Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Jai Sharma ( Chris Bisson )

I suppose its possible that he does have
    a contract for a year ( for a number of
    episodes) but most of episodes are due to
    be filmed in.early part of that year???

Dupl
    Last edited by maidmarian; 23-06-2015 at 02:14.

Jai Sharma's luck finally starts to run out on Emmerdale next week when his latest steamy moment with Leyla Harding is caught on camera.

The cheating businessman continues his affair in full view of a 'teddycam' that he has planted to spy on Rachel Breckle - a mistake that will surely come back to haunt him when Rachel gets her hands on the incriminating footage and tips off his wife Megan.

Here, Chris Bisson - who plays Jai - gives his reaction to the latest twist in Jai and Rachel's custody war.

Why is Jai so determined to get full custody of Archie?
    "I think Jai wants to believe that Rachel is a really bad mother, so he's exaggerating everything that happens in his own mind. It suits his case and his agenda to believe that. Clearly Archie has already ended up with a plaster-cast on because he broke his arm in Rachel's care and Jai was the last one to find out. That has really wound him up because he should have been told as soon as it happened."

How does Jai react next week when Rachel tells him that Archie has been ill?
    "It's another opportunity for Jai to keep pressing Rachel's buttons. In his own mind, he embellishes the truth again. Jai misinterprets what Rachel says, so he decides that Archie is on death's door and she's not doing anything about it!

"He tries to make himself look like the caring dad by getting the doctor to visit the house. He's always trying to strengthen his case and he'll do anything to undermine Rachel."

Rachel Is horrified when Jai brings a doctor round to see Archie
    © ITV
    Rachel Is horrified when Jai brings a doctor round

Jai also spots a cosy moment between Sam and Tracy at the café. Does he suspect something is going on between them?
    "It certainly looks like a close moment, but again it's just an opportunity for Jai. He drops it into the conversation just before he walks into mediation with Rachel, knowing that it will ruffle her feathers.

"It seemingly backfires because I think Rachel has started to get a little bit wise to Jai at this point! She takes the initiative and proposes to Sam, making out that she thinks everything is alright.

"Clearly things aren't alright and Jai knows this. Rachel and Sam are hiding it, but there have been problems between them. Even though he's trying to undermine Rachel, Jai definitely feels isolated and he feels like people aren't telling him the truth. There are a lot of things that have been hidden from him lately."

It's also fair to say that Jai genuinely loves Archie.
    "Definitely. He wants Archie to live with him and he knows that Rachel and Sam's relationship is unstable - he just can't prove it! They're hiding it, but the audience can see that it's true."

Jai smirks when he sees Tracy giving Sam a hug.
    © ITV
    Jai smirks when he sees Tracy giving Sam a hug

Why does Jai ask Leyla to spy on Rachel for him?
    "The mediation session doesn't go particularly well and Jai still has his suspicions. He asks Leyla to go and befriend Rachel, suggesting that maybe she could offer her some free wedding advice.

"Leyla agrees but when she goes round, Rachel and Sam are in the middle of an argument. Leyla relays to Jai that Archie was crying, while Rachel was holding him and apologising. That's a very worrying thing for Jai to hear, given that Archie has already had his arm broken.

"By that point, Jai is getting very suspicious and uptight about the whole situation and he's worrying about his son."

How does the secret camera come into play?
    "It's actually Leyla's idea. She comes up with the idea of hiding a camera in a teddy bear. It's a clever idea, because you can't really tell that there's anything in it. Jai plants it to try and get some evidence - it's some eyes and ears inside the house to find out if anything is happening to Archie. Jai knows that unless he can prove it, he doesn't have a case.

"What Jai suspects is partly true, but it's domestic violence between Rachel and Sam - it's not against Archie."

Jai is unaware the teddy cam is recording
    © ITV
    Jai is unaware the teddy cam is recording

Unfortunately, the teddycam soon backfires on Jai!
    "Yes, it's a classic soap storyline and we have to suspend the disbelief that Jai would be stupid enough to leave the teddy bear on when he's cavorting with Leyla! (Laughs.) But he does and he gets caught. People find out about the affair and there are going to be ramifications..."

how does sam and rachel discover teddycam to watch?

Emmerdale star Chris Bisson has revealed how he discovered the sex of his baby on his 40th birthday.

The actor, who is known for his role as businessman Jai Sharma, will welcome a daughter with his partner Rowena Finn in December.

The couple are already parents to 2-year old Harry, and Bisson said they were "ecstatic" to discover they were having a girl.

He recalled to Hello magazine: "For the first time I saw our baby's face and she was sleeping with her little hand behind her head, just like Harry and I do.

"When she said, 'You've got a little pink one', we were ecstatic. I'd hoped, deep down, that our second child would be a girl and my wish came true.

"I'm so excited. After Harry was born, I was - and still am - totally besotted with him. I know I'll love my little daughter with all my heart too."

Bisson's daughter will arrive around the same time as his co star Charley Webb and Matthew Wolfenden's second baby is due. The couple announced their happy news back in June.

Bisson said: "Everyone quipped that there must be something in the water at Emmerdale because my co-stars Charley Webb and Matthew Wolfenden are also expecting their second baby around the same time as us.

"It's certainly true that there has been a bit of a baby boom at Emmerdale recently. Natalie Anderson gave birth to her son Freddie a few months before we had Harry."

Bisson and Finn previously announced their baby news with a YouTube video which saw their son Harry dressed up as a superhero.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (03-08-2015)

Has Sam Dingle murdered Jai Sharma?

