Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruby Button

Ruby discovers who Ziggy slept with (Frankie) and plots horrible revenge

Hollyoaks' Ruby Button will seek revenge against boyfriend Ziggy Roscoe after discovering that he has cheated on her.

As reported at the weekend, Ruby (Anna Shaffer) is in for a shock when she learns that Ziggy has been having a fling with her guardian Frankie Osborne.

After breaking up with Ziggy, a scheming Ruby decides to get even by fooling him into thinking that he has been hired as the new face of a fragrance.

Ruby even organises a fake TV commercial shoot as she sets Ziggy up for a fall.

Fabrizio Santino, who plays Ziggy, told All About Soap: "He's always fancied himself as a model. He runs straight to Sandy to tell her he's got a real commercial - little does he know Ruby has set the whole thing up to get her own back on him!

"Ziggy thinks it's gone like a dream. The director says he's a natural. But of course, Ruby's in the wings laughing her head off."

Ruby later plays the embarrassing footage publicly at The Dog, wanting to humiliate Ziggy.

Santino continued: "Ziggy's gutted, but in some ways he still considers himself to be famous because he's on a screen! If he's going to be humiliated, then it's not such a bad way to do it. Ruby really wants to hate Ziggy, but she can't bring herself to. He wants her back as well, because she's still his sweetheart."

Meanwhile, show bosses are also lining up a surprise friendship for Ziggy and newcomer Leela Lomax (Kirsty-Leigh Porter).

Santino said: "Him and Leela are going to become great friends, so I've been told. I think she's going to bring out a different side to Ziggy and show he's not just a hunter who's interested in getting girls into bed. He can also be a good mate."

Hollyoaks' Ruby Button will seek revenge against boyfriend Ziggy Roscoe after discovering that he has cheated on her.

As reported at the weekend, Ruby (Anna Shaffer) is in for a shock when she learns that Ziggy has been having a fling with her guardian Frankie Osborne.

After breaking up with Ziggy, a scheming Ruby decides to get even by fooling him into thinking that he has been hired as the new face of a fragrance.

Ruby even organises a fake TV commercial shoot as she sets Ziggy up for a fall.

Fabrizio Santino, who plays Ziggy, told All About Soap: "He's always fancied himself as a model. He runs straight to Sandy to tell her he's got a real commercial - little does he know Ruby has set the whole thing up to get her own back on him!

"Ziggy thinks it's gone like a dream. The director says he's a natural. But of course, Ruby's in the wings laughing her head off."

Ruby later plays the embarrassing footage publicly at The Dog, wanting to humiliate Ziggy.

Santino continued: "Ziggy's gutted, but in some ways he still considers himself to be famous because he's on a screen! If he's going to be humiliated, then it's not such a bad way to do it. Ruby really wants to hate Ziggy, but she can't bring herself to. He wants her back as well, because she's still his sweetheart."

Meanwhile, show bosses are also lining up a surprise friendship for Ziggy and newcomer Leela Lomax (Kirsty-Leigh Porter).

Santino said: "Him and Leela are going to become great friends, so I've been told. I think she's going to bring out a different side to Ziggy and show he's not just a hunter who's interested in getting girls into bed. He can also be a good mate."

'Hollyoaks' Anna Shaffer on Ruby exit: 'I want a fresh start'

Hollyoaks star Anna Shaffer has spoken for the first time about her decision to leave the show, promising a "fitting ending" for her character Ruby Button.

Last month, it was revealed that Shaffer will depart the Channel 4 soap early next year as her current contract comes to an end.

Ruby has been on screen since 2011 and has been central to a number of the show's teen storylines, including last year's bus crash stunt and the tragic bullying of Esther Bloom.

Speaking to Digital Spy about moving on from the programme, Shaffer explained: "I've loved my time at Hollyoaks and playing Ruby, but I've just got itchy feet and I want a new, fresh beginning. Obviously we film up in Liverpool and I miss London, my parents, my brother and my boyfriend, so I'm ready for a change but I'll be really sad to leave.

"I've still got a couple of months of filming left to go. I finish at the end of January, so there's still a whole lot of Ruby to come."

Discussing the plans for her exit plot, she continued: "I don't know everything yet, but I do know roughly what's going to happen. I think it's a fitting end for Ruby and I'm very excited and happy with it."

Although a number of cast members have left Hollyoaks in recent months, the programme has introduced new faces and this week achieved its highest Channel 4 rating of the year. E4's first look figures are also well up on 2012.

Shaffer added: "I'm glad that I'm leaving the show when it's on such a high. It's in such an amazing place. Since I've been here, there's definitely been ups and downs with the ratings but I'm so proud of the show as it is now.

"I feel really happy to leave it at this point because I know that it's just going to go from strength to strength. I probably will be watching a bit jealous saying, 'I wish I was there! What are the Osbornes up to?'"

On her future plans, she concluded: "I'm just going to see what's out there. I'm going to have a really long lie-in - the longest lie-in ever! Then I'm just going to see what's next. I'm a mixture of scared and excited."
    Last edited by Perdita; 23-11-2013 at 10:50.

