Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UK/Aus exciting news: returning characters!

UK/Aus exciting news: returning characters!

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mirjam For This Useful Post:

alan45 (04-11-2012), Dazzle (05-11-2012), tammyy2j (05-11-2012)

In what will mark its 28th year on television, Neighbours is set to welcome back a plethora of its most popular characters, along with a brand new family, in what promises to be an eventful 2013.

Favourite biker babe Steph Scully (Carla Bonner) and Sarah Beaumont (Nicola Charles) both return to Ramsay Street, along with Detective Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor), who was believed to be killed in action. Lauren Turner (Kate Kendall, Stingers) daughter of Lou Carpenter (Tom Oliver) will return to her childhood home, accompanied by her husband, Erinsborough's newly appointed police sergeant Matt Turner (Josef Brown), and their teenage children Mason (Taylor Glockner), Amber (Jennsa Rosenow) and Bailey (Calen Mackenzie).

Rick Maier, Executive Producer of Drama and Production at Austrlia's Network Ten, says: 'Neighbours is always as its most compelling when fans are rewarded for their commitment. Next year's new stories and all-star cast just look and feel fantastic. Steph Scully back on Ramsay Street? Sarah Beaumont? And some people thought Erinsborough was such a quiet place to live...'

'We are thrilled that they are returning to Ramsay Street and equally excited to be introducing a new family with original ties to the neighbourhood.'

Kate Kendall, who's taking on the role of Lauren Turner, adds: 'It's exciting to be joining Australia's longest running drama and to be working with such an array of experienced actors. To be palying a character such as Lauren Turner, who is deeply embedded in the storyline and who of course is Lou Carpenter's daughter, is such a wonderful opportunity.'

Sarah Beaumont was a medical receptionist, who had an affair with married man Karl Kennedy in 1997. All of the details of their tryst were eventually brought to light when Sarah returned to Erinsborough in 2005.

It all seemed to come undone for Steph after falling pregnant to best friend Libby's husband Dan, then pretending the baby was Toadie's and finally getting married to cover up the infidelity! With Paul Robinson finally outing the shocking truth, Steph's friendship with Libby was destroyed and, in turn, a fatal decision saw her tragically hit Ringo while riding her motorbike. Steph was charged with manslaughter and reckless driving, and was given a six-year jail sentence, which she's currently serving in a low security facility in Bendigo.

Our hearts melted when Kate Ramsay and Mark Brennan finally got together. They were the perfect couple, so it seemed, and the residents of Ramsay Street relished seeing them both find happiness. It didn't last long, though. After Brennan blew the whistle on a corrupt colleague, he was forced to go into witness protection and, when Kate didn't make it in time to flee with him, their relationship came to a sudden end. Kate was left to grieve months later when Toadie discovered Brennan was supposedly killed whilst in hiding.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

domsgizmo (05-11-2012), rubilynn (10-11-2012)

Neighbours returnee Carla Bonner has admitted that she didn't hesitate when show bosses invited her to return as Steph Scully.

Yesterday (November 4), it was announced that Steph will be heading back to Ramsay Street in 2013, with Bonner expected to start filming again from January.

Bonner left Neighbours in 2010 after 11 years playing the role. Steph's exit storyline saw her sent to prison after knocking down Ringo Brown on her motorbike while driving dangerously.

Bonner told TV Week of Steph's return: "We always knew when I left they would revisit her. When they contacted me and said it was time, there was no question of if I wanted to do it - of course I did!

"Steph's a bit damaged because she's been through a rough time being in prison and obviously she's lost custody of her son Charlie. It's really sad what's happened to her."

Bonner confirmed that Steph is returning to Erinsborough with a "score to settle" - likely to be with Paul Robinson (Stefan Dennis) after he sparked her downfall two years ago.

The actress also said that she would not rule out a reunion for Steph and old flame Lucas Fitzgerald (Scott Major).

She explained: "When she went inside, she left Lucas and clearly expressed to him she wanted him to move on. But I just don't know if she believes he has when she gets out. She may be looking for some comfort and familiarity."

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Neighbours newcomer Kate Kendall has promised that her on-screen family are heading to Ramsay Street with "secrets" and some "juicy storylines" on the way.

Yesterday (November 4), it was announced that the former Stingers actress is taking over the role of Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren Turner, who will be returning to Ramsay Street in 2013.

Lauren arrives back with her husband Matt (Josef Brown) and their teenage children Mason (Taylor Glockner), Amber (Jenna Rosenow) and Bailey (Calen MacKenzie).

Kendall told TV Week of the new family: "[Lauren and Mark are] a very tactile couple and a very strong family unit. There are also a lot of secrets they have in the family and we'll see those play out.

"The producers were looking to get quite a traditional family in there and hark back to some of those old traditions and family values.

"They're going to be a really charismatic family, but you'll also get some really juicy storylines and that's what the audience will relate to."

She continued: "Bailey's a brain and Amber's the typical teenage girl, and Mason's the smouldering rebellious one."

Lauren was last seen on Neighbours in 1994 with Sarah Vandenbergh playing the part.

Can't believe Sarah is coming back, it's been forever! Can't remember why she left in the end, and why would the character come back? From the pictures I'm sad that her infamous lipliner isn't coming back!

I have no idea who Lauren is, think she was before my time. Who was her mum if Lou is her dad?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Can't believe Sarah is coming back, it's been forever! Can't remember why she left in the end, and why would the character come back? From the pictures I'm sad that her infamous lipliner isn't coming back!

I have no idea who Lauren is, think she was before my time. Who was her mum if Lou is her dad?
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

Steph should go and live with her mother Lyn far away

Lucas deserves better than her

Why is Sarah returning?
    Last edited by tammyy2j; 12-11-2012 at 19:19.

Following lots of reader questions about the new arrivals and returnees heading to Neighbours, we've been supplied with some extra information about the specifics.

The new Turner family, headed up by Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren, are new regular characters for the soap and will make their arrival on Australian screens in early February.

Nicola Charles is back as Sarah Beaumont for six weeks and her return scenes also air in early February in Australia.

Carla Bonner is back as Steph Scully for two months and reappears from March in the Australian airings, while Scott McGregor's shock comeback scenes as Mark Brennan air in April and he'll be back for a month.

The UK airings are expected to remain about a month behind Australia in 2013, so Channel 5 viewers should add on a month for all of the arrivals above.

Some reports have suggested that Sarah will be back on Ramsay Street with two children in tow, but this isn't strictly true. Sarah's dialogue will indeed make reference to the fact that she now has two children, but they don't appear on screen and remain in England where Sarah has been living.

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

some pointless returns

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-11-2012)

Thread Information