Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Cameron Murray (Dominic Power)

I hope Cameron is sent to prison for the murders but it could be that Chas and Debbie kill him

Debbie should also be punished for her part in Gennie's death and knowing Cameron really killed Carl

Cameron will commit suicide and leave Debbie with all the problems!

Emmerdale star Dominic Power has admitted that he wants his character Cameron Murray to be killed off.

Cameron has claimed three victims of his own in the past year, murdering Carl King, Alex Moss and Gennie Walker in a long-running storyline.

Speaking to All About Soap about Cameron's ultimate fate, Power commented: "A comedy death would be great. Maybe just him getting away with it, stepping out of The Woolie with a really smug look on his face, and getting run over by a truck! Or Sandy could shoot Cameron. That would be awesome!"

He continued: "[The story] has been brilliant, and hugely flattering for me to play a big part in the show. And there's still plenty more twists and turns to come in Cameron's story."

The next big problem for Cameron comes when Alex's remains are dug up by the police, which prompts the return of the late mechanic's grandmother Beattie. To make matters worse, Cameron is even asked to organise Alex's memorial.

Power said: "Adam and Victoria have suggested giving Alex a memorial, and Alex's grandmother Beattie asks Cameron to organise it. Her request makes Cameron feel physically sick, and he tries to pass the responsibility away."
    Last edited by Perdita; 15-08-2013 at 19:46.

Emmerdale killer Cameron Murray fears the worst this fortnight as the police launch an investigation into the murder of Alex Moss.

The authorities spring into action after the body which was hidden on Declan's festival site is identified as Alex, but will Cameron be able to stop them from uncovering his guilt?

Here, Dominic Power - who plays Cameron - reveals what's in store as his character tries to stay out of trouble.

How does Cameron cope as the police start to investigate Alex's murder?
    "Once again Cameron is spinning plates, thinking up ways to try and keep the police at bay. He is determined to send them off on the wrong track, but the pressure is really kicking in. Seeing the police making door-to-door enquiries sends his stress levels sky-high.

"Cameron is close to cracking as the pressure is enormous, and it's exacerbated even further when Beattie - Alex's granny - turns up."

Does Debbie pick up on Cameron's strange behaviour?
    "Debbie comments on how Cameron looks rough and how he seems distracted. However, as she knows he isn't sleeping, she can sort of understand it. Plus, she thinks it's because he is still shocked and grieving to hear about Alex, who was his mate. Debbie loves Cameron and wants to help - she wants to stand up to the world for him."

What can you tell us about Alex's gran arriving in the village?
    "Cameron is in the café and Beattie walks in, as she wants to feel close to Alex. She comes straight over to Cameron as he was so kind to her before - or so she thought.

"It's not long before Adam and Victoria suggest they could have a memorial of some sorts for Alex, so Beattie suggests Cameron could organise it. I think he feels physically sick at this point, so he quickly tries to pass the responsibility away. Beattie has noticed how cut up Cameron is. She comments when he leaves the room, 'That poor man is in bits'."

What happens when the police come to talk to Cameron?
    "Cameron takes the route to tell as much truth as he can, so he tells them about Alex needing money and how he had a bit of a barney with him over it. He explains that Alex had been trying to live the dream by seeing Moira up at the farm, but he makes it clear that Alex was living beyond his means and scarpered when it got too much."

It's been revealed that Adam gets the blame for the murder. What gives Cam the idea to frame him?
    "Victoria pipes up that Alex's body was found on Home Farm land and Declan hated him. I think an idea forms at that point."

Does Cameron feel guilty about setting someone else up for the murder?
    "I think Cameron is not thinking about anything other than saving himself at this point. Yes, deep down if he thought about it perhaps, but he's just saving his own skin first."

How do you feel about Cameron's leap to serial killer status now that he's killed three times?
    "People were calling him a serial killer when it was just two, but I'm not sure that is technically correct. You have to have killed three to be a serial killer. It's been an exciting few months of filming!"

Did you know as far back as when Cameron killed Carl that all this was going to happen?
    "No, I didn't. I did know about Alex fairly quickly after Carl as it wasn't that far apart. I then got wind of the fact that I would be killing again but they didn't say which character.

"There were a few funny moments when I could tease other actors as I would say, 'Oh I've heard our characters will be friends and will have quite a few scenes together'. They were all quite panicked! It was quite funny. When I found out it was going to be Gennie but with the car crash, we had to of course keep it a secret. People knew about the crash but not what followed."

Is there a chance Cameron will kill again in the coming months?
    "You will have to wait and see. But there is exciting stuff ahead."

What reaction have you had from the fans since Gennie's murder?
    "We have had an amazing reaction. We as a team were sad Sian [Reese-Williams] left, but I think we gave her a good exit. The fans hadn't seen it coming - they knew about the crash but not what Cameron did."

