Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanessa Woodfield

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    I wish the baby was Kirin but I think you are right.
    I think from interview with the actress - she would
    like Kirin to be father as well- thinks it will make
    better storyline !!

Quote Originally Posted by Serena Williams View Post
    I wish the baby was Kirin but I think you are right.
    I think from interview with the actress - she would
    like Kirin to be father as well- thinks it will make
    better storyline !!

adam must tell moira if she gets involved

Emmerdale's Vanessa Woodfield will grow closer to her ex-boyfriend Kirin Kotecha next week after she discovers that it was his father Rakesh who gave her the large sum of money.

Upcoming scenes will see Vanessa (Michelle Hardwick) accuse Kirin of anonymously putting £10,000 through her letterbox, but viewers know that Rakesh is actually the mystery benefactor.

After realising that Kirin was not responsible, Vanessa's suspicious turn to her estranged father and she decides to pay him a visit.

But when he realises something is bothering Vanessa, Kirin (Adam Fielding) offers his support and she confides in him about the money she believes was sent by her father.

Later, as Vanessa decides she isn't ready to face her father, Kirin explains the situation to Rakesh, prompting him to feel increasingly guilty about his lies.

Vanessa soon discovers that it was actually Rakesh who gave her the money, and she confides in Carly about Rakesh paying her off in order to keep Kirin at bay.

Vanessa goes to find Kirin and admits it was Rakesh who gave her the money
    © ITV

As they chat, Carly has a different take on the situation to Vanessa and states that Kirin must really love Vanessa in order for Rakesh to have done that.

With Carly's words ringing in her ear, Vanessa tells Kirin the truth about his father's role in the money, prompting a furious Kirin to pack his bags and move back in with Vanessa.

Finally alone together, Kirin and Vanessa discuss their future and Kirin admits that he is still in love with her. However, he explains that he cannot face raising Adam's child, leaving the couple to ponder whether they can truly give their relationship another go.

Meanwhile, following the family fallout, Priya tries to persuade Rakesh to come clean and tell Kirin that he is the father - but will he listen?

Priya is determined for Rakesh to tell Kirin the truth himself.
    © ITV
    Priya is determined for Rakesh to tell Kirin

Emmerdale airs these scenes next week on ITV.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

KiwiMonkey (30-06-2015), maidmarian (30-06-2015)

Emmerdale spoilers: Vanessa Woodfield gives birth to prematurely following a fall
    By Sophie Dainty
    Tuesday, Sep 1 2015, 00:13 BST

Emmerdale's Vanessa Woodfield will give birth to her baby prematurely next week after she suffers a fall at Kirin and Belle's business launch.

Vanessa will delight her former boyfriend Kirin by going along to the factory to support his new venture, but the day takes a worrying turn when Kirin caches Jai Sharma snorting cocaine.

As Jai kicks off, Vanessa is pushed to the ground

© ITV
    Vanessa is pushed to the ground

Paranoid, Jai soon creates a scene in front of everybody, but it is Vanessa who gets caught in the crossfire when she is pushed to the floor.

Although Vanessa initially believes she is unharmed, she is later thrown into a panic when she realises she is going into labour.

Kirin is by Vanessa's side as she gives birth to her baby, but it is then touch and go as to whether the newborn will survive.

Kirin is concerned for Vanessa

© ITV
    Kirin is concerned for Vanessa

Michelle Hardwick, who plays Vanessa, said: "Kirin doesn't leave her side, he is with her and she needs him at that point.

"The baby is very premature and you will have to tune in and wait and see what happens. It is not 100 per cent alright and it is a really worrying time for everybody.

Speaking about filming the birth scenes, Hardwick said: "I have never had a child so I did a lot of youtubing watching various clips and videos. I wanted to find the right balance."

The doctor tells Vanessa that they want her to progress naturally through labour

© ITV
    Vanessa goes into labour

"I was quite naive and I thought maybe because it is so premature, it wouldn't hurt as much because the baby is smaller, but obviously that is not correct at all.

"I did my research on that and it was a long day in that hospital bed. They are some of the most challenging scenes I have ever done but I loved it.

Hardwick also revealed that there will be huge repercussions when the truth about Vanessa's baby's paternity is finally revealed.

