest in a large family that would have these deep discussions around the dinner table. If you wanted to be heard, you had to learn how to speak up. The main thing I wanted to do was tell stories. I would write and short films and sketches and I guess acting became a by-product of that."

Charlie got his first big break on the ABC drama Head Start. He then scored a recurring role on McLeod’s Daughters, was a regular on the short-lived comedy series Big Bite, before landing the lead role of Alex Kirby on Blue Heelers, staying with the show until the series in finale.

In 2012, Charlie joined the cast of Home and Away, playing Zac MacGuire, a character that has a history with Natalie (Catherine Mack). Having spent the last few years behind the camera, Charlie is looking forward to the challenge of working on such a high profile series, while also balancing his numerous outside interests.

"I'm very excited to join the cast of Home and Away. I found out I got the role on my birthday and I couldn't think of a better gift. It's a fantastic opportunity for any actor and I've been made to feel really welcome by the cast, crew and production team. I'm looking forward to 2013 and beyond."

Home and Away bosses have announced the casting of actor Charlie Clausen as a face from Natalie Davison's past.

The 35-year-old has taken on the role of Zac Macguire, a prison education officer who will get to know Casey Braxton (Lincoln Younes) in an upcoming storyline.

Zac had a stint in jail when he was younger, but has since turned his life around and tries to help others do the same.

Natalie (Catherine Mack) asks Zac to keep an eye on Casey while he is in prison, still keen to help the Braxton teen.

However, with Zac now back in Natalie's life, viewers will also be left to wonder whether she will finally move on from the River Boys and her on-off love interest Brax (Steve Peacocke).

Clausen commented: "I'm very excited to join the cast of Home and Away. I found out I got the role on my birthday and I couldn't think of a better gift.

"It's a fantastic opportunity for any actor and I've been made to feel really welcome by the cast, crew and production team. I'm looking forward to 2013 and beyond."

Home and Away airs Zac's first scenes next week on Network Seven in Australia, and in February on Channel 5 in the UK.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (14-01-2013), tammyy2j (15-01-2013)

I like Natalie with Brax

Home and Away's Zac MacGuire will find himself in a difficult situation as an infatuated schoolgirl sets her sights on him in an upcoming storyline.

Summer Bay student Holly has developed a crush on the new teacher and she is not about to take no for an answer.

Zac (Charlie Clausen) isn't initially fazed by Holly's attempts to flirt with him, but things get more complicated as her flirting becomes more forward.

Clausen told TV Week: "He's not alarmed at first because it is teenage stuff. It is fairly innocent and harmless. It's that classic thing that she feels she is too mature for the other boys and Zac is a real man and she's more suited to him."

Holly's flirty behaviour hasn't gone unnoticed by Zac's girlfriend and fellow teacher Natalie Davison (Catherine Mack). Natalie tells Zac to nip it in the bud and make principal Bianca aware of it, to protect himself down the track.

However, Zac is already feeling insecure about the teaching job and doesn't want to be seen as not being able to handle a teenage girl so he decides against telling Bianca.

Later on, Holly becomes more forward in her advances, forcing Zac to tell her bluntly that he is not interested.

Clausen said: "He tries to be subtle but he can't ignore it. He tells her, 'I know what you are doing, it's inappropriate'.

"He first reaction is embarrassment but she is clearly delusional because her interest in Zac is bordering on manic. She's convinced they are meant to be together.

"It just gets more complicated for Zac. Since he has come to Summer Bay, we thought that he could handle any situation, but this one he may have misjudged."

Home and Away's Zac MacGuire's will face his toughest dilemma yet when troubled schoolgirl Holly threatens to jump off a cliff.

Viewers will know that Holly has an obsessive crush on Zac which has caused him no end of trouble at the school.

Holly (Sacha Vivian-Riding) calls Zac (Charlie Clausen) from the edge of a cliff and threatens to jump off unless he says he loves her.

Clausen said to TV Week: "Zac knows that Holly is in an extremely fragile mental state. He has to tread very carefully. It's like trying to defuse a bomb - at any moment it could turn into tragedy.

"Prior to this, Holly has shown she will go to extreme lengths to get his attention. He can't afford to treat it lightly. One wrong word or gesture could send her over the edge, so he's under pressure.

"In the short term, telling Holly he loves her might very well help. But Zac knows in the long run, it could really do more harm than good."

So anyone see a spark with him and Bianca?

Ahh I hated todays home and away. Poor Heath I hope they dont break up I love heath and bianca together. Zac and Bianca better not get together we only just got rid of the dweed Liam now Zac ahah. I will stop watching home and away if they split up bet they will
    Last edited by xloolx; 25-07-2013 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by xloolx View Post
    Ahh I hated todays home and away. Poor Heath I hope they dont break up I love heath and bianca together. Zac and Bianca better not get together we only just got rid of the dweed Liam now Zac ahah. I will stop watching home and away if they split up bet they will
    kill of bianca put heath with sally

Quote Originally Posted by xloolx View Post
    kill of bianca put heath with sally

Yeah I would like it if Heath and Sally were together. My 2 fav home and away characters off all time

Thread Information