How do you switch off from dark scenes such as Cameron suffocating Gennie?
    "I do leave those dark scenes at work, so I tend to finish filming and get changed into my own clothes. Some evenings I head to the gym. I do try and not to take Cameron home with me - it would be way too dark."

What teasers can you give us for what's coming up?
    "It's big! It's full-on and it could have an impact on a few others."

Do your friends and family watch the show? What do they make of the killer plot?
    "My mum watches but she doesn't like me killing people. She didn't like it when he had affairs, but killing is even worse!"

I don't want Cameron killed off! That would be the easy way out!

I want everyone to know and the whole village to beat the living **** out of him. I want him to suffer in jail, unable to see his kids the same way he's deprived people of their kids!

Yeah I know.... It's not real lol

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Debzyg For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (24-08-2013), tammyy2j (23-08-2013)

So the blackmail from wee Shuan was nothing to do with anything about him being a murderer , he's mistaken the text being about the murders when it was about hitting Shuan and it not being over ...

Quote Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
    So the blackmail from wee Shuan was nothing to do with anything about him being a murderer , he's mistaken the text being about the murders when it was about hitting Shuan and it not being over ...
    he is unravelling slowly

Quote Originally Posted by walsh2509 View Post
    he is unravelling slowly

Emmerdale producer Kate Oates has insisted that the Cameron Murray's story is not over.

Viewers will see Cameron finally get his comeuppance next week when Debbie Dingle's scheming leads to him being questioned by the police.

Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates
    © ITV
    Emmerdale's series producer Kate Oates.

Oates said to Inside Soap: "Who says things are ever completely over? I loved the storyline and Dominic Power's portrayal of Cameron. He's parallel with Carl King, who also killed a lot of people and yet lived this normal life.

"While there might be might be more mileage for Cameron, you have to think of the best story you can tell.

"It hasn't been easy to think about the end because I've been enjoying the plot so much."

Speaking about what viewers can expect from the anniversary of last year's live show in October, Oates said: "I am frequently asked about this, and whether it is going to top the live episode.

Chas and Debbie go to the police.
    © ITV
    Chas and Debbie go to the police.

"Chas and Debbie are highly involved and it should be exciting. There has been a lot of bad blood between their characters for a very long time because of what has happened with Cameron.

"It will take a big event to sort that out, and I promise you it's going to be big."

Oates also hinted at what viewers can look forward to over Christmas, saying: "Turkey, presents, snow and all the festive classics!

"We've got a really exciting Christmas in store, with a fun story and a much darker one with some strong drama.

"There could also be a face returning to the village, but I can't tell you if it will be a welcome one or not..."

Emmerdale serial killer Cameron Murray is at the centre of another dramatic storyline next week, as he holds a number of the village's residents hostage at The Woolpack after managing to escape from a prison van.

Cameron is armed with a gun as the tense scenes play out amid the worst weather that the village has seen for a long time. As the situation escalates, the pub begins to flood and a much-loved character will be shot...

Here, Dominic Power - who plays Cameron - previews the explosive drama ahead.

What is Cameron's plan when he returns to the village?
    "His plan is to get Debbie back."

Has Cameron forgiven Debbie for the part she played in his arrest?
    "He has forgiven her. He is still in love with her, and forgives her because he would forgive her anything. He understands her. He is desperate. Everything has been about getting Debbie and her family back. Every murder, every wrong move and every bad decision, have misguidedly been about getting Debbie back."

Does he want to take Debbie, Sarah and Jack away with him?
    "Cameron's plan is for him to take them all away. He truly believes he can make another go of it with Debbie."

Does he believe that he and Debbie still have a chance?
    "Absolutely 100%. He refuses to admit defeat when it comes to Debbie. He truly believes he and Debbie still have a chance despite everything he has done. Cameron gives the police the slip by pretending to board a ferry, but his one mission is getting back to Debbie in the village."

© ITV
    Sarah is shocked to see a disheveled Cameron

What is the first thing he does when he arrives in the village?
    "He goes to find Sarah. When Sarah first sees Cameron she is a little scared, as she knows something is not right and obviously she's heard all the chat about Cameron. She is a little scared, but Cameron does his best to convince her. He charms Sarah and soon he becomes the Cameron she knows and remembers. He gains her trust again. But then he vanishes, leaving Sarah alone."

What happens next?
    "He heads to the village via Zak's van. He knows what he is looking for and finds Zak's gun."

What is Cameron's behaviour like at this point?
    "He is two different characters - the family guy and then this crazy killer. He will switch between the two characters and as things are getting more manic and heated up, it is like the metronome is swinging forwards and backwards a lot faster.

"Cameron is more erratic and is at his most crazed when he's holding the hostages in The Woolpack. You will start seeing [him] going a bit crazy as if he is about to explode. He will go from one character to the other in the space of a sentence. He is definitely erratic."

