Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Ste Hay (Kieron Richardson)

Hollyoaks teen Harry Thompson is to become a new love interest for Ste Hay, Digital Spy can exclusively confirm.

The pair will become an item later this year in a move that is bound to spark surprise and heartbreak within the village.

Fans saw the first hints of an attraction between Harry (Parry Glasspool) and Ste (Kieron Richardson) in Tuesday's E4 first look episode as they shared an unexpected moment at Diane O'Connor's flat.

While viewers will have to wait a while for things to develop further, the moment was the beginning of a big new storyline for the characters.

What the plot means for Ste's future with his husband John Paul McQueen remains to be seen, leaving fans to wonder whether Ste and Harry's connection will be a clandestine affair or if Ste and John Paul are heading for a shock split.

Ste and Harry share a moment
    © Lime Pictures

Ste and Harry share a moment
    © Lime Pictures

A Hollyoaks source told Digital Spy: "Harry and Ste get together later this year, but their decision could have huge consequences for a number of characters.

"Ste is best friends with Harry's father Tony, but their friendship may not survive once the relationship gets under way. John Paul and Sinead, who both have strong feelings for Ste, will also no doubt have their own parts to play in the story."

Tuesday's E4 airing saw Harry confide in Ste about his ongoing confusion over his sexuality, admitting that he wasn't ready to tell Tony the truth just yet.

Ste promised to support Harry in the meantime, pointing out that he had been through similar experiences himself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (05-05-2015)

John Paul McQueen and Ste Hay will call time on their short marriage next week following a build-up of problems.

The pair's issues reach a peak as Sinead gives birth to Ste's baby after her waters break at Lindsey and Freddie's wedding.

Although Ste (Kieron Richardson) and John Paul initially take steps to resolve their troubles by making up, they are soon interrupted by the news that Sinead has gone into labour.

When Ste realises that he missed Scott's calls about Sinead due to being preoccupied with John Paul (James Sutton), he is furious and points the blame at his husband.

After Ste later shares a kiss with Sinead as they await the arrival of their baby, he is later forced to face up to the reality of his future with John Paul.

The pair eventually agree that their marriage is over, and Ste is soon supporting Sinead as she gives birth to their baby.

As Ste and Sinead bring their baby back to the flat, she is worried when she discovers he has split with John Paul.

However, a blissfully happy Sinead is reassured when Ste insists he has everything he needs with their new family unit. Where does this leave his future with John Paul?

It was recently confirmed that teenager Harry Thompson would become Ste's new love interest.

Whether you love it or hate it, the 'Starry' pairing has taken centre stage on Hollyoaks lately and Kieron Richardson has now revealed his hopes for the storyline's future.

Richardson's character Ste Hay broke up with his husband John Paul McQueen in the spring and has since played with fire by enjoying a secret affair with teenager Harry Thompson (Parry Glasspool).

Many fans have struggled to accept Ste with other men since his popular partnership with Brendan Brady came to an end in 2013, but Richardson is keeping his fingers crossed that Ste and Harry can build a fanbase of their own.

Speaking to Digital Spy, he explained: "The Ste and Brendan storyline was so popular and so massive, so it's always been a bit of an uphill struggle with every relationship that Ste's had since then. People have always said, 'No, bring back Brendan!'

"They were never really accepting of Doug and they were never really accepting of John Paul. This is the first relationship since where the feedback so far has been on the up a little bit. I'm hoping it can continue like that. It seems like most of the audience are willing for them to get together.

"Emmerdale's Danny Miller has done it twice. He had a really successful on-screen relationship, then left the show, came back in and now has this 'Robron' relationship.

"You can't help but see it! When you're in a gay relationship in a soap, you seem to be all with each other and the fans tag all of your names into the same tweets on Twitter. I see all of the Robron tweets so I think, 'If Danny Miller can do it, so can we!'"

When Ste and John Paul separated a few months ago, they made a promise to meet up in the village on Christmas Day to discuss a possible reunion - one year on from their romantic wedding.

Discussing the possibility, Richardson continued: "Meeting up with John Paul at Christmas keeps getting brought up loads, and it will get a mention. All I can tell you really is that things are happening. Depending on who Ste chooses, his life could go one way or another.

"Everyone likes Ste when he's on a downward spiral, so I'm hoping he goes the bad way! If he goes the nice way he'll be happy and we don't want a happily ever after for Ste - I don't anyway!"

Next week's Hollyoaks episodes will see Ste and Harry play with fire again when they get steamy in a toilet cubicle in a gay bar.

When Harry's father Tony Hutchinson walks in after handing out flyers for his upcoming Hollyoaks Pride event, fans will be left on tenterhooks as they wait to find out how much he sees.

