Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarah Beaumont

Exclamation Sarah Beaumont

Neighbours star Nicola Charles has revealed that her character Sarah Beaumont will be sharing lots of scenes with Paul Robinson upon her return to Erinsborough.

Sarah will be back on the soap for a guest stint in early 2013 and is expected to stick around on screen for six weeks.

Speaking to Southern FM, Charles explained that Sarah's comeback will involve business dealings with bad boy Paul, played by Stefan Dennis.

Charles commented: "There's been a lot of electronic chatter about my character getting together with Paul Robinson, and Sarah does have a lot to do with Paul in her return, which I'm absolutely open to because Stefan Dennis is a great actor and a really funny guy in real life.

"We sparked off each other quite well and I think what's fantastic about the Paul/Sarah line is that Sarah is actually professionally superior to Paul in this situation, and that power dynamic is something that Paul Robinson has never had before.

"He's always been the boss and he's always been the most senior to everyone he's been around, so it's quite interesting to see him play off someone that he has to be nice to professionally!"

Charles reiterated that Sarah's reason for returning to Erinsborough is unconnected to her previous relationship with Karl Kennedy, which rocked his marriage to Susan in the '90s.

She explained: "I can confirm that Sarah is not back in Erinsborough initially for anything to do with Karl Kennedy. It's not that that brings her back, and she was actually reluctant to go back. All that is explained - how she does end up back there.

"But needless to say, she is back and needs to find closure on certain issues, obviously relating to Karl and Susan and other issues as well.

"The door is well and truly open for Sarah, and there's lots of things to learn about her. She decides that actually she can't just come to town and deal with the original reason she was there, but in fact she needs to face up to her past. She therefore reappears in Karl and Susan's life, and obviously that's where the fireworks begin."

Neighbours is currently on its annual transmission break in Australia, but continues airing on Channel 5 in the UK all this week.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2Ee52ypTf

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

homeawayjsk (13-12-2012)

Some Paul and Sarah romance would be interesting...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to homeawayjsk For This Useful Post:

TaintedLove (18-01-2016)

Neighbours bosses have released new promotional pictures for Sarah Beaumont's upcoming return storyline.

Sarah arrives back on screen in Australia next month, while UK fans will see her again from March.

Long-term viewers will remember that Karl Kennedy (Alan Fletcher) developed feelings for Sarah in the '90s, which rocked his marriage to Susan (Jackie Woodburne).

© Channel 5

While the reason for Sarah's return to Erinsborough is unconnected to Karl, it remains to be seen whether the pair's relationship could be reignited.

Nicola Charles, who plays Sarah, commented: "I can confirm that Sarah wreaks havoc and also let you know that it's not actually Karl who brings Sarah back to Erinsborough - it's something separate.

"Needless to say, once she is back, lots of things need to be addressed."

© Channel 5

© Channel 5

Neighbours returns to Australian screens on January 7 and Channel 5 in the UK on January 14.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2Gq9JFhKp

Neighbours returnee Nicola Charles has teased her character's reappearance on Ramsay Street.

Fans in Australia will see Sarah Beaumont return next Monday (February 4) to set the record straight about her mysterious 1998 affair with Karl Kennedy.

Speaking to The West Australian, Charles explained of the plot: "Back then she escaped by moving to the UK with Peter Hannay [Nick Carrafa]. They've had a couple of children who are young teenagers now and their marriage hasn't worked out and, for business reasons, Sarah is bought back to Erinsborough.

"She didn't actually want to come back but, because of her prior knowledge of Erinsborough, the company she works for asks her to complete the deal which unfortunately involves the Erinsborough News, which is where Susan works.

"No matter how hard Sarah tries to skirt around her past and be professional in her dealings in Erinsborough, the time arrives when you realise you have to get closure and sort things out with people."

Charles added coyly: "Sarah decides to revisit everything and fireworks erupt from that."

Meanwhile, the actress thanked producers for creating a "grittier" storyline for the character, saying: "Fourteen years ago when Sarah left, it was extremely difficult and complicated but it wasn't investigated back then as much as it should be.

"At that time, storylines were only touched on and not delved into. The way they've written her back in is so good. It's grittier and more real, which is something they've wanted to do with the script these days.

"I was just flabbergasted when I opened the pages and saw some of the things that were actually spoken about in the scenes - about whether Sarah and Karl slept together and really got down to the nitty-gritty."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Neighbours welcomes back Sarah Beaumont on UK screens next month as she makes a shock return to Erinsborough.

