Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Metcalfe

Apparently Joe Duttine (Tim) and Sally Carman (Abi Franklin) are rumoured to be dating

I wish Tim would concentrate more in trying to free Sally, same with Sophie

Sally Metcalfe could be set for a Christmas miracle as her husband Tim is on the case this winter to try and expose con man Duncan’s lies and get her freed from prison in time for the Queen’s speech in Coronation Street. Viewers were horrified to see Sally locked up as Duncan continues to claim that they were having an affair and she was coercing him into defrauding the council. Sally protests her innocence and has lawyer pal Paula Martin on the case but Duncan is wily. As Sally’s trial approaches towards the end of the year, Tim knows that he needs to get to the truth – and time is limited. Actors Joe Duttine and Nicholas Gleaves, who play Tim and Duncan respectively, have been filming a fierce showdown. Tim headed to Duncan’s house to have it out with him – but does he have new evidence? Duncan wants rid of Tim but he isn’t going anywhere and a tussle breaks out on the doorstep before Tim lets himself in along with Gina Seddon, Sally’s sister. Whether or not Tim manages to expose the truth about Duncan remains to be seen but viewers are hopeful for a reunion for Sally and her family in time for the Christmas festivities. Duncan is smug as Tim tries to help Sally. Speaking about the Christmas storylines this year, Iain MacLeod, the show’s producer, enthused: ‘Well, the seeds of the stories for Christmas are planted in the big episodes in October, without giving too much away. I wanted it to be a Christmassy Christmas, obviously there’s a history in soap of trying to go and do the Angie and Den Christmas where it’s all acrimony and divorce papers and vitriol. Connie Hyde (Gina) also braved the rain ‘That’s not really my preference, when you sit down as you try and digest your stuffing balls and sprouts, you need it to be warm and light-hearted in places and you need it to reek of Christmas. ‘So, it’ll be a Christmassy Christmas, it’ll have some big, heartbreaking stories within that, it’ll have a big shock at the end and hopefully it’ll be a surprising pay off to those stories that you’ve just seen the inception of here.’

metro.co.uk

Only doing something after the guilt of an affair

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/cor...ly-confession/

Coronation Street star Joe Duttine has spoken about his shocking Christmas Day storyline for the first time.

The actor's character Tim Metcalfe will be taking centre stage in the show's hour-long festive episode this year, as he heads to the prison visiting room and tells his wife Sally that he's cheated on her.

Tim makes a devastating mistake just before Christmas, as he makes a move on his sister-in-law Gina Seddon (Connie Hyde) after a drunken festive party.

When Tim wakes up the next morning, he can't remember what happened – but his daughter Faye is quick to let him know that she spotted him in bed with Gina.

The cabbie massively regrets his actions and decides that honesty is the best policy, so he visits Sally on Christmas Day and comes clean.

Discussing the big festive storyline, Joe explained: "Tim is utterly devastated that he has done something like this. He can't believe it. There will be a lovely little scene with Faye where he breaks down about it.

"The thing about Sally and Tim is that they're monogamous – they love each other and are loyal to each other. They don't go off and have affairs – there are other things they can do with those characters. So he's utterly devastated to think that he has cheated on his wife, as mad as she is!"

Joe continued: "Sophie finds out what happened and she's really not happy with Tim – not happy at all.

"Tim then goes to see his wife in prison on Christmas Day, so you have to suspend belief a bit because I don't know if you can do that! But he can't keep a lie, so he just throws caution to the wind and goes to tell her on Christmas Day.

"I don't think Tim expects Sally to forgive him. It's pretty unforgivable, isn't it? I think Tim just feels that he owes Sally the truth. In reality, I don't know how a family would overcome a man sleeping with his wife's sister."

However, asked whether Tim really has gone all the way by sleeping with Gina, Joe teased: "We don't know..."

Fans can also expect a tense Christmas dinner for the Metcalfes, especially as Duncan Radfield has thrown another spanner in the works by telling Sophie that Gina is in love with Tim.

When Sophie brings this up during the family gathering, Gina has to come clean about her secret meetings with Duncan and the extent of her feelings for Tim.

Joe added: "It's a very eventful Christmas Day in the Metcalfe house, so I think it's going to be good viewing. It's not the happiest house on Christmas Day."

i bet tim is drunk and does not do the deed, passes out

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    i bet tim is drunk and does not do the deed, passes out
    I think so too but Gina will let him think that it happened....

Coronation Street is lining up a shocking twist in Sally Metcalfe's story as schemer Duncan Radfield is run over during a showdown with Tim.

Sally (Sally Dynevor) has been sent to prison after being found guilty at her fraud trial, but her husband Tim Metcalfe has vowed to get her home as soon as possible.

Having finally realised that Sally has been innocent all along, Tim is even more hellbent on getting her out of prison in the New Year – especially after learning that she's been beaten up by troublesome inmate Marcia.

Surprisingly, Gina is also doing the right thing by this point as well, as she begs Imran Habeeb to help her nail Duncan once and for all.

When Imran summons Duncan to his office, Gina breaks into his flat and desperately tries to find the evidence she needs.

As Gina continues to spy on Duncan, she makes an incriminating discovery when she follows him to a phone box – leaving both her and Tim confident that this will be enough to expose him.

However, Tim is left even more frustrated when the police inform him that this still isn't enough to exonerate Sally, explaining that they need an actual confession from Duncan to get her out of prison.

In a last-ditch attempt to get information on Duncan, Tim and Sophie decide to contact his daughter Olivia and soon learn that she could be the villain's weak spot.

Seeing how much Olivia's involvement has rattled Duncan, Tim decides to keep using this tactic to force a confession out of him.

However, when things turn violent, Duncan tries to flee but ends up getting hit by a car when Tim catches up and lunges at him. Has Tim just made Sally's situation worse?

Digital Spy

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-12-2018), parkerman (28-12-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post

However, Tim is left even more frustrated when the police inform him that this still isn't enough to exonerate Sally, explaining that they need an actual confession from Duncan to get her out of prison.
    Well, I gues we'll have to see exactly what the evidence is that Gina finds, but that is complete nonsense for the police to say that no matter what the evidence is only a confession will do......Oooops, sorry, I forgot, this is Weatherfield!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to parkerman For This Useful Post:

lizann (28-12-2018), Perdita (28-12-2018)

They need to be more responsible when its about the law.
    They may have put people off appealing!

Thread Information