Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vanessa Woodfield

dom and gemma move in with vanessa and she and dom get together supposedly

I don't care about Vanessa, Gemma and Dom ... Vanessa is ok in small doses but I certainly have not taken to Gemma and Dom

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (07-01-2014)

I think Vanessa is confused about her sexuality, so I don't see her getting together with Dom.

Emmerdale star Michelle Hardwick has revealed that there is a new romance storyline ahead for her character Vanessa Woodfield.

Vanessa is currently single, but will be hoping for a chance of happiness when the story begins in the coming weeks.

Hardwick told Digital Spy: "It's going to get a little bit more busier for Vanessa on screen in the summer, so watch this space! Hopefully there's going to be a nice love interest for her."

Asked whether the character in question will be an existing regular or a newbie, she replied: "I can't say just yet, you'll have to wait and see!"

Last year, viewers saw Vanessa fall for her best friend Rhona Goskirk (Zoe Henry) as she supported her through a painkiller addiction.

Despite some confusion over her sexuality, Vanessa has since decided that she wants to find a man.

Rhona offends Vanessa.
    © ITV
    Rhona and Vanessa in Emmerdale

Hardwick added: "When Vanessa initially came in, I thought she was going to be straight anyway - but then they threw the curveball in of Vanessa falling in love with Rhona.

"That was great and it was interesting to play, but I think they have gone down the route now that she's going to be straight. But hey, who knows? Watch this space."

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

helena1414 (09-06-2014), maidmarian (09-06-2014)

Who could it be, Dan's brother or maybe it is Andy as
    Andy Sudgen (Kelvin Fletcher) will also face a challenging time when he suffers a potentially life-threatening injury. Andy's injury will have a massive impact on his romance with Bernice Blackstock, but she may not be the person he leans on and he could find support elsewhere

Emmerdale vet Vanessa Woodfield is left shaken next week as she realises that she has a lump on her breast.

Vanessa's teenage boyfriend Kirin Kotecha (Adam Fielding) makes the discovery as they enjoy a cosy moment on the sofa, which prompts her to get checked out by a doctor.

Here, Michelle Hardwick - who plays Vanessa - explains why her character's romance with Kirin hits the rocks as the health scare plays out.

Next week we see Vanessa trying to cover up her birthday! How old is she?
    "People have said to me before, 'How old is Vanessa?' but we've never actually put an age on her until now. I'm 39 in real life and I've always thought she was probably just a little bit younger - maybe 34 or 35. Then I got these scripts through and it was Vanessa's 39th birthday, so she's exactly the same age as me! It's just made the age gap between her and Kirin even bigger in my head!"

Is Vanessa feeling sensitive about her age?
    "Well, she ignores the fact that it's her birthday. She gets texts through from Leyla, Rhona and Paddy, but every time her phone buzzes, she tries to hide it. Later, Vanessa is all ready to go out with Rhona when Kirin arrives and says, 'Happy birthday'. He's found out as he's got all of the birthday cards that have come through the post!

"Vanessa admits that she doesn't want to be another year older and expand their age gap even more, but Kirin insists that it doesn't matter - the age gap is nothing because what they have is real."

When does Kirin find the lump in Vanessa's breast?
    "It's the day after her birthday. Rhona takes Vanessa out on her birthday evening and the next day she goes into work and finds out that Kirin has booked the day off for her. He takes her out for brunch, they get back and Vanessa suggests she is ready for her afters! (Laughs.)

"They just have a nice little smooch on the couch, but then Kirin finds the lump and freezes. Vanessa worries that her age has suddenly hit him, but he feels it again and says, 'Do you ever check yourself out? I think I felt something'."

How does Vanessa react?
    "Vanessa checks herself upstairs, feels the lump herself and then she goes down and tells Kirin that it's a cyst, he shouldn't worry and she's had hundreds of those before. She makes an excuse to leave and goes straight to find Rhona, saying 'I need you to come and see this'. Rhona says, 'No way, you've got to go to the doctors'.