Richardson teased: "It's a massive compromising position! It's Tony's son and his best mate in a cubicle together in a gay club. You'd naturally assume they're together if you saw that. But the outcome of it is actually quite good and quite clever..."

Haven't been seeing enough of Ste Hay on Hollyoaks recently? Fear not, as the show's producers will be remedying the situation this summer.

Kieron Richardson, who plays Ste, has revealed that he has another big storyline ahead later in the year - which will tie in with his troubled character's ongoing addiction issues.

"I've been told a big secret and I'm not allowed to say anything yet, but this storyline is going to push me to my limits as an actor," Richardson told Inside Soap.

"I'm going to be panicking on set every day because it has to be absolutely right. I think it airs in July and it's to do with Ste's addiction.

"It's going to be incredible and I can't wait until we can start talking about it."

Leah and Lucas get under Ste's feet as he tries to tidy up.
    © Lime Pictures
    Richardson also still knows how to keep the 'Stendan' fans happy - heaping praise on the on-screen relationship he used to share with Emmett J Scanlan.

Asked to name his favourite of Ste's love interests, he replied: "I'm not just saying it because the fans will form some sort of lynch mob if I don't, but it's got to be Brendan. He was Ste's first real love and no matter what hurdles they faced, they never gave up on each other.

"If Emmett hadn't left me to become a Hollywood actor, maybe it could have worked out between them!"

Richardson is up for the Best Actor prize on the longlist for the British Soap Awards this year

he is to go to work as a prostitute

Hollyoaks favourite Ste Hay will become hooked on crystal meth in a shock new storyline, Digital Spy can exclusively reveal.

Kieron Richardson has already started filming the latest dark direction for his troubled character, who has previously wrestled with addictions to cocaine and alcohol.

Ste's new enemy Cameron Campbell (Cameron Moore) will be responsible for the surprising twist, offering him the drug in a cunning attempt to send him off the rails again.

Cameron's twisted plan works perfectly as Ste starts to become dependent on the Class A drug, sparking a big plot which will be prominent on screen over the summer.

Speaking exclusively to Digital Spy about the story, Richardson revealed: "There's turmoil coming up for Ste because of his relationship with Harry. We'll see Ste at his lowest ever ebb. Cameron knows that Ste has got addiction problems, so he starts twisting the knife and trying to ruin Ste's life.

"Cameron can see that Ste is on the brink of having a drink when he shouldn't because he's got alcohol problems, or picking up a bag of cocaine. So Cameron offers Ste crystal meth.

"In the past we've tackled so many different sides of Ste's addiction, whether it be alcohol or drugs. But getting hooked on crystal meth is the lowest of the low for him - and it's Cameron's fault because he gets him hooked on it in the first place."

The popular actor has been busy researching the plot - even watching Breaking Bad for the first time to see how crystal meth was portrayed on the hit US show.

Richardson laughed: "Three years ago when Breaking Bad was massive and everyone in the world was watching it, I was like: 'I'm not a sheep! I'm not going to watch it!' But then as soon as I heard about this storyline, I ended up being cocooned in my house, literally watching episode after episode of it.

"I also watched a Louis Theroux documentary called The City Addicted to Crystal Meth. It was really sad - people immerse themselves in the drug and it takes over their lives. It messes with their heads and leads to them making terrible choices."

Crystal meth, known officially as methamphetamine, is a stimulant drug which can make users feel exhilarated, alert and awake.

The drug is highly addictive and carries a number of risks, including lowered inhibitions, increased heart rate and increased blood pressure. In more serious cases, there have been reports of crystal meth causing psychosis and brain damage.

Speaking further about how the storyline came about, Richardson added: "It's a collaboration. I had a meeting about what Ste would be getting up to, but it's great when they want your input as well. I was asked what I've most enjoyed doing over the whole time at Hollyoaks - and I think the addiction story has been great.

"We decided that we wanted to push Ste right down to the ground again, so the next step was to go back into the addiction issues but focus on something that he hasn't done before. We also wanted to make it someone else's choice rather than his own, with Cameron being the influence here."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Kieron has made it onto the shortlist for Best Actor at the British Soap Awards this year and votes can be cast via the ceremony's official website here.

Digital Spy

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-05-2016)

the show is ste overload, need to write him out for a long rehab stint

Quote Originally Posted by lizann View Post
    the show is ste overload, need to write him out for a long rehab stint
    He's the reasons I don't watch anymore, it's basically become Steoaks

is it a tumour he has, why the blackouts?

Does anyone know if Ste and John Paul ever get a divorce?

Thread Information