Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Beaumont

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post

Noooooooo! worst character and actress EVER!
    yes she is bad

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (20-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirjam View Post

Noooooooo! worst character and actress EVER!
    yes she is bad

One of Neighbours’ most scandalous home-wreckers Sarah Beaumont is returning to Ramsay Street.

Immortalised by Melbourne actress Nicola Charles, Sarah and the show’s resident medico Karl Kennedy steamed up the screen in 1997 with some serious pashing. When Karl’s wife Susan learnt about Karl’s philandering, he copped the infamous slap from Susan, now a classic moment in Neighbours’ history.

In the coming months, Sarah Beaumont returns once again under a cloud of suspicion and the question on everyone’s lips is whether she’s back to finally claim Karl for herself, or is there another agenda that will shock the folk of Ramsay Street?

“They say life imitates art, but for me art is imitating life. I’ve had some huge and sometimes terrifying mountains to climb in my personal life during the last 10 years. Now I’m using all those experiences to help Sarah climb hers,” said Nicola.

The English-born actress joined Neighbours as a regular cast member from 1996-1999 and has created her own chapter in the annals of Neighbours archives as one of its most controversial characters, making headlines every time she appears.

“Sarah Beaumont is a wonderful character that doesn’t need an introduction, viewers wait with bated breath for her next move and the latest installment will surprise everyone,” said Jason Herbison, executive producer of Neighbours. “It’s always a pleasure to welcome Nicola back to Ramsay Street.”

Nicola’s episodes commence screening from Tuesday 5th April.

Digital Spy

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (07-03-2016), Pantherboy (07-03-2016), Splashy (05-04-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    One of Neighbours’ most scandalous home-wreckers Sarah Beaumont is returning to Ramsay Street.

Immortalised by Melbourne actress Nicola Charles, Sarah and the show’s resident medico Karl Kennedy steamed up the screen in 1997 with some serious pashing. When Karl’s wife Susan learnt about Karl’s philandering, he copped the infamous slap from Susan, now a classic moment in Neighbours’ history.

In the coming months, Sarah Beaumont returns once again under a cloud of suspicion and the question on everyone’s lips is whether she’s back to finally claim Karl for herself, or is there another agenda that will shock the folk of Ramsay Street?

“They say life imitates art, but for me art is imitating life. I’ve had some huge and sometimes terrifying mountains to climb in my personal life during the last 10 years. Now I’m using all those experiences to help Sarah climb hers,” said Nicola.

The English-born actress joined Neighbours as a regular cast member from 1996-1999 and has created her own chapter in the annals of Neighbours archives as one of its most controversial characters, making headlines every time she appears.

“Sarah Beaumont is a wonderful character that doesn’t need an introduction, viewers wait with bated breath for her next move and the latest installment will surprise everyone,” said Jason Herbison, executive producer of Neighbours. “It’s always a pleasure to welcome Nicola back to Ramsay Street.”

Nicola’s episodes commence screening from Tuesday 5th April.

Digital Spy
    I hope the writers are not yet again breaking Karl and Susan up, if so it's getting a bit of a repeat of old stories!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-03-2016)

Alan Fletcher mentinoed they are not spliting Karl & Susan up.

I wonder why Sarah arrives first week in April and Angus doesn't arrive till May?

Angus was born years after Sarah left Ramsay Street so he can't be Karl's.

Quote Originally Posted by kmti234 View Post
    Alan Fletcher mentinoed they are not spliting Karl & Susan up.

I wonder why Sarah arrives first week in April and Angus doesn't arrive till May?

Angus was born years after Sarah left Ramsay Street so he can't be Karl's.
    kmti234 .. welcome to SB .. you seem familiar

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-03-2016), Mirjam (18-03-2016), ScorpioStar (21-03-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    kmti234 .. welcome to SB .. you seem familiar
    Looks like Gilly's back! Have seen the same posts on her Neighbours FB page 😐

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (19-03-2016), Perdita (19-03-2016), ScorpioStar (21-03-2016)

Here's a first look at Sarah ​Beaumont​'s return to Neighbours - and as these new pictures show, she's set to cause a host of problems for the Kennedys.

