Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Celebrity Big Brother 2013

Emma Willis is replacing Brian Dowling as the host of Big Brother.

Brian, 34, who won the reality TV show in 2001 and Ultimate Big Brother in 2010, has hosted the programme for two years, since it moved to Channel 5.

Emma, 37, who is married to former Busted star Matt, is the host of spin-off show Big Brother's Bit On The Side.

The presenter, who will also front Celebrity Big Brother, said: "I am thrilled to have been offered this job.

"I'm a fan first and foremost so to be able to front the show is going to be amazing. Roll on the summer!"

Channel 5 director of programmes Ben Frow said: "Emma is a natural on screen, she's made the spin-off show her own and now the time is totally right for her to step up.

"I know she'll take Big Brother to the next level and I can't wait to see her dealing with the housemates both famous and soon-to-be famous.

"I'd also like to thank Brian Dowling for doing such a sterling job over the last two years. He's been a big part of the success of the show and I wish him the very best."

Reports had previously suggested that Emma was in talks for the role, and that she was seen by channel chiefs as a true successor to Davina McCall.

Big Brother will return this summer.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 02-04-2013 at 21:02.

American rapper Big Boi and British singer Abs have both agreed to deals for Celebrity Big Brother 2013.

Big Boi, part of OutKast, has reportedly signed up in to take part in this month’s series for a whopping £300,000 fee from Channel 5 bosses.

It makes the MC, real name André Patton, one of the highest paid stars this year, with some other celebs getting ‘just’ £30,000 for their three week stint.

“Producers always like to mix things up with an American star and they hope Big Boi will do the business this year,” an insider told The Sun newspaper this morning.

TV chiefs have apparently agreed a deal with Abs from British boyband 5ive too, following their reunion earlier this year on ITV2 series The Big Reunion.

The nineties boy group recently went on tour alongside the likes of 911, Atomic Kitten, B*witched and Liberty X as part of the show.

Also tipped for the line up are football pundit Ron Atkinson, Loose Women star Carol McGiffin and model Sophie Anderton, alongside Geordie Charlotte.

CBB will start straight after the current series of Big Brother ends later this month.

Last edited by tammyy2j; 10-08-2013 at 00:45.

Celebrity Big Brother has revealed the lineup for its new series.

Louie Spence was the first housemate to enter. The dancer, who found fame on Pineapple Dance Studios, said that he loves causing controversy and people don't always like what he has to say.

Lauren Harries
    © Channel 5
    Lauren Harries

Joining him was former child prodigy Lauren Harries. She first found fame talking about antiques on TV with Terry Wogan. Having previously offered fashion advice on Big Brother's Bit on the Side, she promises to bring 'sex appeal' into the house.

Reality show regular and former wild child Sophie Anderton became the third to join. At the height of her career, she was earning £30,000 a week which led to a party lifestyle. Clean from drugs since 2009, she has become a self-confessed homebody and claims to be constantly cleaning.

Sophie Anderton
    © Channel 5
    Sophie Anderton

The trio were given a secret mission by Big Brother. After being called into the Diary Room, it was stated that they would be the founding members of a secret cult.

'The Cult of Celebrity' gave them power and influence over their housemates. They would be living secretly together in The Temple of Celebrity with the other contestants unaware of them for the first 24 hours. They had the choice to put up the first celebrity for eviction.

Soap couple Bruce Jones and Vicky Entwistle, who played Les and Janice Battersby on Coronation Street, both went in believing they were the first housemates to enter.

Courtney Stodden
    © Channel 5
    Courtney Stodden

Carol McGiffin
    © Channel 5
    Carol McGiffin

Courtney Stodden was next to go in. The US reality star is best known for marrying actor Doug Hutchison at 16 when he was 50.

Loose Women panellist Carol McGiffin is following the tradition set by her fellow co-stars Denise Welch and Coleen Nolan by entering the house. Engaged to toyboy Mark Cassidy, she started her broadcasting career in 1988 as co-host of Chris Evans's radio shows. She was married to Evans between 1991-1998.

Abz Love
    © Channel 5
    Abz

Dustin Diamond
    © Channel 5
    Dustin Diamond

Fresh from reuniting with most of 5ive for The Big Reunion, singer Abz also joined. After blowing a six-figure fortune on 'sex, drugs and rock n roll', Abz said: "I need a bit of money, I'm still pretty broke."

American actor Dustin Diamond, best known for playing Screech on Saved by the Bell, also entered. He played the role for 13 years before moving on to other projects including directing and releasing his own sex tape Screeched: Saved by the Smell and releasing albums.

Ron Atkinson
    © Channel 5
    Ron Atkinson

Charlotte Crosby
    © Channel 5
    Charlotte Crosby

Former football manager and pundit Ron Atkinson also joined the house. Claiming to be a 'big pussycat', he said he was looking forward to going into the 'unknown' having only ever watched 10 minutes of Big Brother.

Reality stars Charlotte Crosby from Geordie Shore and Mario Falcone from The Only Way is Essex were also added. Dublin Wives star and botox doctor Danielle Marr finished the lineup.

les and janice gone in together maybe corrie might try and get them back too

I hope they do make a brief return to Corrie at least. I've been wondering what they'd make of Leanne now being quite close to Stella. It's great to see Bruce and Vicky reunited on the screen. Hate Lauren for being the one that really wanted Vicky up for eviction; her reasoning was lousy and she kept saying stupid things like, "None of them will go."

Charlotte is really getting on my nerves!!

I want Bruce to win

Sophie didn't nominate Lauren - shocker.

Gutted that Bruce is getting so many nominations today.

This series must be a record for the amount of people wanting to get out of the house.

Thread Information