Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UK/Aus exciting news: returning characters!

There is suggestions that if Sarah and Steph returns are proved to be popular. They may stay become regulars, so make you voices heard on the Neighbours soap boards such as Neighbours-Fans & PerfectBlend.net, where the soap Producers will read our comments for them to return.
    Last edited by Toadie; 09-11-2012 at 22:44.

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    some pointless returns
    Apart from Steph.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to N.Fan For This Useful Post:

Perdita (10-11-2012)

Glad to hear of these returns. Particularly Steph and Brennan.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Perdita (12-11-2012)

Quote Originally Posted by N.Fan View Post
    Apart from Steph.
    Apart from Brennan at least he is worth looking at

Steph is a useless character now who the writers completely ruined by putting her with Dan

I would like to see Elle and Andrew's mother back
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 12-11-2012 at 20:21.

Neighbours' Nicola Charles teases Sarah Beaumont return - interview

Neighbours fans were shocked earlier this month as the show's bosses announced the upcoming return of Sarah Beaumont, who will be heading back to Ramsay Street for a guest stint in 2013.

Sarah is best remembered as the woman who rocked the Kennedys' marriage in the '90s, and viewers will be expecting her to stir things up in Erinsborough once again upon her return.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Nicola Charles, who plays Sarah, to hear some teasers about what's in store for her character this time around.

How does it feel to be back on Neighbours after so long away from the show?
    "It feels like I never left. It's like being back in the womb almost. It's home."

What kind of a reaction have you seen from fans since your return was announced?
    "The reaction from my fans and fans of the show has been overwhelming. I knew that Sarah was a popular character, but had no idea she would be received so well upon her return."

When did you first receive the call about returning?
    "I received an email from the executive producer last year whilst in Los Angeles following an Inside Soap interview I had done, where I made it quite clear that a return was something I would be open to.

"Obviously the story had to be handled sensitively and carefully, so it took almost a year from that point before we began filming it."

Was returning to the show something you had to take time and think about, or were you keen on the idea straight away?
    "When the magazine first posed the question I was stunned. I had never imagined a return would be possible. But my husband Mark had always felt that I should revisit Sarah and so I had pondered it for a while. The answer was always going to be yes."

How easy has it been to 'find' the character of Sarah again after so long?
    "Finding Sarah was actually easier this time around. We have an amazing writing team, and I found the truth of the dialogue and interactions very real and therefore easier to interpret. Sarah is also a grown-up now, which has been much more fun."

Neighbours must have changed quite a bit since you were last part of the show. What would you say the main differences are?
    "Neighbours has changed since I left, but not as much as you might think. It is a more well-oiled machine. But I was delighted to find many of the cast and crew I knew well still working on the show.

"There is a larger cast and crazier schedules, but somehow the geniuses in Production manage to make it all work!"

How long have you been filming for so far, and how long do you have left on set?
    "I have been filming for five weeks and cannot speculate on how long I have left as that might be something of a spoiler for the viewers!"

Has Sarah changed much since we last saw her? Has being a mother changed her perhaps?
    "Sarah has changed immeasurably. She is smarter, thinks faster, knows herself better and has a valid perspective on what happened. Being a mother seems to have been the making of her, and I can easily draw parallels from my own life for that."

We know you can't say too much, but can you give us any early hints on what might bring Sarah back to Ramsay Street?
    "Well I will say this, contrary to what most fans believe it is not Karl that brings Sarah back. That being said, back she is!"

The Kennedys aren't together at the moment anyway, but is Sarah going to cause more drama between Karl and Susan?
    "Sarah has much to catch up on with regard to Karl and Susan, and does so. Whether she intends to 'come between them' remains to be seen!"

Would you say Sarah is over Karl? Does she have a partner in England or is she single?
    "Is Sarah over Karl? Gosh, that's an eternal question, isn't it? Are we really ever over our exes? Sarah is separated from her husband Peter Hannay and is therefore single."

Can we expect tension between Susan and Sarah, or do you think they can move on from their past problems?
    "Yes. You can expect tension between Sarah and Susan. Of course!"

You've said in the past that there were always loose ends in the Sarah and Karl storyline. Do you think those are going to be tied up now?
    "I do think that all the questions about what happened between Sarah and Karl in the past will be answered for the viewers. They certainly are in my mind. But our past remains with us wherever we are, and whoever we move on with. It's the fabric of who we are."

Sarah's storyline with the Kennedys was one of the most memorable of the '90s. Are you proud to have played a character who has gone down in Neighbours history?
    "I am extraordinarily proud to have played Sarah. Urban soap myth would have people remember Sarah as a husband-stealing vamp. But she was never played or written that way, in fact the Karl kiss was something she fell into during a very hard time in her life.

"She never planned any of it, and I think her decision to marry another man and remove herself from Erinsborough as a way of dealing with her guilt was extremely brave."

Has it been enjoyable to work with Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne again?
    "Alan Fletcher and Jackie Woodburne have been so incredible to work with again. As Sarah is different, their reactions to her are also. It has become a triangle of adults, not a married couple and a young girl anymore. It's one man and two women. Forever linked by a marital indiscretion."

Which of the newer cast members have you particularly enjoyed getting to know?
    "New to me - Stefan Dennis who plays Paul Robinson. Great guy. Nutcase. Fabulous actor. Very funny to be around. Sparky and edgy. I like his style!"

We know this is a guest stint for you, but would you be interested in a longer stint if you were asked?
    "I will never be disinterested in playing Sarah and if the writing continues to be this good then, yes, I will always want to return and play her."

Neighbours fans are certainly excited about the returnees heading back to the Street. Do you think revisiting the past is a good thing for the show?
    "I don't see it so much as revisiting the past but visiting people from the past now in 2012/2013. That's a different thing. People change. Their opinions change, as do their attractions. Nothing and no-one is ever the same as they were 14 years ago!"

karl is free and single now for sarah

Carla Bonner has confirmed that her character Steph Scully is still holding a torch for ex-partner Lucas Fitzgerald when she arrives back in Erinsborough.

Steph makes her return on screen in Australia next week, taking over as the manager of Harold's after being released from jail.

Bonner told TV Week: "She's hopeful that Lucas has waited for her - there's a glimmer of hope. She's excited to see him and isn't sure what it will mean."

When Steph discovers that Lucas (Scott Major) is actually in a stable relationship with Vanessa Villante (Alin Sumarwata), she appears to genuinely accept his decision to move on.

However, as Steph later learns that Lucas has a baby son with Vanessa, she is visibly shaken by the news and it's clear that her feelings for him may still be strong.

"Steph is floored by the baby news - it was the last thing she expected. She realises now that Lucas is a totally different person to who he once was, and she's rocked to her core," Bonner continued.

Local police sergeant Matt Turner (Josef Brown) also shares scenes with Steph upon her return, questioning why she previously had a parole application turned down.

Bonner added: "She's not willing to reveal anything to anyone about her time in prison, but we know something happened in there. She just wants to get a new start in life, and part of that is forgetting about her time inside."

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-04-2013)

Quite looking forward to haing Steph back, lots has changed since she went!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

Ruffed_lemur (11-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by LostVoodoo View Post
    Quite looking forward to haing Steph back, lots has changed since she went!
    Yes, me too!

Thread Information