Vanessa is terrified as Adam and Kirin try to provide emotional support

© ITV
    Vanessa goes into labour

She added: "It has so many repercussions. Moira and James think they are grandparents and you've got Adam and Victoria playing new parents too. But really, none of them are related at all.

"Then you have Rakesh and Priya - who would have thought Priya would have kept this a secret? Especially with the baby being born so prematurely and there being so much worry. I am really excited for it."

Emmerdale airs Vanessa's birth scenes on Thursday September 10 and Friday September 11.

Read more at http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...ng-a-fall.html

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Telly Watcher For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (01-09-2015)

Emmerdale's Michelle Hardwick opens up on post natal depression storyline

The soap star reveals the twists in the road for Vanessa Woodfield and her premature baby Johnny.

After a one-night-stand with Adam led to an unexpected pregnancy, Vanessa Woodfield has found herself mother to a premature baby so poorly that she can’t even hold him. And racked with guilt, the new mum is hiding a secret: she hasn’t bonded with baby Johnny, and can barely stand to be in the hospital.

A mother’s guilt

Johnny, who is confined to an incubator after being born at just 26 weeks, is due for a major operation next week – and Vanessa is feeling “massive guilt”, says Michelle Hardwick, who’s played the character since 2012.

“She's not been able to touch Johnny, hold him to her, and she's just not coping at all right now,” the actress explains. “I think she feels very guilty, she sort of blames herself – like it's her fault he came early. She's blaming herself that she couldn't look after him whilst he was inside her, so she's carrying a huge, huge amount of guilt.”

Vanessa also feels too ashamed and scared to seek help.

“She’s feeling numb, and it's scaring the heck out of her,” admits Hardwick, 39. “She's definitely showing signs of post-natal depression after the research that I've done, and I spoke to a few women that have had it.”

Back to work

Looking for a distraction, and an escape from the hospital, Vanessa is desperate to get back to working at the vet’s. But sympathetic Paddy and Rhona want to give her time with Johnny - exactly what she doesn’t want.

“She's eager to get back to work so that she can actually avoid spending time at the hospital,” Hardwick explains. “Even just saying that, it sounds awful, horrendous, but that is her way of coping at the moment. She wants to brush it under the carpet by turning up at work, saying: 'I'm here! No it's fine! Adam's with the baby today', when actually she's probably telling a few fibs, just to try and avoid being there.”

Shared parenthood

While Vanessa is struggling to adjust to motherhood, Adam is thriving as a father.

“Adam has taken to being a father like a duck to water,” says Hardwick. “She's [Vanessa] very jealous of how Adam has bonded with Johnny. But they're getting by.”

Adam has girlfriend Victoria to support him and fuss over Johnny, and when a nurse mistakes Victoria for the baby’s mother, it’s a dagger in the heart for Vanessa.

“That actually tips Vanessa over the edge,” Hardwick reveals. “Because Victoria is playing the doting step-mum role alongside Adam, she's very jealous of how Victoria looks at Johnny and how she is with the baby. She snaps at Victoria, and unfortunately Victoria does take the brunt of quite a bit of an outburst.”

The real father

Vanessa is convinced that the baby is Adam’s, but fans of the ITV soap already know that Kirin is actually the true father. His dad Rakesh is keeping the secret under wraps, having doctored the DNA test results – and both Vanessa and Kirin have been left in the dark.

Unfortunately Kirin, convinced Vanessa is no longer interested in him, is focusing on life with Belle - something which only adds to her pain. “She's bumping into them, seeing that they're making a go of things, and deep down inside, it is hurting her, because she still does love Kirin,” Hardwick confesses. “He was around for the birth, and he was looking after her.”

Custody woes

But could a custody battle force Rakesh’s hand? When Vanessa eventually secretly confides in best friend Rhona that she isn’t coping, Rhona goes straight to Adam with the low-down.

Adam, not realising that he isn’t Johnny’s biological father, starts to make plans.

“He starts to think along the lines of: right well, if she's given up on our son already, I'm certainly not; what route can I go down as to custody rights?” notes Hardwick.

And when Adam asks Rakesh for advice about it, Rakesh is fearful that his lies might come crashing down on him.