"Vanessa does go to the doctors and he says that he needs to refer her for further tests. Afterwards, Rhona tells Vanessa that she's got to tell Kirin. Vanessa doesn't know how he'll react, because he is 17 at the end of the day. Beforehand she's always insisted that Kirin is so mature and doesn't act like a 17-year-old, but ultimately something like this is so huge. She wonders if he'll be able to handle it if it is something serious. She also worries that he'll feel trapped - she doesn't want him to stay with her out of any moral duty. But Rhona says Vanessa has got to let him know."

How does Vanessa break the news to Kirin?
    "She tells him that she's never had a cyst and the doctor is now sending her for further tests. Kirin can't believe that she kept the truth from him. Then we're ultimately going to see how Kirin does handle it, because he does let her down. We're focusing on the fact that it is a 17-year-old in love with a woman who could have a really serious condition here.

"Kirin promises that he'll stick by Vanessa whatever happens, but he then goes out with his friends when she goes for a sleep. We don't see him again that night. Vanessa comes downstairs and she realises she's all alone. She also finds out from Rakesh that Kirin has texted to say, 'Don't wait up, I'll be out all night' - but she's not had a text herself. Vanessa feels really lonely at that point. On the night when she really needed Kirin the most, he's not there."

What happens next?
    "Vanessa finds Kirin the next day and he apologises for being busy the night before. She's not angry with him, she's more sorrowful really. She's trying to deal with it herself and she just says to him that she's got an appointment that afternoon and she'd wondered if he'd come along. He says he'll be there, but she waits at the vets for him to pick her up and she is let down again. We'll have to wait and see whether that's it for Vanessa and Kirin."

© ITV
    Kirin will fail to support Vanessa

How is Vanessa coping with the health scare?
    "She's massively freaking out about it. I will put my hands up - before I read these scripts, I didn't check myself as often as I knew I should. I know why I didn't - it's because I was scared to find something. I think a lot of women would put their hands up and say the same. It sounds ridiculous, but when I was in my early 20s, I was in the shower and I did feel something and I freaked out. I ran downstairs to my mum and dad, told them and then I made an appointment with the doctor. It turned out it wasn't anything, but when you feel something, it is total panic and I did have that to draw on.

"Because of that, I think that's why I didn't check myself. But since doing this storyline, doing the research online and seeing how important it is, I do it now - and I hope the story encourages others to do that."

How far do things go with the scare?
    "Vanessa has a biopsy and then she is waiting for the results. She's terrified and Rhona says that she should take time off work, but Vanessa wants to keep busy. It's at a time when Paddy, Rhona and Vanessa could potentially expand their business with an equine rehab centre and Katie's stables. So there's all that business side of things going on as well. From the time that Vanessa has the biopsy, it's about five days that she waits for the results."

Is Kirin off the scene during that period?
    "Yes he is. He tries to apologise and Vanessa is not massively angry with him, she feels sorry for him. What's interesting is that after Vanessa tells Kirin that he was right about the lump, it's the first time that she's ever told him that she loves him. Then the next time you see her, he's left her and she's on her own. It's a big deal because it's the first time she's said those words to him."

© ITV
    Vanessa will reveal her love for Kirin

What kind of a response have you seen to Vanessa's unlikely romance?
    "Well, the reaction makes a change from people saying to me 'painkillers in aisle five' when I was doing the Rhona addiction storyline! I thought I was going to be called a dirty old woman, but people have just said, 'You're doing alright for yourself there!' It's all been really positive - I've not had one negative comment.

"The only other response is that there are certain people on Twitter that were so upset that Vanessa is not a lesbian after the Rhona story. I don't respond to everyone but what I say is that when Vanessa came into the village, she wasn't a lesbian. She was a free spirit who was quite man mad, eyeing up Andy Sugden at the bar. Vanessa fell in love with her best friend who she was helping through a difficult time, and it became more of an obsession. Some people would prefer her to be with a woman, but hey ho - let's mix it up a bit, that's what I say!"

