Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tyrone and Fiz

Quote Originally Posted by parkerman View Post
    Not sure how this works assuming it is Tyrone who is on trial. If he is found not guilty, there could be a prosecution of Kirsty for perjury but I don't see how she would be immediately led away in handcuffs. Perhaps someone with a better grasp of the law might answer this.....
    If her abuse of Tyrone is revealed, (leading them to also know she has committed perjury), then she could be arrested for the assault maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    Coronation Street has filmed two different endings to Tyrone Dobbs's upcoming domestic violence trial.

Cast and crew have been working out on location for the dramatic court scenes, which will air on screen next month.

Tyrone (Alan Halsall) has a tough challenge ahead in the coming weeks as he battles to prove his innocence after his twisted ex-fiancée Kirsty Soames falsely accused him of domestic violence.

Fans will be glad to see that one possible outcome of the storyline involves Kirsty (Natalie Gumede) finally getting her comeuppance, as she is led away in handcuffs for lying to the jury.

Tyrone and his new girlfriend Fiz Stape (Jennie McAlpine) are seen celebrating outside the court as the truth is finally out.

However, another scene has been filmed providing a second possible ending to the trial - as Tyrone is seen wearing the cuffs after being found guilty.

Coronation Street bosses will be keeping quiet about which ending is the real one until the episodes air in March.

Filming two versions protects the secrecy surrounding the storyline, with show chiefs promising various twists and turns throughout the court case.

Viewers will see Tyrone sent to prison later this week as he awaits his trial, while his loved ones on the outside concentrate on the battle to clear his name.
    just air one of them soon and end this

3. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Debzyg (12-02-2013)

Coronation Street star Jennie McAlpine has revealed marriage could be on the cards for Fiz and Tyrone, even if he ends up in prison.

Tyrone Dobbs faces a tough battle to clear his name next week as he undergoes a week-long trial over his ex-fiancée Kirsty Soames's false abuse allegations.

However, McAlpine has said that prison did not stand in the way of Fiz marrying before.

"Tyrone's been married once to Molly and almost married Kirsty. Fiz got married in prison, so maybe they could," she said to TV Extra.

"It's not going to be easy. I don't know what they're going to do."

McAlpine has also admitted that whilst she believes Fiz has finally chosen the right man in Tyrone, it is always going to be difficult for them.

"Although I think she's chosen the right man this time, a couple of years ago I would have said she's not very good at choosing the right path in life. And even now she's not taking the most straightforward route.

"Tyrone is lovely but there's a lot of baggage hanging over him!"

Coronation Street's trial storyline kicks off next Monday (March 25) at 7.30pm and 8.30pm on ITV.

Except we know he's not going to prison...

He is in prison already ;)

Jennie McAlpine has said she is honoured that her on-screen relationship has been compared to that of iconic couple Jack and Vera Duckworth.

The actress's alter ego Fiz Stape has finally reinstated her relationship with Tyrone Dobbs (Alan Halsall), who recently faced a trial after being accused of domestic abuse by his former fiancée Kirsty Soames (Natalie Gumede).

McAlpine has admitted that she finds it ''amazing'' fans have warmed to them so much and seen similarities between the two couples.

''That is such a huge compliment when people say that. Me and Alan learned our jobs watching Liz Dawn and Bill Tarmey, so to be compared to them is the biggest compliment anyone could give us", she said to OK magazine.

''If we can be a fraction as good as them, that's an amazing thing. No one could take Jack and Vera's place, though.''

Fiz and Tyrone previously dated in the ITV soap over a decade ago and McAlpine admitted that she is enjoying filming their on-screen romance again.

''I suppose there are worse things in the world than going to work and kissing Britain's best actor!" she said. "Alan always makes me laugh and we're so used to it now that it doesn't even cross our minds as odd.''

^ Who is comparing them to Jack and Vera exactly?

Coronation Street's Alan Halsall has affirmed comparisons of Tyrone Dobbs's romance with Fiz Stape to that of veteran Corrie characters Jack and Vera Duckworth.

Halsall, who portrays Halsall in the ITV soap, was speaking to PA (via Yahoo!) when he said he understood why people saw the similarity in the couples' relationships.

Halsall said: "I know how people put two and two together comparing them to Jack and Vera [Duckworth], because I know Vera was the dominant one in that relationship and I'm sure Fiz will be."

The 30-year-old, who is expecting a baby girl with wife Lucy-Jo Hudson, added that Tyrone and Fiz had "a real history", which for the time being has a happy ending now that Tyrone's partner Kirsty Soames has been exposed as an abuser.

"Fiz can be quite wild, and Tyrone was originally. He was sort of a bad lad and it was Jack and Vera that put him on the straight and narrow, so there's all sort of potential for the writers there in terms of them doing comedy, or things getting a bit wild.

"They have been together on and off at least two or three times already," Halsall continued. "Fiz is a great character and it's brilliant because there's a chemistry there and they've both got the kids with Hope and baby Ruby. We're having a lot of fun, actually."

Speaking about his off-screen relationship with McAlpine, Halsall added: "I love working with Jennie. She's a very, very funny person off set and on set."

Halsall also admitted that he "loves" not knowing what's coming next when it comes to playing Tyrone.

"I just wait for the scripts to come through and see what the character will be doing next," he said. "That's part of the love of the job for me."

shocking storyline in works for them

When Tyrone receives an anonymous text he automatically thinks it's from the newly released Kirsty - little does he know it's actually from Maria!

Fiz, Tyrone and Maria - Coronation Street - ITV
    When Tyrone shows the text to Maria, she pretends she knows nothing about it and comforts him, secretly knowing it was her that had sent the text.
    – Alan Halsall who plays Tyrone
    "When it comes to Kirsty, Tyrone will always be fearful." Says Alan.

"She’s a dark part of his past that still haunts him and the thought that she might return and begin her mind games again is terrifying for Tyrone.

"I think Tyrone would be shocked and appalled that his friend would put him through so much. He trusts Maria and I think he would feel completely betrayed."

"Maria’s in a dark place and isn’t thinking straight. She’s deluded when she thinks her and Tyrone would be happy together...

"I think this is going to end very badly for Maria. She’s playing with peoples lives and that’s never going to end well is it?"

Thread Information