Thread: PAC code to keep my mobile number

PAC code to keep my mobile number

Can anybody give me some advice about PAC code to keep my old mobile phone number? At the moment I'm on EE but I want to change to O2. Would I be able to keep my credit on my EE sim card as well? Thanks
    Carpe Diem ~ seize the day!

Quote Originally Posted by megan999 View Post
    Can anybody give me some advice about PAC code to keep my old mobile phone number? At the moment I'm on EE but I want to change to O2. Would I be able to keep my credit on my EE sim card as well? Thanks
    You need to contact your mobile carrier to get your PAC code. There may be a link on their website or you could call Customer Services.

I'm pretty sure that any credit on your sim card would be lost when you swap your mobile number to a new sim.

Can I recommend giffgaff? I''ve just changed to them - their prices are excellent.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

megan999 (01-01-2013)

As per what Dazzle says above. You definitely won't be able to transfer the credit

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Meh For This Useful Post:

megan999 (01-01-2013)

as far as I've heard its really difficult to get a Pac code out of any carrier but I personally haven't tried it . apparently they make you jump through some serious hoops in order to finally get it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to deadlydave For This Useful Post:

megan999 (01-01-2013)

Thanks for your advice, everyone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to megan999 For This Useful Post:

deadlydave (06-01-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by deadlydave View Post
    as far as I've heard its really difficult to get a Pac code out of any carrier but I personally haven't tried it . apparently they make you jump through some serious hoops in order to finally get it
    I decided to have a new number with my new sim card, after all, after hearing people's advice. Bit of a pain telling everyone my new mobile number though!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Last edited by megan999; 06-01-2013 at 12:19. Reason: double post

I recently had the misfortune of getting a PAC code from O2. I thought I'd avoid the standard retentions talk by requesting the code on the online chat - how wrong I was. Despite my telling them that the better deal I now had was the £12 giffgaff goodybag, a stripped down version of their offeing owned by them, they still made a comical attempt to try and keep me. I said that I wanted unlimited internet and they offered me a deal with no internet for £10.50, then they offered me something else for £16.50, the only thing that was the same was the minutes I think, with less internet and texts than I had on my existing deal; the internet allowance being my reason for leaving. This was after they made me jump through the hoop of requesting the code from a Desktop PC, after 15 minutes on the chat from my phone.

Now on GiffGaff and I believe I would only have to submit a form to get a PAC from them.
    Last edited by Kim; 04-05-2013 at 13:25.

-----
    Last edited by Kim; 04-05-2013 at 13:24. Reason: Double Post

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    Now on GiffGaff and I believe I would only have to submit a form to get a PAC from them.
    I've been with giffgaff for a while now - their prices are excellent and I've had no problems with them.

Thread Information