Nicola Charles has filmed another stint on the Australian soap as troublemaker Sarah and as predicted, Sarah –​ who is most famously known for her fling with Karl back in 1999 –​ will immediately cause problems in the doctor's now-solid marriage to Susan.

Karl will become aware of Sarah's return in the aftermath of the Lassiters explosion when he knocks on a hotel room door and discovers that she's its occupant.

Sarah Beaumont is back
    © Channel 5

Despite being confused as to what has bought her back to Erinsborough, Karl is eager to get Sarah out of the hotel as soon as possible, but has she sprained her ankle during the explosion.

Once out of the hotel, a struggling Sarah tries to get to triage, but seeing the pain she is in, Karl takes it upon himself to swoop her into his arms and carry her there.

However, he has some explaining to do when they come face to face with Susan on the way. Uh oh! Is trouble brewing again for the Kennedy couple? And why is Sarah back?

Sarah Beaumont is back
    Karl helps Sarah

Neighbours will air these scenes in the week commencing Monday, April 4 on Channel 5.

Digital Spy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (22-03-2016)

Nicola Charles interview
    Nicola Charles on Sarah’s dramatic return to Neighbours

How does it feel to be back?
    Great. It’s definitely a sense of going home, which is lovely because having left the entertainment business, I didn’t expect to feel that way. Driving into the studio was emotional and so was getting back into character of Sarah. It’s taken me by surprise.

Has much changed since last time you were in the show?
    No! Although they have got some pretty cool sets now as they’ve built all the gardens and they have a pool and tables outside. The indoor studio set and the crew are all pretty much the same, so it felt very familiar.

Were any of your old friends around?
    Obviously Alan Fletcher (Karl), Jackie Woodburne (Susan) and Ryan Moloney (Toadie). It’s always good to work with Jackie and Alan and I still think that were it not for Sarah’s affair with Karl, Susan and Sarah could have been friends! That’s often the cast for wives and the other woman. They tend to have somthing similar about them: that’s what attracts the guy.

Sarah has quite a dramatic return!
    Yes - in the aftermath of the Lassiters explosion she comes face to face with Karl. He’s the first person she sees after it’s happened, which is very emotional. She was in the shower at the time of the explosion trying to beautify herself for him! Their romance was the most important relationship she’s ever had in her life and she wanted to look a million dollars... not covered in blood and dust and feeling weepy! Of Course there is the analogy there of her being rescued by Karl... it makes it doubly sad for her because Karl isn’t hers.

Does she want Karl back, then?
    If she were honest about her feelings then yes. She wouldn’t hurt Susan again but in her heart of hearts Karl is all she ever wanted. If Sarah has ever known true love it’s because of Karl and you can’t turn those feelings off.

Is Karl surprised to see her?
    He’s shocked but I have a confession... He knew she was coming! Susan had no idea but they have been in contact prior to her return at least once!

Where has Sarah been since we saw her leave Erinsborough?
    In the UK with her husband - but he’s now her ex because he’s run off with someone else. You could say that karma came calling!

How does Susan react when she comes face to face with Sarah?
    Not well! Let’s be honest, it was never going to be pretty. There were some crew members having to hold Jackie back when we were filming - it was terrifying!

Do you think Susan sees Sarah as a threat to her marriage?
    Not a realistic threat, no. Sarah is just a living embodiment of Karl’s infidelity. It was the start of Karl being unfaithful - he did things after Sarah that even shocked me! Sarah was the one who found the cracks in their marriage.

So Sarah is hiding a big secret... is that linked to why she’s back?
    Yes, it’s very traumatic - especially because it relates to something that happened to me in my personal life at Christmas. When they sat down and explained the script to me I cried and cried. I also wanted to do the storyline justice. It’s a massive thing for me and I’m going to be portraying an important event in someone’s life, so it’s flattering to be asked back but also challenging because I want to do the best job possible.

Is her secret connected to the big question she has for Karl?
    Yes - but she keeps debating whether to ask him. She has a lot of thinking to do before she drops her bombshell. After the explosion she wonders if she should continue with her plan - but she decideds she’s there so might as well go ahead with it. Sarah likes to surprise people - and like everything she’s brought to the Kennedys’ table in the past, her revelation will be shocking!