Sarah (Nicola Charles) is back in the area to oversee the purchase of the Erinsborough News after bad boy Paul Robinson decides to sell the paper.

Keen to keep a low profile, Sarah initially hopes not to run into any old faces during her brief stay.

In the end, however, Sarah can't resist confronting her past and pays a visit to old flame Karl Kennedy (Alan Fletcher) at the hospital.

Karl is stunned by Sarah's return, especially when she invites him back to her Lassiters hotel room for a quick catch-up.

When Karl heads over there, he's relieved to hear that Sarah just wants to apologise for the trouble she brought to his marriage all those years ago.

Back outside, Karl says goodbye to Sarah, only for a shellshocked Susan (Jackie Woodburne) to spot their warm embrace.

Karl and Susan's relationship has recently seemed to be on the road to recovery, but it seems that the reappearance of Sarah will throw a spanner in the works…

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 5 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Neighbours welcomed back one of its most memorable characters earlier this year as Nicola Charles reprised her role as Sarah Beaumont for a guest stint.

Sarah may have got the closure she needed where Karl and Susan are concerned, but five months on, some fans are still speculating over whether she could make another comeback.

Away from Ramsay Street, meanwhile, Nicola has been working on new music and is also looking for investments for a film script she has written.

Digital Spy caught up with Nicola this week to hear her thoughts on all things Neighbours and her current projects.

Were you pleased with how the return to Neighbours went?
    "I was very pleased with how Sarah's return went and how it was received. Months later, I am still inundated with some awesome fan support for this character. I was tempted with Sarah's new family history into wanting to know more and meet her children but that wasn't to be."

Some fans may have misremembered Sarah as a deliberate troublemaker. Were you glad to get the opportunity to show her as a nice person rather than a schemer?
    "Sarah was affectionately labelled a home wrecker and in fact her return was billed as such by the Australian network in the ads, but I really didn't see her that way and tried very hard not to play her that way.

"I found her to be a very sympathetic character who was young and lonely and had made a mistake. Sarah and I were both a bit older and a lot wiser this time around, and I hope that the viewers enjoyed watching her personal growth and how far she's come."

Once again, things did get slightly confused between Sarah and Karl for a little while. Do you think Sarah will always have some feelings for him, or has she moved on now?
    "I think for everyone there is someone who is a safe place to fall and Karl was definitely that for Sarah. She allowed a brief slip after some wine, and bearing in mind she is going through a distressing divorce, perhaps she just wanted to feel wanted again.

"But in the cold light of day, I think her feelings for Karl are not the whiz bang mega love that Sarah needs. That whirlwind would be something still to come for her. She needs a man more dangerous and powerful than Karl."

There's been a lot of discussion among the fans about whether Sarah should return again, or even be brought back as a regular. Is this something you'd be interested in?
    "I could lie to you and say that another return for Sarah is not something I'd be interested in, but I won't. I love her. The fans love her. There is no more to that. Her storylines are still endless as she will always be the woman who crossed the forbidden line and therefore dangerous."

If she did return, would you want Sarah to be involved in something completely different to the Karl/Susan story?
    "I think this time around we saw a smarter, more capable Sarah. I would like to see her world rocked again - this time by a new man."

Your Twitter followers will know that you've been busy working on music recently. Is this your main focus at the moment?
    "Music was who I was before Neighbours, during Neighbours quietly, and after Neighbours in the UK. I got my fingers burned after being dropped as an act after spending two years writing and recording my album Listening In Colour in the UK. I tried to walk away from music, but it's an itch I seem to need to scratch.

"I'm only interesting in recording my own songs so the road is a harder one than most ex-Neighbours cast who move into music. I see it as my guilty pleasure and if something great comes from that, great, if not then I will continue writing about my feelings and experiences just because."

What made you want to focus on it again at this point in your career?
    "Returning to music has been a combination of wanting to express the turmoil of my recent personal history in some way and a chance meeting with Ralph Carr the music manager. He isn't my music manager, but has introduced me to people I could work with if I wanted to pursue it.

"Dipping my toe in again has been more than a little cathartic and on a purely selfish level, has helped me deal with some desperately upsetting times in my recent life. I am primarily a lyricist so am always looking for co-writers and producers to work with.

"Right now I am working with an amazingly talented South African pianist. Through her talent and input, I am finding new wings to my sound and developing as an artist. She works on the space between sound as well as the sound. Yeah, I'm hooked again."

