Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hayley hangs up her Red Anorak

Mary is waiting in the wings to be the next Mrs Cropper!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Choccie For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2013), owenlee4me (16-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    roy and hayley are one of corrie's great couples like jack and vera, stan and hilda etc sad to see her leave
    Yes, but even those couples were parted at some point. I think Roy has more to offer the soap.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (12-01-2013), parkerman (12-01-2013)

Speculation over Hayley Cropper's Coronation Street exit storyline has begun today (January 15) with rumours that she will be killed off.

A report in The Mirror claims that show bosses are considering a heartbreaking send-off for Hayley, which would see her pass away from terminal cancer.

However, Hayley fans may not have to reach for the tissues just yet, as a Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy this morning that the character's exit has yet to be decided.

The representative said: "No discussions have been had yet about Hayley's departure storyline. She is on screen till the end of this year and any reports are pure guesswork and speculation."

Julie Hesmondhalgh, who plays Hayley, last week announced her decision to leave Coronation Street to pursue new projects.

Speaking at the time, she explained: "I've had the most wonderful and happy time in the life-changing 15/16 years I've been in Corrie, and I owe so much to the show and the special team that make it happen."

Coronation Street continues on Wednesday (January 16) at 7.30pm on ITV.

Should Hayley have a tragic farewell or a happy ending? Share your thoughts

Killing off would be the only way to do it, can't see her leaving him for good. But just thought after the scene in the cafe, him and Mary will be flung together after Hayley goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Yes, but even those couples were parted at some point. I think Roy has more to offer the soap.
    i prefer them together myself and please no to mary being the next mrs cropper as much as i like her no way should that happen

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i prefer them together myself and please no to mary being the next mrs cropper as much as i like her no way should that happen
    I prefer them together too, but Hayley's going. I'd just rather have Roy stay than lose another great character.
    Last edited by Ruffed_lemur; 16-01-2013 at 19:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Speculation over Hayley Cropper's Coronation Street exit storyline has begun today (January 15) with rumours that she will be killed off.

A report in The Mirror claims that show bosses are considering a heartbreaking send-off for Hayley, which would see her pass away from terminal cancer.

However, Hayley fans may not have to reach for the tissues just yet, as a Coronation Street spokesperson told Digital Spy this morning that the character's exit has yet to be decided.

The representative said: "No discussions have been had yet about Hayley's departure storyline. She is on screen till the end of this year and any reports are pure guesswork and speculation."

Julie Hesmondhalgh, who plays Hayley, last week announced her decision to leave Coronation Street to pursue new projects.

Speaking at the time, she explained: "I've had the most wonderful and happy time in the life-changing 15/16 years I've been in Corrie, and I owe so much to the show and the special team that make it happen."

I think this is a strong possibility as the choice of Hayley's exit. She is in the street until the end of the year so maybe her death will be the Christmas special. Oh my poor Roy & Hayley.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

I think this is a strong possibility as the choice of Hayley's exit. She is in the street until the end of the year so maybe her death will be the Christmas special. Oh my poor Roy & Hayley.

Thanks to Vicky for my great new banner xxx
    "Maddest Member again How come I've been taking my meds"

I can't believe that she's been in it for 15 years!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

lizann (06-02-2013)

Coronation Street's Alan Halsall has admitted that he is "gutted" over Julie Hesmondhalgh's decision to leave the soap.

The Tyrone Dobbs actor said that Hesmondhalgh, who is leaving her role as Hayley Cropper after 15 years, is "loved" by Corrie's cast and crew.

"It felt like someone had punched me in the stomach when I found out," he told The Sun. "Julie will be missed by everyone - she's another Bill, she's loved."

However, he added positively that Hesmondhalgh has a bright future ahead in the theatre: "I'm excited for Julie because it's her choice but I'm gutted personally."

Meanwhile, Halsall confessed that his wife and former Corrie co-star Lucy-Jo Hudson has wept over his domestic abuse scenes with Natalie Gumede (Kirsty Soames).

"Lucy cries when she sees me get hit. I get home and she says, 'Are you alright?' She loves Corrie."

The star admitted that he has found the Tyrone and Kirsty storyline to be challenging: "It was hard because I've no point of reference.

"I read case studies and met a chap who suffered from domestic violence and he answered my questions and that helped."

Thread Information