Source: All About Soap 22nd March 2016

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kmti234 For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (22-03-2016)

Much-loved Neighbours couple Karl and Susan Kennedy may have escaped unscathed from the Lassiters explosion, but the return of Sarah Beaumont could turn out to be nearly as destructive for the popular pair.

Nicola Charles was seen reprising her role as Sarah in Tuesday's episode (April 5), leaving us all to wonder what on earth Karl's old flame is up to this time. When Digital Spy caught up with Nicola recently, she promised a major curveball and hinted we may need to keep the tissues on standby...

How did it feel to be asked back to Neighbours?

"It was fantastic. I'd left the entertainment business, so it was a real surprise to get the phone call. I was jumping around like a bunny. But then when I got the scripts and sat down with the scriptwriters, I just literally fell apart emotionally. I think I cried for about two days in my husband's arms like a baby.

"I could not believe what they were doing with the character. It was heartbreaking, because it was about a subject matter that I've had to deal with myself - with a very close family member over Christmas. Literally a week or two later I was given these scripts."

How did you cope with it being so close to home?

"I had a wobble during the meeting with the writers and they said: 'Oh my God, we had no idea'. Suddenly a wash of responsibility came over me and I realised I needed to do an amazing job with this storyline. I can't give away what the story is, but I knew I had an important job to do."

What has brought Sarah back to Erinsborough?

"Sarah has something that she needs to ask Karl to do for her. He knew she was coming, but the traumatic events of the explosion have thrown Sarah off kilter now. She decides to stop the plan that she had for now, but when things settle down again, she decides to carry on with it.

"It goes very badly for most of it, as you'd expect. Susan is completely enraged just by Sarah's physical presence. There's a lot of things to get past for all of them, so it was very challenging but also fascinating to play these scenes with Jackie Woodburne and Alan Fletcher. I loved working with them again."

Do you think Sarah still has feelings for Karl?

"Yeah, I do. I think he's the most significant and constant male in her life. If Sarah ever knew what love was, it was because of Karl. Their kiss all those years ago was an act of chance. But the fact they've kept in touch since and Sarah can go back and meet him isn't chance - it's a choice. That has very heavy consequences for him with Susan."

Would you like to return to Neighbours permanently, or do you think Sarah works best when she pops in and out?

"I don't like popping in and popping out! I worry about what happens to her when I'm out, so I'd rather she was in permanently. But this time around, you do get to know Sarah as an individual. I think that's a really good thing, because there are so many boundaries and labels that have been put on Sarah over the years.

"I'm always surprised by that. Sarah was a young single girl who made a mistake back in the day, as we all have. Karl was a married guy and yet all of the hatred was levelled at Sarah. It felt a little bit sexist to me, to be honest. As the years went by and it became a bigger thing in hindsight, I felt how unfair that was. But Sarah definitely handles herself in a more mature way this time around."

Since returning, have you got your passion back for the entertainment industry?

"Yes, I have drunk from the poisoned chalice! It really is like eating your favourite food. You give up chocolate for six months and you're really proud of yourself, but then you have a brownie and you're screwed because then you want it every day.

"That's what it's like with Neighbours. It's addictive to me because I love being there and I love playing the character. But they keep making me go cold turkey, so I guess they think it's good for me!"

You clearly love it - why leave the industry in the first place?

"It was three particular reasons - my three children. I felt it was selfish to sit at home waiting for the phone to ring for my career because 'mummy wants to be an actor'. Mummy can only be an actor if people want to employ her as an actor, otherwise it's a fantasy.

"I decided to go and live in the real world, so I went back to the corporate sector as a consultant and was happy doing that. I just wanted to be a working mum and give my children everything they want.

"When I was asked back to Neighbours again, it was pretty amazing. My 8-year-old daughter came out to set and she's now caught the bug too - she wants to be an actress. So I'm either going to be Sarah Beaumont again, or I'm going to become Kris Jenner and become a 'momager'! I have three very interesting children, so we'll see which way it goes..."

Digital Spy

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-04-2016)

Thread Information