Have you been pleased with the Vanessa and Kirin romance?
    "It's great because when I first read it, I thought it probably wouldn't last. It's lasted much longer than I thought it was going to, so I'm really pleased with that. I get on really well with Adam - he's like a little puppy on set. I'll come into work and see I've got seven scenes with him and I know I'll be exhausted by the end of the day because he just doesn't stop!

"I adore working with him - he's so professional and so on it. I'd love the Vanessa and Kirin relationship to last, but truthfully I don't know what's going to happen beyond what we're doing now."

Are you pleased to have a big storyline again?
    "Definitely. When I first came into the show, I got involved with the Rhona addiction storyline so it was busy straight away. Then it was a little bit quieter, which was lovely because what Vanessa was doing last year was finding her feet in the village and making new friendships. Now she's really close to Leyla and that works a treat - I love working with Roxy Shahidi.

"Now doing this, I'm so busy again at work which is great. But I get married in a few weeks in real life, so I've got everything else going on too!"

Are you missing having Sammy Winward (Katie) on set?
    "Yeah, especially because in the latter part of last year, my character moved into Katie's house and I had quite a few scenes with her. She's such a good laugh. We keep in touch with Sammy and we'll still see her, but it's like we've lost a little part of Emmerdale - Sammy with her gorgeous long blonde hair and the smile which was always on her face. But she'll go onto amazing things."
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alan45 For This Useful Post:

KiwiElle (03-03-2015), maidmarian (03-03-2015), tammyy2j (03-03-2015)

Vanessa Woodfield finds herself in another tricky situation next week as she realises that she could be pregnant with Adam Barton's baby.

When Vanessa takes a pregnancy test that comes out positive, she panics as she has no idea whether the father is Adam or her boyfriend Kirin Kotecha.

Here, Michelle Hardwick - who plays Vanessa - reveals the details of her character's dilemma.

How does Vanessa realise that she could be pregnant?
    "She realises because she hasn't been feeling too well. Unbeknownst to her, it is the start of morning sickness. It's only when Rhona comes into the vets and starts talking about having a cat neutered that all of a sudden it all clicks into place for Vanessa. She realises that she could be pregnant, so she does the tests."

When Vanessa discovers that she is indeed pregnant, does she consider a termination?
    "Yes, Vanessa does consider a termination because she has never, ever wanted children. Whenever she has seen people with kids, she has always said it's not for her. It's just something that wasn't in her life plan. Vanessa does definitely think she can't keep the baby, especially as it's not as straightforward as some pregnancies could be!"

How has Vanessa left things with Adam?
    "It was definitely only a one-night stand between them. It was just two people that were quite lonely one evening and got together. Yes it was a huge mistake and they both instantly regretted it the morning afterwards, but they both agreed to keep it to themselves and hoped nobody would ever find out."
    How is Vanessa feeling about Kirin at this point?
    "Obviously Vanessa is back with Kirin now and she does love him. They're in a good place at the moment. Vanessa still hasn't told Kirin what happened between her and Adam, so she feels terribly guilty about that.

"Vanessa and Adam were both on a break from their different relationships when they slept together, so technically they weren't actually cheating on anybody. They could have come clean straight away, but of course they don't do that! Now it's more the guilt that Vanessa hasn't told Kirin and it's gone too far."

Rhona is the first person Vanessa confides in. How does Rhona react?
    "Rhona instantly questions who the father is - she is so quick! She asks if the baby is Kirin's and one look from Vanessa reveals that she doesn't know."

How would Vanessa feel if Adam was the dad?
    "She'd be devastated because it only happened the once between them. I know that's all it takes, but it would just be the icing on the cake in a terrible situation."

Would Vanessa embrace the pregnancy if the baby was definitely Kirin's?
    "I think so! He did run away initially from the whole cancer scare and that's what made them split up in the first place, but Vanessa would think that he'd now be man enough to deal with this one way or another."