AN EXPLOSIVE row between Sam Dingle and Jai Sharma on Emmerdale will put a question mark over one of their lives, new pictures reveal.

The characters, played by James Hooton and Chris Bisson respectively, come to blows next month over Megan’s pregnancy, resulting in Sam hitting Jai over the head with a doorstop.

With Megan terrified that Jai will find out her secret, Sam realises he already does - and when Jai confronts him, things turn nasty.

Soon, he figures out the baby is his, and when Sam lets slip that Megan is planning on leaving him, they end up in a heated physical brawl.

Jai quickly overpowers Sam and continues to brutally beat him, leading Sam to reach for a nearby door stop and lash out with it.

Unable to wake Jai, he panics over what to do with the motionless body.

The scenes will air on December 9, keeping the rural soap’s drama coming thick and fast.

Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

8. The Following User Says Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

JessicaMad (30-11-2015)

​Emmerdale star Chris Bisson has become a father for the second time.

The actor announced the news on Twitter, revealing that his partner Rowena Finn gave birth to baby girl Ella Rose this morning (December 8).

"Delighted to announce the safe arrival of Ella Rose, our beautiful baby girl," Bisson told his online followers.

The 40-year-old added that he and Finn are "overjoyed" to become parents again.

Bisson and Finn are already parents to their young son Harry, who turns 3 in January.

Finn's second pregnancy was announced in June this year, when Bisson revealed the news via an adorable YouTube video featuring Harry dressed as a superhero.

The couple later revealed that they were expecting a baby girl.

Speaking to Hello in August, Bisson enthused: "I'd hoped, deep down, that our second child would be a girl and my wish came true.

"I'm so excited. After Harry was born, I was - and still am - totally besotted with him. I know I'll love my little daughter with all my heart too."

Bisson's Emmerdale co-stars Charley Webb (Debbie Dingle) and Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe) are also currently expecting their second child together.

Emmerdale's Jai Sharma will be left humiliated next week when his ex-wife Charity Dingle makes a discovery about his date with Carly Hope.

Jai's lack of love life will become quite the talking point among Nicola and Jimmy in future episodes, and they eventually form a challenge to see who can get him a date first.

A smug Nicola decides to resort to slightly dirty tactics in order to win the bet, and forces Carly to have a drink with him.

Although Nicola revels in her success, the same can't be said of the date itself as Carly struggles to stay interested in Jai's boring patter.

Charity tells Jai the truth
    © ITV

When Charity overhears, she takes pleasure in revealing to Jai that Nicola is actually paying an uninterested Carly to have a drink with him, leaving him feeling humiliated.

Not content with leaving it there, Charity proceeds to wind Jai up so much that he eventually snaps at her - just as Megan walks in. Oh dear! Has Jai blown it?

Emmerdale airs these scenes on Thursday, May 12 on ITV.

Digital Spy

holly's death looks to bring him close to moira, will more develop between grieving pair

12. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (06-10-2016)

Emmerdale's Jai Sharma is reminded of his dead girlfriend Holly Barton next week when he meets a troublesome newcomer.

Jai is still grieving after the tragic loss of Holly, who suffered a fatal heroin overdose in shocking scenes late last year.

With Jai still struggling over Holly's death and dealing with his own addiction issues too, next week's Emmerdale episodes see him attending an NA meeting at the village hall.

When a young woman called Nell arrives at the meeting, Jai is immediately struck by her resemblance to Holly – as well as how similar the two girls' stories are.

Jai later tries to befriend Nell, but he's soon left kicking himself when he realises that she's managed to snatch his wallet without him realising. Has he underestimated her?

Chris Bisson, who plays Jai, revealed: "Jai is in a bit of a sensitive place at the moment and his feelings about Holly have become heightened again. He's being quite revealing about his own inner thoughts at the NA meeting when Nell first arrives.

"When it's Nell's turn to speak, she has a story that resonates with Jai. It reminds him of Holly's story and there's another reminder because of the way she looks. When you put the two things together, there's definitely something there and a resemblance to Holly.

"Jai talks to Nell after the meeting, but he comes back in and discovers that his wallet has gone. He's clearly upset about it, because he's just been really nice to her! He even gave her his jacket because she was cold, but this is the way she's treated him in response!

"But I think Jai takes it pretty well. He understands Nell's situation and how addicts are. Rather than calling the police, he takes her out for something to eat and he offers her help. By the end of that first meeting, Jai is hopeful that Nell will come back to the next NA meeting so she stays clean."

Jai is honest with Nell when he tells her that she reminds him of someone he wishes he'd helped more in the past.

When Nell then takes this opportunity to reveal that she's staying on a friend's sofa at the moment, Emmerdale fans may be left wondering whether this new character can really be trusted.

Chris added: "I don't think Jai has dealt with his grief over Holly's death. It was a big shock for him. It's not just grief that eats him up, it's guilt too. Although it's clearly not Jai's fault that Holly re-used drugs and passed away, he feels that he could have done more.

"Jai can't over the fact that if anyone should have known what was going on with Holly, it's him because he'd used drugs himself in the past.

"I'm also really glad that we're playing a story with Jai where we see that addiction problems don't just disappear and every day can be a struggle. I think that's important.

"Sometimes we'll do a story where all of the characters move on afterwards, but this is something that it's not easy to move on from. It certainly will never go away for Jai."

Digital Spy

Thread Information