Thread: Angie Rebechhi

Exclamation Angie Rebechhi

Lesley Baker will return for a guest appearance on Neighbours as Angie Rebecchi, it has been confirmed.

The actress, who joined the soap in 1995 as a regular character and has continued to appear periodically since departing in 1996, will return to Ramsay Street for the birth of son Toadie's child.

Neighbours executive producer Richard Jasek told Eleven's soap site: "Angie is one of those wonderful characters without even being conscious of it, causes strife from the moment she steps through the door and it's always lovely to have Lesley come visit us again."

Baker's previous guest appearances include Toadie's weddings to Dee Bliss and Steph Scully, as well as the Neighbours 20th Anniversary specials.

Ryan Moloney, who has played Toadie for 18 years, is currently starring in Channel 5's Celebrity Big Brother.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2013), lyndapym (18-01-2013)

Haha, good. She was fun without being annoying. And well done for having her come for the baby's birth, vague realism in soaps shocker!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2013)

Neighbours returnee Angie Rebecchi will clash with future daughter-in-law Sonya Mitchell when she arrives back in Ramsay Street.

Angie will reappear on Australian screens next week after actress Lesley Baker recently filmed a guest stint in the role of Toadie's mum.

© Channel 5

Viewers will see that Angie is overjoyed to meet her new granddaughter Nell as she descends on Erinsborough, but when she starts to dish out parenting advice, it doesn't go down well with Sonya.

Baker told TV Week: "Straight away, Angie starts telling Sonya how to do things with the baby, with the best of intentions - she always means well!

"Angie thinks she's more than with it, actually. Of course, she's also so excited to meet her granddaughter."

Despite the on-screen tension, Baker added that her working relationship with Eve Morey - who plays Sonya - was much more pleasant.

She said: "Eve is just wonderful. She's great to work with and such a gorgeous girl. But every time Angie says or does something, she gets herself into trouble with Sonya. She only wants to help Sonya with the baby, but poor Sonya ends up beside herself."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Neighbours is welcoming back Angie Rebecchi for another guest stint as she returns to Ramsay Street to take care of her son Toadie.

Angie decides that Toadie (Ryan Moloney) needs her around after a shock accident on a bouncy castle leaves him paralysed.

It's far from a quiet return for Angie as she'll be causing problems for Sonya, Sheila and Kyle among others! Here, Lesley Baker - who plays the fiery character - reveals her thoughts on the storylines to come.

How does it feel to be back on the show again?
    "It's lovely. I love bringing Angie back and everything is so familiar - it's like a real family on set."

Is it easy to slip back into character when you return after a while away?
    "I'm probably not that far removed from Angie, that's the problem! She has been with me for 20 years so she is like an old friend."

What do you like most about playing her?
    "She is over the top but also very down to earth. Basically what you see is exactly what you get. She actually has a lot of common sense that comes through underneath all the bluster and she is just so warm-hearted."

Angie arrives back in town.
    © Channel 5
    Angie will hope to help her troubled family

We're going to see Angie push Sonya's buttons again when she returns! Would you say Angie dislikes Sonya?
    "I haven't really decided, but I don't think she dislikes Sonya because Angie would have just told her by now. But I think Angie feels Sonya is a little bit precious and perhaps overthinks things, whereas Angie barrels in and wants to get things done. There isn't a lot of consultation when it comes to Angie deciding to do something!"

Angie is sometimes described as a 'monster-in-law' - do you think that's fair?
    "If you look at the type of character Sonya is, yes definitely! Sonya is very subtle and doing everything this new age way, which is not Angie's thing so there is going to be some conflict. Although I think Sonya knows that underneath Angie is a good person but just so frustrating at times."

So Angie's intentions are good?
    "For sure. She would be doing everything to help and wants to look after everyone. That's her role as she sees it. However, she looks at issues in a very straightforward way which doesn't always go down well."

We'll also see that Angie seems to be in denial over Toadie's condition. Why is that?
    "Angie knows that things could be serious, but her way of tackling the situation is to find a way to fix it and not dwell on worst case scenarios - just barrel in as such. I have a disabled child myself and when things come up, you just have to get on and work it."

Toadie's brother Stonefish is also coming back for some episodes. Did you enjoy catching up with Anthony Engelmen, who plays him?
    "Oh gosh yes and I wish we could spend more time together. Anthony is just lovely. He and Ryan are just the loveliest people - my two boys. We have a lot of fun."