Will the father’s true identity be revealed – or will Rakesh come up with a plan to hide the truth? Stay tuned to find out…

Source:
    http://tv.bt.com/tv/tv-soap/emmerdal...11364008470681

Vanessa deserved a slap tonight

It’s been a ticking timebomb for months – to the point that frustrated viewers have almost been pulling their hair out waiting for the big reveal.

But as 2016 kicks off, life is about to change forever for Vanessa Woodfield, Kirin Kotecha and Adam Barton as the truth about baby Johnny’s paternity is finally exposed.

Thanks to scheming Rakesh tampering with the DNA results, everyone is under the impression that Johnny is Adam’s son – but in actual fact, the bundle of joy was actually fathered by Kirin.

Vanessa’s suspicions are raised when she spots a unique mark on Johnny’s body – which leads her to carry out another DNA test with very different results.

Will there be some explosive drama as Adam and Kirin find out? Oh, you bet. Metro.co.uk recently chatted to the three central actors involved – Michelle Hardwick (Vanessa), Adam Fielding (Kirin) and Adam Thomas (Adam) – here’s what they had to say about the explosive start to 2016 in Emmerdale:

Is it a big relief to know that finally we’re going to know the truth?

Michelle: Yes, I think it is. It will be a huge relief I think. For Vanessa, she’s still got Johnny, although at this point she’s still not fully bonded with him. We hope that she will get there in time. And who knows, this might be the time when she does find out it’s Kirin’s. I think the person it’s going to hit the hardest is Adam Barton. It will turn his life upside down. I don’t know how Kirin’s going to feel when he realises he’s the dad.

Adam F: It’s come at a good time. The stakes have allowed through time to get higher. But people are wanting it and are invested in it so it’s exciting to see that

When Kirin hears the news, is it just total shock?

Adam F: Yeah, just gobsmacked. I read it recently and was trying to put myself as a human being in that situation and I think one of the things that must go through his mind is, why would you believe anything anyone’s saying? It’s just crazy.

And also, people are aware of it before he’s aware of it. They’re all anticipating his reaction and he’s like: ‘What the hell’s going on?’ I’m thinking about it more and more but I think it’s just absolute pure shock. What would a human being do? There’s so much going on, he’s just still. I think that’s what it comes down to.

Vanessa’s struggled to bond with the baby, how have you found working with the baby?

Michelle: I love working with him. Obviously you’re scared holding other people’s babies anyway and I’ve not got kids – you think: ‘Oh my goodness, am I holding him right?’ I’ve had him this morning and I’ve just had two weeks off work and he’s just grown in those weeks! He’s absolutely beautiful. He gets a bit grizzly when he’s tired and when he’s hungry, but it’s fine because I’ve been working with Adam and he’s like that, so it’s just the same really!

Adam F: I thought you meant Adam Thomas for a second and then it clicked and I was like: ‘You what?!’

Could you tell us about when she finds a patch on Johnny?

Michelle: “She’s changing his nappy or whatever and all of a sudden on his tailbone there’s a mark. She’s with Rhona and Carly at the time and thinks: ‘Oh my God, what’s that?’ She thinks it’s a bruise and then she panics, saying: ‘That’s not me, I’ve not hurt him, I’ve not touched him’. Because she thinks she’s a bad mum anyway so she thinks everyone will blame her. Carly suggests they call the midwife in.

Do Vanessa and Kirin still love each other?

Michelle: I think for Vanessa, she’s never stopped loving him. But with everything that she’s gone through, she’s put him up on a shelf somewhere. But I think the feelings have never ever gone.

Adam F: The more I see them on screen together and the more I see the way we work together, they’re just good for each other and right for each other. I just think that Kirin does love Vanessa because they just look good together. They just mingle well.

Adam T: Who, me and you?

Adam F: Yeah, me and you are in love, mate!

Do you think Kirin will be willing to step up and be a dad or will he run away from it all?

Adam F: I think he’s going to seriously try. Through the whole thing he’s always wanted a little bit of it to be his and has accepted that it wasn’t. I think it’s in his nature as well, he’s motivated to try. He’s not going to want to do what his dad’s done to him, he’s going to want to be everything for baby Johnny.

Adam’s not happy about this news is he?