One of the songs you've already made available online is 'Rocket to Mars'. What can you tell us about that?
    "'Rocket to Mars' is a pop song I co-wrote with James and Vince Leigh here in Melbourne. I am constantly having an inner conversation about direction and what music means to me. I have been tempted to lean into the commercial end of music and dabble. It's fun, but I will always be interested in lyrical content first. "

How would you describe your current sound? Have you been inspired by any other artists?
    "My favourite female artists are Adele and Sia - both great songwriters though very different. My direction and sound is evolving. My new track 'Butterfly' represents where I am right now. Who knows where I will be next week, next month?"

From your tweets, we can see that you've also been busy filming a music video. Can you tell us anything about that?
    "I decided that there seemed to be a gulf for my fans between myself and my music. Music is for our ears, but today unless the eyes are stimulated too people are less likely to listen, so I called in a massive favour from some sterling ex-Neighbours crew members who have set up their own production company and we filmed the video clip for my song 'Butterfly' this week in St Kilda, Melbourne. I directed it and really cannot wait to edit it."

We noticed that Sachin Joab, who played Ajay in Neighbours, was also involved in the shoot. How did you get him on board?
    "I spent six years living in Los Angeles and was exposed to lots of US TV talent. When I returned to Neighbours, I was floored by the acting talent of Sachin Joab. I would wait behind after my scenes were finished in the Kennedy house and watch Sachin's scenes with Alan [Fletcher].

"Sachin is a very natural actor. I find it mesmerising, so when I realised I needed a 'love interest' for 'Butterfly' who could convey a man's emotions of betrayal, Sachin was the first name on my list. Luckily he said yes and I managed to get him before he shoots off to conquer LA."

In our recent interview with Sachin, he told us about the film script you've written and his involvement in it. How did the idea come about?
    "My life in Los Angeles was very difficult. Instead of a dignified end to my marriage, it was rife with court actions against me accusing me of being a flight risk, of alienating my children's affections from their biological father and more. I didn't have a work visa in LA so couldn't work as an actor without risking being thrown out of the country and losing my children, a risk I would never be prepared to take.

"I was made a prisoner of the state and given a 30 square mile radius in which to live and raise my children, with no income and no child support. The abject fear and betrayal I felt as a mother who had done nothing wrong brought many emotions about life and our world to the surface.

"To give my brain something else to think about, I began writing a political thriller called Infocide. It's the story of a journalist who becomes so distressed by the images of war and unrest being beamed into the homes of families that he decides to take a stand. As the worldwide suicide rates soar, questions begin being asked about the damage such images are having on our young.

"Images usually only witnessed by soldiers are now seen by everyone, daily - like the recent images from Syria. It breeds a kind of apathy and many are now believed to be suffering from post traumatic stress syndrome as a result. This was particularly prevalent after 9/11. The film raises the question of media legislation. Networks who do show the images get all the advertising revenue, so clearly that is what they will show.

"A political tussle ensues with Seth, the lead character, sticking firmly to his beliefs. It's a wonderful role and I believe Sachin would do great credit to it. We have it in the hands of the right people and hope it will receive funding interest soon. I believe it should be shot in Melbourne which doubles beautifully as Boston, which is where the movie is set, but funding will determine that. Nothing would make me prouder than to bring this type of picture and the revenue from it to my favourite city in the world."

With music and scriptwriting on the go, has acting been put on the backburner?
    "I don't wish acting to be put on the backburner and hope to return to screens soon. In my first year back in Australia, I was with a prominent Melbourne agent who didn't get me seen for a single acting role! So I'm hoping this year will bear more fruit with new representation. I'd love to do some theatre too. The industry is strong in Australia."

It sounds like you're very busy but is there anything we've missed in our questions?
    "I am married to UK DJ Mark Tabberner and at some point in the future I would love for him to work on some remixes of my tracks!"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (30-08-2013)

Another returnee has been confirmed, Nicola Charles has confirmed on her facebook page she will be back as Sarah Beaumont. She will be on screen early part of this year

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (18-01-2016), Pantherboy (18-01-2016), Ruffed_lemur (18-01-2016), tammyy2j (18-01-2016)

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Another returnee has been confirmed, Nicola Charles has confirmed on her facebook page she will be back as Sarah Beaumont. She will be on screen early part of this year
    Noooooooo! worst character and actress EVER!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

lizann (19-01-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Perdita View Post
    Yes!!! Great news.

I hated her storyline with Karl

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Mirjam (19-01-2016), Summer8 (20-01-2016)

Thread Information