Hollyoaks fans can expect more fireworks for the Osborne family this week as Ruby Button discovers that her boyfriend Ziggy Roscoe is having a fling with her guardian Frankie.

The drama kicks off after Ziggy and Frankie sleep together again, only to be caught out by some incriminating video footage and misplaced underwear…

Digital Spy recently caught up with Anna Shaffer, who plays Ruby, to hear how her character reacts to the betrayal.

Are you enjoying portraying the Ruby and Ziggy relationship?
    "I am, actually. Ruby's had a few different relationships since being in the village, but I think being with Ziggy has been a lot more fun for her. There's also a different dynamic because Ziggy is a little bit older than Ruby, so she's suddenly feeling like a nervous schoolgirl all over again. That's been quite fun to play and I really enjoy working with Fab [Santino], who plays Ziggy."

What are your thoughts on them as a couple?
    "I think they are quite a good match, but with Ziggy it's a case of, 'Once a cheat, always a cheat'. He finds it so hard to change his ways for Ruby, even though he wants to. When they're good as a couple, they're great, but when they're not so good, they're awful! Maybe ultimately they're not meant to be together, even though they'd really like to make it work."

Next week, Ruby gets a nasty surprise when Peri shows her a video of Ziggy climbing out of The Dog half-naked! How does she react to his cheating?
    "Ruby feels really gutted. It's not been the easiest road with Ziggy, but up until now she's learned to trust him, so this comes from nowhere and is a real shock. It's one of those moments where it feels like your heart's about to jump out of your mouth because you can't believe what's happening. Ruby is really devastated."

What happens when Ruby confronts Ziggy?
    "He puts on the Ziggy charm and says, 'Of course nothing happened - it's nothing like that'. He manages to convince Ruby that he was just waiting for her to come home from college so they could have a romantic moment alone, but Frankie found him and chucked him out. Even though it does sound quite far-fetched, it does make sense in a way because it's the kind of thing that Ziggy would do! He manages to talk her round."

Ruby later finds Frankie's underwear in her room, which confirms all of her suspicions… Who is she most angry with - Frankie or Ziggy?
    "She's fuming at both of them, but I think it's more Frankie. It's such a huge level of betrayal and she can't believe that Frankie would do something like that to her. Since Ruby has joined the village and become part of the Osborne family, it's not always been easy. Obviously there was a lot of drama last year with the bullying storyline, but I think Ruby has now found her place in the family.

"To have someone she's so close to betray her in such a horrible way is something she doesn't know how to deal with. She can't quite get her head around it, because it's such a horrible thing to do."

Is Ruby's main reaction anger or is she upset?
    "Hopefully it's quite varied. Initially it's quite a subtle reaction from Ruby because she's so shocked to begin with. Once it's all sunk in, she's really gunning for Frankie…"

Ruby orders Frankie to tell Jack the truth. Would Ruby have mixed feelings about destroying the Osbornes' marriage, though?
    "That's the main problem here. Ruby wants to tell Jack and for everyone to know what Frankie has done to her. I guess she wants people to feel sorry for her and understand why she's so angry. But Ruby is really torn because if Jack does find out, it will destroy the Osborne family. There's so much other stuff going on, too - Tom's still missing and they've been through so much as a family with Darren and Nancy being separated.

"If the truth comes out, it will send the Osbornes back to square one, and causing that would be a big burden for Ruby to carry. But really she shouldn't be feeling like that, because it's Frankie who has caused the problem."

Ruby gets revenge on Ziggy by conning him into thinking that he's the new face of a fragrance! Are you glad she fights back?
    "Definitely! The viewers have seen how Ziggy can totally sweet-talk his way out of anything with Ruby. After he's got away with so much, this is the first chance you get to see Ruby say, 'Hang on a minute - I know the truth, I'm not falling for your lies and I'm going to pay you back big time!' Hopefully the girls will be cheering Ruby on when they watch it."

Are we going to see more of Ruby's friendship with Holly?
    "Yes, definitely. You really see how their friendship develops. They've got a lot in common after their boyfriends Jono and Callum died, so it's something they can both relate to. They both have blossoming romances with Roscoe boys too, so they've got that in common as well.

"I love Amanda [Clapham] in real life, too - I think she makes a great Holly and she's a brilliant addition to the cast. It's a testament to her talent that they've given her big storylines to jump into the show with. I'm really looking forward to seeing more from her."

How did you feel about being part of the 'sexting' story last week?
    "It was a really great storyline to be a part of. I think we've really enjoyed working on something very topical, as it's important for our younger viewers to know this is happening. If 'sexting' has gone wrong for people in real life, hopefully we're showing that you don't have to go through it alone, people will be dealt with and there's a way to get over it."

Are you looking forward to what's next for Ruby? We've heard rumours of some slightly darker stuff coming up…
    "I am really excited with what's coming. I hope the audience enjoy watching Ruby as much as I enjoy playing her, and I think the great thing about her is that she has so many different layers. What's coming up with the darker side should be really interesting for viewers to watch, so I just hope everyone enjoys it."

Last edited by tammyy2j; 26-11-2013 at 00:56.

she looks to be dead now from her cocaine binging

she returns for frankie's funeral

Thread Information