Adam T: He’s not happy, no. Because he didn’t expect it, it was hard for him to get his head round at first, but now he’s finally got his head round it and he doesn’t see anything else apart from his son. He wants to be there for his son. James wasn’t there for him, he wasn’t really his dad and he let him off on his own. He just wants to be there and has given everything. Vanessa was going through a hard time and he just wants everything to be alright for his son.

Michelle: And Adam was so supportive throughout the whole way. And Victoria, for a young girl…

Adam T: For her to take that on, it’s massive.

Adam’s love for baby Johnny is still there, even though he’s not the dad. Is that what he struggles with?

Adam T: Completely, because in his eyes, he’s his dad and that’s his son. For someone to take that away from him, I don’t know how anyone could deal with that. I’ve got a son of my own and I can’t imagine anyone turning around to me and saying: ‘He’s not yours’. It’s going to be hard to play, but hopefully I’ll do it justice. It’s going to be a massive thing for Adam definitely.

He loses the plot a little bit, doesn’t he?

Adam T: He goes off the rails a little bit, yeah – as per, as you do in soap! I don’t know how far it’s going to go. I’ve not really read that far yet.

Might Adam take the baby and run off?

Adam T: Maybe, we’ll just have to wait and see!

Do you think Adam will still want to be involved in Johnny’s life, whatever happens?

Adam T: I’d like to think so, yeah – because he does love him, do you know what I mean? I don’t think that will ever change, but obviously he’s got to give some way for Kirin because he is the dad and it’s going to be hard for him. I’d like to see what happens between Kirin and Adam really, and if it comes to blows, anything like that. I think it’d be interesting.

Adam F: I think Adam is the biggest victim in it, out of the whole thing. Like you just said, you’ve got a son in real life and if that was taken away… if someone did that. The stakes are high for Adam’s character.

Michelle: It’s his world that’s turned upside-down the most.

Are you looking forward to filming a big showdown with Pasha Bocarie (Rakesh) when it all comes out?

Michelle: Oh yeah, I think it’ll be great. I don’t know how, but it’ll be fantastic. I’m sure we’ll all be there.

Adam T: I hope I get to lay him out!

How would Vanessa feel towards Priya who – as a woman and a mum – knew the truth and didn’t say anything?

Michelle: I don’t know if she’ll go ballistic or if it’ll just be despair: How on earth could you do something like that as a mum? How could you, especially when they were in the hospital? I think Vanessa might just think, ‘Look we’ve got to start afresh now, no more shouting, everything’s out in the open. Let’s just all move on and try and be the family that we haven’t been’. She might go down that route, who knows? If it was me she’d be on the floor!

Would you like the baby to bring Vanessa and Kirin back together?

Michelle: Yeah I think so. Like Adam said, we worked well as a little unit, him and me – we had laughs and stuff.

Adam T: Who do you like working with better now?

Michelle: Normally he says who’s the best kisser!

Adam T: That’s no competition, do you know what I mean?! [Laughs.]

Michelle: So we’ll just move on!

This is a fantastic storyline, are you happy to have it Adam?

Adam T: Any storyline I’m happy to have, to be honest with you! It’s just nice to be able to get your teeth into something like this. It’s a great storyline and to be involved with these two actors, it’s a privilege so I’m over the moon.

What’s it going to mean for Adam and Victoria’s relationship?

Adam T: She’s stuck by him through this whole thing, so I think she’s going to stick by him again. She’s got to be there for him. Secretly she’s probably buzzing. I mean you would be, wouldn’t you? But I think she’s definitely going to stick with him. They’re massively in love and they’re husband and wife now. So they’ve gone through a lot at such an early stage. I hope she sticks by me anyway because I like working with Izzy and she’s a good kisser as well!

Will this blow Kirin and Rakesh’s relationship apart?

Adam F: I hope so – surely. You can’t do that! You can’t… well you can move on from that, but come on now – that is ridiculous behaviour. I’ve always said this as well. If you saw that on Sky News… you know, you sign out of Hotmail and it comes up on MSN News: ‘Lawyer doctored results’. You’d read it and go: ‘This guy’s off his nut. That lawyer is mental. This is crazy. What must the son be going through?’ If I was Kirin and I had a dad like Rakesh and I found that out, you can’t… surely no! Who knows? You’re not going to have a steak with him by the Saturday, surely?

