Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris (Johnny Ruffo)

Exclamation Chris (Johnny Ruffo)

Home and Away bosses have cast reality star and musician Johnny Ruffo in a guest role, it has been announced.

The singer-songwriter started filming with the Summer Bay soap earlier this month, and his character Chris is expected to stick around for 16 episodes.

© Darren Tindale/Newspix / Rex Features

Ruffo told the Herald Sun: "Everyone on set has been so helpful and great to work with."

Meanwhile, revealing details of his role, he told the show's official website: "It is almost like they've written the character just for me.

"He is fun and cheeky, he's a bit of a ladies' man and a little bit cheesy like me. He's a traveller who has been around, much like myself."

Ruffo came third on The X Factor Australia last year, and also won Dancing With The Stars in June.

Former reality star and musician Johnny Ruffo has revealed that he felt 'out of his depth' during his first few days on the Home and Away set.

The singer-songwriter started filming with the Summer Bay soap late last year, and his character Chris is expected to stick around for 16 episodes.

Speaking to TV Week, Ruffo said that he was very nervous as this was his first on-screen acting part.

"For the first couple of days, I was really nervous - and I don't usually get nervous. I was a bit out of my depth," he said.

"I've done some acting before and done plays and studied acting, but this was my first on-screen acting performance.

"It was daunting at first, but the cast make you feel extremely at home. Ray (Meagher) and Georgie (Parker) were so welcoming and helpful."

Ruffo came third on The X Factor Australia in 2011, and also won Dancing with the Stars last June.

Former reality star and musician Johnny Ruffo has insisted that he had to work hard to land his part in Home and Away .

Australian viewers will have seen Ruffo make his debut as Spencer's older brother Chris during Monday's episode of the soap.

Speaking to the Central Telegraph, Ruffo said: "I studied drama for six years at high school and after that as well, so I've always had ambitions to become an actor.

"A lot of people probably perceive me as just getting the role, but I had to audition. I actually auditioned for another role and didn't get it."

Ruffo also teases what viewers can expect upon Chris's arrival in Summer Bay.

"His initial intention for coming to the Bay is to get his brother to come home and sort things out with the family. He can be seen as a bit of a cheeky guy, but he doesn't cause any trouble or fights. He definitely stirs the pot a little bit, though.

"[He] has his eye on all the women. He loves travelling and loves flirting with the ladies."

Ruffo was initially brought in for 16 episodes but his contract has been extended and he's currently on his second round of filming.

Ruffo came third on The X Factor Australia in 2011, and also won Dancing with the Stars last June.

Over on Home and Away, it's newcomer Chris Harrington who's causing a stir as he quickly makes his mark on Summer Bay.

Chris (Johnny Ruffo) pays a visit to the Bay to see his brother Spencer, and soon decides that he'd like to stick around for a while.

When Chris meets Indigo Walker (Samara Weaving) for the first time, he's unaware of how she is struggling following her husband Romeo's sudden departure and he cheekily asks whether she is available.

Chris's question brings it home to Indi that she is indeed single and may need to move on with her life.

© Channel 5
    Indi meets Chris.

While Indi seems slightly charmed by Chris, the new arrival doesn't prove as popular with Harvey Ryan (Marcus Graham).

Harvey notices that Spencer seems distracted and withdrawn while his brother is around, and this seems to be causing problems for his romance with Maddy Osborne.

Confronting Chris outright, Harvey demands to know why he's staying in the Bay and points out the difficulties that he's causing. However, Chris gets defensive and warns Harvey to back off.

© Channel 5
    Harvey and Chris argue.

© Channel 5
    Harvey wants to know why Chris is in the bay

Home and Away airs these scenes on Monday, May 6 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-04-2013)

The sooner this chris character is gone the better. He looks fake...dont like him

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homeawayjsk For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-05-2013), tammyy2j (18-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by homeawayjsk View Post
    The sooner this chris character is gone the better. He looks fake...dont like him
    me either

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

homeawayjsk (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by homeawayjsk View Post
    me either

Also ahead on Home and Away, Chris Harrington says goodbye to Summer Bay as he decides that it's time to head back home.

Chris resolves to stop taking the easy way out after Indi Walker (Samara Weaving) tells him that she's going to hire a private investigator to find her ill husband Romeo Smith.

Impressed that Indi is making such a bold move, Chris realises that he needs to start doing the same in his own life.

With his parents' marriage in trouble, Chris decides that things might improve for them if they have a son they can be proud of. As a result, he takes the next bus out of town after saying goodbye to Spencer, Indi, Alf, Roo, Maddy and Harvey.

Fans haven't seen the last of Chris as Johnny Ruffo, who plays him, has since been filming a second stint with the long-running soap.

© Channel 5
    Everyone gathers for Chris's farewell.

© Channel 5
    Spencer and Chris hug.

© Channel 5
    Chris leaves on a bus.

Home and Away airs these scenes on Wednesday, June 19 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (18-06-2013)

Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo was rushed to hospital at the weekend after being struck down with a serious case of appendicitis, reports have revealed.

The actor and singer experienced agonising stomach pains on Sunday (June 16) and later went under the knife to have his appendix removed.

© Channel 5
    Johnny Ruffo.

Ruffo has recently been busy filming new episodes of Home and Away as Summer Bay's Chris Harrington. However, he is now recovering in hospital and will have to take a few days off from the soap.

He told The Daily Telegraph: "I'm fine - I'll be back at work in a couple of days."

A Home and Away spokesperson added: "Johnny is recovering well and we look forward to having him back on set."

Ruffo joined Home and Away in October 2012 for a 16-episode stint as Chris.

The 25-year-old's contract was later extended and he will reappear on screen later this year.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo was rushed to hospital at the weekend after being struck down with a serious case of appendicitis, reports have revealed.

The actor and singer experienced agonising stomach pains on Sunday (June 16) and later went under the knife to have his appendix removed.

Ruffo has recently been busy filming new episodes of Home and Away as Summer Bay's Chris Harrington. However, he is now recovering in hospital and will have to take a few days off from the soap.

He told The Daily Telegraph: "I'm fine - I'll be back at work in a couple of days."

A Home and Away spokesperson added: "Johnny is recovering well and we look forward to having him back on set."

Ruffo joined Home and Away in October 2012 for a 16-episode stint as Chris.

The 25-year-old's contract was later extended and he will reappear on screen later this year.
    Last edited by alan45; 17-06-2013 at 16:57.
    Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe

Thread Information