Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The X Factor (UK) 2013

The X Factor (UK) 2013

X Factor bosses have denied claims that the show will come to an end in 2013.

The statement comes after Sinitta - a long-time friend of executive producer Simon Cowell - claimed that the show will end after its tenth series next year.

"I'm told next year is going to be the last. It'll have been ten years," she told Closer.

However, show sources responded to the comment, hinting that it could carry on for many years yet.

"There are no plans for it to end. It is one of the most successful shows in Britain," an insider is quoted as saying in The Sun.

The X Factor's three-year contract will come to an end in 2013, with negotiations for an extension expected to occur around Christmas.

Simon Cowell was recently reported to have axed this year's X Factor group single.

The X Factor continues with a number ones-themed show on Saturday (November 3) at 8.20pm on ITV1.

Rylan is the favourite now to present/co-present Xtra Factor as Olly Murs is leaving

Olly Murs has revealed that it is not "definite" that he will not return to the The Xtra Factor.

The singer recently said that it was "unlikely" that he will continue to host the spin-off show with Caroline Flack.

"I've never said it was definite that I wasn't going back, just that it was unlikely due to my music," he told The Sun.

"I've enjoyed The Xtra Factor, it's been a great part of my career."

However, he said that he would like to continue working with Flack on future projects.

"We've taken Xtra Factor back up to having millions of viewers, and Caroline and I have a lot of fans," Murs continued.

"It's been brilliant working with her, too. We have such a good relationship on screen. It's always fun and I'd love to do something else with her."

Murs added: "But music is where I want to focus at the moment – but you never know in this game.

"Simon Cowell has a very good way of persuading people to do things. I might yet be back on Xtra Factor."

An X Factor spokesperson recently told Digital Spy: "We'd love Olly to come back for this year's Xtra Factor and we hope we can make it work with his busy schedule."

Speaking to DS himself recently, Murs said that 2013 is "going to be all about music".

Sharon Osbourne has fuelled rumours that she is rejoining The X Factor after meeting with Simon Cowell and Louis Walsh.

The original judges were spotted at the Arts Club in Mayfair, London, last night (February 15), following reports that Osbourne has been approached to make a comeback to the panel.

"The first three series relied solely on genuine British talent and a chemistry between the judges that simply hasn't been there since Sharon left," a source told The Sun.

"By series three, they had produced an international star with Leona Lewis and the show had real credibility.

"Now it's just a circus freak show with the ringmaster trying to pull the strings on the other side of the Atlantic."

Osbourne is thought to have been lined up by producers to replace Tulisa Contostavlos, who is reported to both be facing the axe and planning to quit the ITV show.

Cowell recently held crisis talks for The X Factor, discussing options including a back to basics reboot and Cheryl Cole returning.

He has previously ruled out returning to the UK panel full-time as he focuses on The X Factor USA, which airs on Fox.

Robbie Williams is reportedly being courted by X Factor bosses to join the judging panel.

The 'Candy' singer is said to be ITV producers' number one choice for the 2013 lineup, alongside his Take That bandmate Gary Barlow, according to The Sun.

A source said: "This is the dream team. We have been looking at the show and thinking the unthinkable.

"Robbie is exactly the right person for the show - but we don't want to lose Gary to get him. We want them both. Robbie's people are saying he is too busy to do the show.

"But we worked around Gary when he first joined the panel and he was touring with Take That and it was fine. We know Robbie loves the show and he and Gary have a great friendship and rivalry - there will be fireworks for sure."

Williams's appointment may not mean that Louis Walsh is forced out, as he is said to be close to signing a £750,000 deal to return once again, and producers are reportedly happy to have three men on the panel.

The source added: "Louis's future is as up in the air as it has been in any other year - but if Robbie and Gary do sign it will not necessarily mean curtains for him.

"The producers are relaxed about the gender make-up of the panel. It is all about having big personalities."

The fourth judging spot is expected to be handed to Nicole Scherzinger, with Tulisa Contostavlos recently rumoured to be leaving the show.

Sharon Osbourne has also been linked with a return to the show in recent months.

it needs simon back

Simon Cowell has admitted that he's asked David Bowie to join the X Factor panel.

The 53-year-old TV star said that the 'Heroes' singer has so far refused to accept a judging role, but the offer to join the show's line-up is still open.

Speaking to the Daily Mail, Cowell described Bowie as a "legend" and hinted that he'd approached the singer-songwriter with the suggestion that he sign up as a mentor multiple times.

"It's no secret I've asked him, and he hasn't said yes yet, but I'll keep extending the invitation," he said.

"Why Bowie? He's a legend. He's a great songwriter, he has massive influence on music today and he's 100% credible.

"I'm a fan - not just of his music but of him, the man. He's cool. Most of us aren't. Bowie is."

The music mogul - who gave up his spot on the British judging panel to focus on the US version of the talent contest in 2011 - is rumoured to have axed Tulisa Contostavlos from the forthcoming UK series of The X Factor.

One of the music stars thought to be being lined up as a replacement is Take That singer Robbie Williams.

Cowell is also said to be keen to keep long-standing judge Louis Walsh on the panel and is reportedly willing to "fight tooth and nail" to ensure his return.

David Bowie recently teased the second single from his upcoming album The Next Day.

The music icon posted the artwork for 'The Stars (Are Out Tonight)' on Facebook last weekend. The image was accompanied by the message "02.26.13", suggesting that the track will be released next week.

It needs axeing!! It's completely lost its way,

Tulisa Contostavlos has reportedly been informed that she will not be returning to The X Factor.

The former N-Dubz singer is said to have had a meeting with show producer Richard Holloway on Tuesday (February 26), where she was told of her axe, according to The Sun.

She has allegedly told friends that she is "gutted" over being dropped after two series on the ITV show, especially after winning her first year with Little Mix.

A source said: "To say Tulisa is gutted is an understatement. She's a bit embarrassed to be on the scrapheap when she delivered with Little Mix.

"She's thrown away one of the most high-profile jobs in the industry as well as one of the best paid.

"But she simply wasn't up to scratch last year and Simon Cowell had no real option."

However, an X Factor spokesman claimed that they were just "reviewing the year" at the meeting.

Tulisa was first reported to have been axed from The X Factor last month, but she soon dismissed the rumours on Twitter.

She was said to have been axed by Simon Cowell earlier this month, while he is also hoping to save Louis Walsh.

Mel B has been heavily rumoured to be replacing Tulisa on the judging panel. Nicole Scherzinger is thought to have been offered a new deal.

Robbie Williams has also been linked to a full-time position alongside his Take That bandmate Gary Barlow, who is said to have ended his feud with Simon Cowell in order to return for a third series.

if simon wants i'll join as a judge

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Perdita (28-02-2013)

Thread Information