Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor (UK) 2013

Thats a shame. All that talent lost....not.

How she lasted this long ill never know

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Katy For This Useful Post:

Brucie (01-03-2013)

Thats a shame. All that talent lost....not.

How she lasted this long ill never know

X Factor producers are reportedly deciding whether to use more classic songs in this year's live shows.

Research carried out by ITV executives is said to suggest that ratings may have dipped due to the finalists performing too many chart hits, reports The Sun.

ITV's surveys allegedly discovered that using modern songs did not attract older viewers.

Christopher Maloney's success on the show was also attributed to his use of mainly classic tunes.

A source explained: "The X Factor is a cool competition, but first and foremost it's a family entertainment show - it has to appeal to all ages.

"Including more songs from the 1970s and 1980s will help it stay connected with mums, dads and grandparents who don't know the latest chart sensation.

"Chris sang songs older viewers could sing along to. He got votes because people figured it would guarantee they heard something they knew each week."

During his run, Maloney performed several songs from over 20 years ago, including Bonnie Tyler's 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' and Heart's 'Alone'.

Simon Cowell is said to be launching a 'back-to-basics' revamp of The X Factor this year, including the return of intimate auditions.

Mel B and Sharon Osbourne are reportedly the frontrunners to replace Tulisa Contostavlos as a judge on the 2013 series.

Noooo, I really can't stand people doing the same boring songs year after year!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

X Factor bosses have reportedly axed the Newcastle auditions from this year's show.

The judges didn't visit Birmingham last year as producers thought the city provided "no memorable talent", but they apparently plan to reverse their decision after disappointing results in Newcastle.

© Rex Features / McPix Ltd
    'X Factor' Liverpool auditions

"Last year's show saw 30,000 fewer wannabes audition than ever before," a source told the Daily Star Sunday.

"Obviously switching Newcastle for Birmingham was a mistake and they're desperate to make sure it doesn't happen again."

Former judge Cheryl Cole comes from Newcastle and won The X Factor a few years ago as a mentor with Geordie Joe McElderry.

"She has a special connection to Newcastle and its talent because of him and because of her roots there. She's not happy about it," the source added.

Simon Cowell has said that he will be taking a more hands-on role on The X Factor this year, as he considers it to be his "baby".

Speaking to Hello! magazine, Cowell revealed that he would be making a return to the ITV show.

"I'm definitely getting more involved and will have a role in the next series... I'm not going to lie - I do miss doing it, because it's like my baby."

The pop music mogul, who quit the panel to work on his US version of the show, saw a slump in viewing figures for last series of the British version of the show: "It's been difficult the last two years not being on the show as I always had a great time and the last time that I did do it, it was such a brilliant year... So at some point of course I'm going to come back and do the show."

News of his return to the show comes after Cowell posted a number of messages on Twitter last week, regarding the upcoming series: "There will be a lot of changes on X factor uk and USA. But good changes. I feel excited for both shows this year."

Simon Cowell has discussed the extent of the changes to be made to The X Factor this year.

The 53-year-old vowed to adapt the format of his ITV show after a decline in ratings over the last two series, with last year's final being the lowest-rated since 2005.

He told the Radio Times: "The format is ten years old and any format that has lasted that long, you have to change the format because the inevitable result is if you don't [the ratings] will go down.

"Every aspect of the show [will be changed] in some particular way. It will look like a slightly different show to one you have seen before.

"My job is to try and make the show better than it was two or three years ago."

The programme's creator also addressed claims that talent shows like The X Factor exploit contestants.

"It happens on every show you make," he explained.

"There is a moment where you feel uncomfortable, but then you look at things with perspective and the truth is, over the years, the show has benefited a lot of people's lives who wouldn't have had an opportunity."

Among this year's changes is the revival of a cappella auditions in front of only the judges - a format that was scrapped in 2009 in favour of a bigger production that saw contestants singing in front of a live audience.

Hopefuls will now experience a 'double audition', first singing in front of just the judges and then progressing to an auditorium performance if they are successful.

Cowell has also revealed that while he won't be returning as a full-time judge, he will make appearances at the live shows via satellite.

Tulisa Contostavlos has confirmed that she won't be returning to The X Factor this year.

The former N-Dubz star, who joined the show in 2011, announced on Twitter that she is leaving after two series to "do something different" and teased that she will be making "a very exciting announcement soon".

"Just wanted to let you all know that I won't be part of the X Factor panel this year," she wrote. "I've had a great time on the show, but this year it's time to do something different.

"I'd like to thank everyone on The X Factor for two amazing years. Stay tuned as I have a very exciting announcement soon!"

Contostavlos has long been rumoured to be replaced by former judge Sharon Osbourne on the next edition of The X Factor.

The 60-year-old was reported earlier this month to have closed a deal estimated at between £1.5 million and £1.8 million to rejoin the panel.

Contostavlos enjoyed a successful first outing on the show in 2011 when her act Little Mix became the first band in X Factor's history to win the show.

However, last year she became the first judge to lose all of her group - the girls - and was generally thought to have been overshadowed by newcomer Nicole Scherzinger.

Louis Walsh confirmed this week that he and Gary Barlow will return to The X Factor for its 10th edition.

Scherzinger is said to still be weighing up whether to commit to the next series or concentrate more on her music career.

Sharon Osbourne, Nicole Scherzinger, Gary Barlow and Louis Walsh have been confirmed as this year's 'X Factor' judges.

ITV have finally ended speculation surrounding who will make up the panel on the 10th series of the show by revealing the 60-year-old star – who was a judge from 2004 to 2007 – will be back, and she can't wait to start her second stint on the programme.

She said: “I couldn’t be happier about coming back for the 10th anniversary of 'X Factor'. I can’t wait to give Gary Barlow a big hug, sit next to the gorgeous Nicole, and of course throw water on dear Louis. Yay!”

Show boss Simon Cowell said: "Three words I never thought I'd say …. Welcome back Sharon!"

Dermot O'Leary will also return to host the show, which will see wannabes having to tackle two sets of auditions in front of the judges for the first time ever.

At first they will require at least three yeses from the four panellists in an intimate audition room and then have to impress them all over again in an arena to prove they can perform in front of an audience.

There had been speculation Nicole – who mentored James Arthur to victory in last year's series – might not be back on the show due to her music commitments, but she has juggled her schedule around and is excited about returning to the panel.

She said: "I had so much fun and such a great experience on the show last year – it far exceeded all my expectations! I always give 110 per cent to all I do and I put everything else on hold to focus on 'X Factor' and supporting my Scherzy boys.

"This year, now that I’ve worked out doing my new music and the show together, I am so excited to get back to the UK, my second home, and get stuck into 'X Factor' 2013!”

Gary added: "It's great to be back for the 10-year anniversary of 'X Factor' and my third year with the show. This year is looking to be our best yet!

"To have a winner like James Arthur last year was a big game changer; I really hope that his authenticity and credibility will attract acts of a similar talent this series and I'm very excited about that.”

Louis will celebrate a record 10th year on the panel and he can't wait to team up with Sharon again.

He said: “I'm back with a vengeance! 10 years on and I'm just as thrilled to be involved in the best show on TV and even more delighted to be re-united with original judge Sharon Osbourne. Let the fun and games commence!”

The judges’ auditions will start on June 4th in Glasgow before visiting Birmingham, Manchester, London and Cardiff. This will be followed by the second stage of judges’ arena auditions in July.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Brucie (22-05-2013)

Last edited by tammyy2j; 22-05-2013 at 14:56.

Thread Information