Thread: Rosie

Rosie

New character Rosie (Teri Haddy) is a student at Summer Bay High

As if accidentally proving she's a perfect fit for her "sweet but a bit awkward" character, newcomer Teri didn't have the smoothest of first days when she arrived on the Home and Away set. "I went to sit next to the director but I lost my footing, fell down and ripped one of the crew's pockets of his shirt as I fell," the 22-year-old actress laughs.

However, her co-star Demi Harman, who plays Sasha, made sure she felt right at home. "When I met Demi, she just pulled me in and gave me a big hug," Teri recalls. Soap veteran ray Meagher has also taken the rising star under his wing. "He says, 'Us Queenslanders have to stick together'," Teri says.

After relocating to Sydney in May, Teri couldn't believe her luck when she landed the role of Rosie. That and the fact that she'd be playing a teenager again, with a previous role on H20: Just Add Water. "I was playing a 15-year-old back then and now, six years later, I'm playing 16," Teri explains.

Although we haven't seen Rosie in the Bay in the past, her character has always lived there - and has kept an eye on the town's big names. "She's a bit of a loner," Teri says. "She has looked up to Sasha as the cool, older kid but Sasha has no idea who she is. They bond and she invites Rosie to a party. Rosie hears she used to be with Casey and gets excited because to her, he's like royalty in Summer Bay," Let's hope Casey doesn't come between these brand new Home and Away besties.
    Last edited by hward; 15-01-2013 at 13:34.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hward For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (15-01-2013)

Thread Information