Angie picks up on Amy's feelings for Kyle. Do you think she is quite perceptive in that way?
    "I think she is a romantic and she obviously has a vested interest in Georgia as she's part of the family. She's also a people-watcher so she does pick up on things. She's the eyes and ears of the world, or so she thinks!"

Why do Angie and Sheila continue to clash?
    "I think they are similar types and someone has to be top dog of the older generation - and it's not going to be Sheila! There's a scene coming up where Sheila shoves Angie and that was great fun. Colette and I worked on Prisoner together so we know each other well and we did ham it up a bit. The crew got a good laugh out of it."

Are you still recognised by Neighbours fans?
    "Absolutely, it still happens often. My sister was out from England recently and she was amazed by the number of strangers that approached me. I remember when I was a regular on the show, I would have a lot of young ones coming up to me asking for advice because they had seen Toadie going through a similar thing."

Do you have a highlight from your history with the show?
    "Definitely when I had to do a love scene with Mick Anderson played by Mike Bishop. Neither of us had ever done a love scene and at my age at the time, it took me by surprise. Mike was the consummate professional and I was surprised that he was struggling to get the lines out in rehearsal and then he announced that he had never done a love scene before - it was the blind leading the blind! I told him, 'You start and I'll follow', it was the funniest thing!"

Neighbours airs Angie's return episode on Monday, August 31 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3j423w0he

Neighbours' Toadie Rebecchi will get a surprise later this month when his mother Angie turns up in Erinsborough.

Angie's arrival comes amid an extremely difficult time for Toadie and his wife Sonya after he was left paralysed following an accident on a bouncy castle.

Although Angie (Lesley Baker) arrives with the intention of looking after her son, it soon becomes clear that her presence could be more of a hindrance than a help.

With Toadie's future looking increasingly uncertain, Sonya (Eve Morey) gets some more bad news when she learns that because of a mishap with her credit card, his income protection insurance premiums have not been paid.

Toadie and Sonya get a surprise when Toadie's mum Angie shows up at the hospital
    © Channel 5
    Toadie and Sonya get a surprise visitor

As this means that Toadie will not be covered for time off work, he starts working from his hospital bed and lets Imogen Willis know he can no longer guarantee her job.

Later, Sonya and Toadie clash over his decision to return to work when he should be recovering, but they are stopped in their tracks when they receive a surprise visitor in the form of Toadie's mother.

Angie insists that she has arrived to look after her boy, but quickly makes her presence felt. Will Angie be able to offer the Rebecchis the support they need?

Angie's arrival proves difficult for Sonya
    © Channel 5
    Angie's arrival proves difficult for Sonya

Angie makes her presence felt, especially to an unhappy Sonya
    © Channel 5
    Angie makes her presence felt

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, August 31 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz3jVuZyKaP

Neighbours brings back Angie Rebecchi and she's NOT happy with Sonya
    Ramsay Street won't know what's hit it next week, as Toadie Rebecchi's outspoken mum Angie makes a dramatic return to Neighbours.
    Lesley Baker has reprised her role as Angie for another guest appearance, which will see her feisty character making her feelings known on Toadie and Sonya's marriage split.
    Angie can't resist heading to Erinsborough shortly after she's sent her eldest son Shane (Nicholas Coghlan) to find out how Toadie is coping after being dumped by Sonya.
    When Shane reports back on how he's witnessed a kiss between Sonya and Mark Brennan – causing all hell to break loose on the Street – Angie knows she has to get involved by defending her son.
    Toadie (Ryan Moloney) isn't too pleased when he finds out that Shane has been filling Angie in on every gory detail, but at least he can rely on his mum's loyal support as she urges him to stop letting Sonya walk all over him.
    Next on Angie's list is paying a visit to Sonya, reminding her that she's no angel herself and Toadie has always forgiven her for the many mistakes that she's made over the years.
    Later on, Angie reminds Toadie that divorcing Sonya could get very messy and he runs the risk of losing his daughter Nell forever if he doesn't start putting up a fight.
    When it comes down to it, will Toadie listen to his mum's advice, or will he take a softer approach with Sonya in the hope that she takes him back?
    Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, April 19 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

badirene (11-04-2017), maxwinchester (10-04-2017), MellBee (10-04-2017), Pantherboy (10-04-2017), TaintedLove (10-04-2017)

Thread Information