What decision does Vanessa make over the pregnancy?
    "Vanessa thinks the only way out of the situation is a termination, so that her and Adam can keep that awful secret to themselves. If Vanessa has the termination, it's gone and nobody would ever find out, whereas obviously having the baby could open up a can of worms.

"When Vanessa is out in the village and she's about to attend a consultation to sort it out, she then sees Marlon in the playground with Leo playing happily. It hits her that she's 39 years old and it could be the final chance for her to be a mum. She changes her mind and decides that she wants to get to know this baby."

Why does Vanessa tell Adam about the baby first?
    "She was going to speak to Kirin and tell him everything, not only just about the baby but also the one-night stand with Adam. Vanessa wanted to come clean because it was the only way she could get around it, but she absolutely bottles it.

"There are a few times where Vanessa is close to telling Kirin but they get interrupted. She's absolutely scared to death of telling him, even though she knows she has to do it. Instead she goes round to Adam and tells him that she's pregnant."

How does Adam react?
    "He's absolutely stunned but then Vanessa tells him, 'We both know it's not yours'. She's actually telling him to stay out of her life, so her and Kirin can bring up the baby regardless."

Does Vanessa trust Adam to keep quiet?
    "He's got a very big mouth, but up to now he's not said anything about them sleeping together, so I think she trusts him in that respect. Despite that, the next day she sees Adam out and she's constantly looking over her shoulder. She's wary over whether he's told anyone, in particular Victoria."

How does Kirin react when Vanessa finally shares the baby news with him?
    "He's absolutely over the moon. It's the initial shock at first, because he's young and he wasn't expecting it. Kirin promises that he'll man up and he won't react in the same way he did to the cancer scare. He talks abut how much he's looking forward to being a dad, but then he's excited to tell his own dad, which Vanessa doesn't want him to do."

Rakesh does get suspicious, though!
    "Yeah, because Kirin is dropping hints all over the house that Vanessa is pregnant! Rakesh starts asking, 'Wow, is there something you should tell me?' Vanessa quickly nips it in the bud and says of course not. She and Kirin both know damn well that it's the last thing Rakesh would want for his son."

What should Vanessa do?
    "If it was me, I don't think I'd be able to cope with the guilt. I would have to come clean and then deal with it one step at a time. I'd rather have that than live life looking over my shoulder!"

11. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

maidmarian (21-04-2015)

Emmerdale's Michelle Hardwick has spoken about her character's pregnancy.

Hardwick, who plays Vanessa on the ITV soap, said that she'd like to see on-screen boyfriend Kirin Kotecha revealed as the father.

Next week on the soap, Vanessa takes a pregnancy test that comes out positive. She panics as she has no idea whether the father is Adam Barton or Kotecha.

Speaking to Digital Spy at the British LGBT Awards, Hardwick said: "I would prefer for [the child] to be Kirin's as they are in love, and there's interesting mileage in that.

"The audience didn't think their romance would last as long as it has, and it's been an interesting twist has as they really do love each other."

Discussing the pregnancy storyline, the actress added: "Poor Vanessa. Things were going so well for her and then she had that little one night stand with Adam Barton.

"In her defence, she was separated from Kirin at the time and Adam thought he was separated from Victoria, so technically they were single for that one night.

"She is now pregnant and it's going to be up in the air who the daddy is. She has no idea - it could be either one of them."

Asked whether she's nervous about Vanessa's fate following rumours of a big summer stunt ahead for Emmerdale, she replied: "No, it's just exciting really.

"You're a jobbing actor so you run with what you're given. There's an amazing buzz about it at work at the moment."

Emmerdale star Hardwick married her partner Rosie Nicholl earlier this month.

Hope Vanessa's not serious about an abortion. Does it matter who's the daddy? She's the mummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed_lemur View Post
    Hope Vanessa's not serious about an abortion. Does it matter who's the daddy? She's the mummy!
    she will have little adam jnr

Thread Information