Cameron is then seen in the cellar. What is he like at this point?
    "When Cameron first gets into The Woolpack he is measured and unruffled, because he has to keep it calm. Cameron can remain calm under very stressful situations. He has managed to get himself out of so many scrapes. He always manages to find a way out if he thinks his way through a situation. When he was arrested and making excuses to Debbie and when he was holding her hostage in Tug Ghyl, he just needed to think.

"Cameron knows if he thinks things through hard enough, he will come up with a good lie or a plan. In prison he must have burrowed himself into the corner of his cell and thought, 'I need to think of a plan to get myself out of this'. And he does! He manages to get out of prison.

"Whatever is thrown at him, he deals with. He has this scary stealth-like control. He can become very measured and introverted, but he also has the capacity to be the polar extreme, which is wild, frightening and scary. It is also terribly arrogant to think he can get his own way after killing someone or even three people."

© ITV
    Cameron arrives in The Woolpack.

A lot of your cast members have commented on how scary your portrayal is in the hostage scenes.
    "It is really lovely to hear they think that. I must say it really helped me because we were bouncing off each other, and their fear was really good for me to react against too. We filmed all the hostage scenes in chronological order, which also really helped me as we were going on this journey together.

"You of course learn your lines the week before you come to shoot and you almost forget what is coming next. It is like you are living it in real time and it is coming at you. You forget what is around the corner. All the scenes are really different by the time you've got them off the page and onto the studio floor.

"When you have these scenes and they are so well written, you find you can't go half measure at it. If you are holding someone hostage and everything is at stake, you can't give a restrained performance - you have to, excuse the pun, give it both barrels."

What was it like filming the hostage scenes?
    "It was very strange as the days were long. We were in The Woolpack set for nearly five days. The week we recorded the hostage scenes was the first week we noticed when you finished work it had started to get dark outside. We left the darkness of the studio pub set to leave the building in darkness. It was quite eerie actually."

Did you enjoy recording the scenes?
    "It was the best week ever. I would honestly say I had the best week I've had at Emmerdale so far and that is down to everyone. We had a brilliant crew, amazing cast and an inspirational director. We all want this week to be so good and we were afforded a little bit more time than normal when filming. It meant we could play and find the scene. Everyone was being really creative. It was a true ensemble making these scenes a great example of teamwork."

We know that in the hostage scenes, a much-loved character will be shot. Was it a shock when you saw who in the script?
    "I wasn't shocked as I think it's perfect, because it is someone you are immediately going to worry about and feel sorry for. It's a great choice as that spins off and has its own complete storyline. The repercussions are felt not just for them, but others around them.

"That is what is so great about the show and what people are really buzzing about, as there are so many really strong storylines. It's not just the Debbie/Cameron storyline, but there are others that are interwoven. All these stories are interlinked. The fact that Alex's body was found was not just about Cameron being discovered, but we saw the effect it had on the Maceys and the effect it had on the Bartons.

"All these characters and stories are interlinked with one ongoing thread, it is genius. It's such a good show and I'm so proud of it."

© ITV
    Everyone panics as a gun shot is fired.

In the story, the cellar below The Woolpack has flooded and a set was built to film this at Pinewood Studios. How was it being there?
    "It was great. Pinewood is a very exciting place to be. It is a real hive of activity, lots of things going on. Lots of big major movies being shot there with massive sets being built.

"The whole flooding thing is brilliant, as obviously you try and keep up to date in the soaps and a flood storyline is completely topical, because last year we had more flooding than ever in the UK. It has become a huge serious issue, particularly because of the amount of floods and the damage they have caused in the last year.

"So this almost biblical flood that hits the Emmerdale village is perfect. It is the perfect backdrop for everything that happens and filming at Pinewood was just great. I don't want to give too much away, but I don't get into the water until the flood is quite bad. So I was literally straight in at the deep end up and up to my neck in it. That was quite intense. It was absolutely brilliant fun."

Was the replica Woolpack cellar built at Pinewood Studios impressive?
    "The set they constructed for the flood was massively impressive. When you walked on to [the] set, we appreciated they weren't just going to fill it up with water. There was a set with four walls, which they lowered into a big water tank. So as the water rises in the story, that is the set sinking. By the time I got into the water there was only a couple of feet between the water and the ceiling, just room for my head. It was very exciting!"

Does this storyline compare with the big live episode Emmerdale transmitted last year?
    "This is also huge. People are asking how it compares to the live episode but it is completely different. The live was amazing, and I still think it was a miracle it went as brilliantly and as flawlessly as it did.

"This story we are telling is a very different beast and I think it is trying to do something else. There was obviously a lot of tension in the live episode, with all the different storylines. These episodes are focused on the one storyline and it's a different kind of intensity. It is the kind of drama I think the audience will become completely immersed in. It is more of a thriller. This week of Emmerdale will easily compete with the live in terms of audience enjoyment.

"I am really lucky to work with actors who really care. I am privileged at Emmerdale to work with actors who don't stop striving for perfection. The level of commitment to giving our best is outstanding, and I am sure this will be the work I will be most proud of."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information