Rakesh might say he did it for Kirin’s benefit…

Adam F: Of course he’ll say that. He’ll give him all of that. He’s right in his own eyes – everyone’s right in their own eyes. But he was wrong to do it and Kirin’s no fool, really. If anything, it’s just going to be a motivating factor to go and do better for Johnny. So I don’t think he’ll ever go past Rakesh’s reasoning, because I don’t think Kirin cares enough about the values that Rakesh cares about in terms of work. Kirin doesn’t move like that, he’s more emotional in terms of his approach to humans.”

Will Kirin want revenge? Technically he could get his dad struck off as a lawyer.

Adam F: Yeah maybe, he’s shown that history before hasn’t he? It could be good, he could do something like that. That’s still an option.

What are you doing for New Year?

Michelle: New Year’s Eve, back to mine, back to my aunty’s and we have a massive Hardwick family party. That’s mine – same thing every year.

Adam T: At New Year, a bit of partying I reckon. I might go away – I’m not going to tell you where. Yeah I don’t know, I might see what happens, I don’t know yet.

Adam F: I never liked New Year – it’s stupid innit? We always put nibbles out and we’ll always put BBC or ITV… ITV countdown on!! Is it the BBC countdown or ITV? We’ll watch that, but by the end of it we’ll just end up watching a film. There’s usually grapes out.

Adam T: I thought you meant Countdown the show and thought what a boring New Year’s Eve!

Adam F: New Year’s is always boring though. I’ve always had a boring New Year. Nothing goes on at New Year’s.

What New Year’s resolutions are you planning to make?

Michelle: I don’t because I always break them, so what’s the point?

Adam T: Just to learn my lines to be honest with you.

Adam F: “I don’t have them for the opposite reason – just be better, stronger, faster, hungrier, that’s it, always, every day. There is no resolution, that’s it, that’s the attitude.

Opinion Poll: "Should Kirin and Vanessa get back together?"

YES - They're meant to be 89%
    NO - They're not suited 11%

Read more at:
    http://metro.co.uk/2015/12/23/emmerd...ealed-5554842/

I am now conflicted a part of me wants Vanessa and Kirin together but another part of me feels he should be with someone his own age like Belle. I also think Vanessa should be with Pete Barton.

Emmerdale's Vanessa Woodfield will make a very surprising move next week, as she sabotages an attempt to give Rakesh Kotecha his long-awaited comeuppance.
    Vanessa's life has been turned upside-down thanks to Rakesh (Pasha Bocarie), after the scheming lawyer tampered with the results of a DNA test that she'd arranged for her baby son Johnny.
    With the whole truth now out and everyone aware that Rakesh's son Kirin is the real father, thoughts in the village turn to possible payback next week.
    Kirin (Adam Fielding) confides in Vanessa by vowing that it's time Rakesh faced the music, but she has other ideas and ruins his plans when the police turn up to ask questions about what happened.
    Michelle Hardwick, who plays Vanessa, revealed: "Vanessa thinks they've all been through so much already. Johnny has already got one granddad in prison - Vanessa's dad. Although she doesn't want Rakesh to have anything to do with them at the moment - at least until they've got over what he's done - she doesn't want to see him in prison either.
    "Vanessa just wants a new year and a new start for all of them. I don't think she wants revenge - certainly not by that route. She might think that just stopping Rakesh and Priya from seeing their grandchild is revenge enough. But she certainly doesn't want to involve the police."
    Expressing surprise over Vanessa's mild reaction, Hardwick laughed: "I would be totally the opposite. I'd get Rakesh struck off and I'd have the police on him like a ton of bricks! I would absolutely not let him get away with it - but that's just me! Vanessa's so much nicer than me!
    "She's got a good head on her shoulders and she's a good friend to everyone. But I certainly would not turn a blind eye to that."
    With Vanessa keen to move on and the truth starting to sink in for everyone, could it be that 2016 will be a more blissful year for the unlucky vet?
    Hardwick said: "Well it'd be really nice if it was! I think Vanessa deserves a little bit of happiness and stability after the year she's had. It'd be quite nice if she could just have a happy family, keep her involvement at the vets and be a friend to everyone. Of course it's soap and that's not going to happen, but we'll have to watch this space."

Thread Information