Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris (Johnny Ruffo)

Quote Originally Posted by TaintedLove View Post
    I have a feeling that Johnny`s departure had something to do with his recent legal troubles (DUI).Which to me seems hypocritical if true because there were far worse characters going bad in the past....Martha being one. Maybe 'Martha' will clean up her act now she`s joined Neighbours. Perhaps Johnny will join Neighbours too at some point in the future.
    I agree with you about the reason for Johnny's departure. What I read was that he committed sixteen speeding offences in seven months, something it's hard to contemplate anyone doing. There was also a warrant out for his arrest because he failed to turn up in court. I imagine he severely embarrassed his H&A bosses.

However, H&A bosses apparently got rid of Jodi Gordon because of her high profile drug problems so I don't see any hypocrisy. It sounds like she cleaned up her act years ago and is now a mother, so hopefully those days are behind her.

Neighbours' recent signings of ex H&A stars can only be good publicity for Neighbours - for which I'm glad.
    Last edited by Dazzle; 02-05-2016 at 09:17.

Following on from the last couple of posts, this is one of the articles, from back in February, about Johnny's "problems with the Law":

"Johnny Ruffo Banned From Driving

Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo has been disqualified from driving for two years, and fined over $3000, after pleading guilty to a string of driving offences.

In September of last year, the 27-year old actor/singer was caught by police driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle. Earlier in the year, Ruffo had also gathered 13 speeding tickets, one of which resulted in him losing his license after driving more than 30km/h over the speed limit.

Late last year, Ruffo attended court and asked for an adjournment on the charges after he failed to turn up to court. He also had an arrest warrant revoked that was put in place due to his absence.

Ruffo’s lawyer, Nic Angelov pleaded guilty to five driving offences on behalf of his client at Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court in late January.

On 25th February, Ruffo was disqualified from driving for two years and fined $3080 for a number of offences. As well as charges for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle, Ruffo had also failed to notify the RMS of a change in his address, driven the vehicle whilst disqualified, and had not paid taxes on the vehicle.

Angelov explained that his client “accepts that the responsibilities (of driving) he has not met, and they are not for him.” and that Ruffo intends to sell the vehicle.

Stating that the situation could have been avoided if Ruffo had paid closer attention to correspondence from the RMS, Deputy Chief Magistrate Jane Mottley said “It’s all too little, too late. Fundamentally, you are the architect of your own outcomes.”

Ruffo has played Chris Harrington on Home and Away since 2013 and has recently renewed his contract, ensuring his place on the show until 2018."

BTTB
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 02-05-2016 at 07:47.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (02-05-2016), TaintedLove (02-05-2016), tammyy2j (05-05-2016)

I think Chris was so sweet with Hannah during her cancer ordeal and Johnny also proved his acting chops, he will be missed

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (05-05-2016), lizann (05-05-2016), Pantherboy (05-05-2016), Topaz (06-05-2016)

I will really miss Chris. After Dex left he took over as the more comical character and he has grown on me over the years. In heartbroken for him at the mo where Hannah has died. Lots of great characters leaving this year, such a shame :-(

7. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Topaz For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (06-05-2016), lizann (07-05-2016), Pantherboy (06-05-2016), Perdita (06-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Pantherboy View Post
    Following on from the last couple of posts, this is one of the articles, from back in February, about Johnny's "problems with the Law":

Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo has been disqualified from driving for two years, and fined over $3000, after pleading guilty to a string of driving offences.

In September of last year, the 27-year old actor/singer was caught by police driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle. Earlier in the year, Ruffo had also gathered 13 speeding tickets, one of which resulted in him losing his license after driving more than 30km/h over the speed limit.

Late last year, Ruffo attended court and asked for an adjournment on the charges after he failed to turn up to court. He also had an arrest warrant revoked that was put in place due to his absence.

Ruffo’s lawyer, Nic Angelov pleaded guilty to five driving offences on behalf of his client at Sydney’s Downing Centre Local Court in late January.

On 25th February, Ruffo was disqualified from driving for two years and fined $3080 for a number of offences. As well as charges for driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle, Ruffo had also failed to notify the RMS of a change in his address, driven the vehicle whilst disqualified, and had not paid taxes on the vehicle.

Angelov explained that his client “accepts that the responsibilities (of driving) he has not met, and they are not for him.” and that Ruffo intends to sell the vehicle.

Stating that the situation could have been avoided if Ruffo had paid closer attention to correspondence from the RMS, Deputy Chief Magistrate Jane Mottley said “It’s all too little, too late. Fundamentally, you are the architect of your own outcomes.”

Ruffo has played Chris Harrington on Home and Away since 2013 and has recently renewed his contract, ensuring his place on the show until 2018."

BTTB
    So... with this extension of contract, does this mean that he IS leaving or not?

BTTB
    So... with this extension of contract, does this mean that he IS leaving or not?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lellygurl For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (08-05-2016), Perdita (08-05-2016)

Quote Originally Posted by lellygurl View Post
    Yes, he is definitely leaving (he has finished filming, but will still be seen on air for some months). I am not sure whether it was mentioned (officially) how long his contract extension was for when he announced it in December, but from the comments Johnny made at the time (about loving being on the show etc), I think people assumed it was probably for 3 years? With it now being announced by Ch7, only a couple of months later, that he will be leaving, many people have been questioning whether it has had anything to do with his legal problems, as has been discussed on this thread, or maybe whether his contract extension was only ever for, say, 6 months or less (& Johnny was just throwing in a red herring earlier with his comment that he "might be the new Alf or Irene" etc?). The bottom line is he is definitely leaving.
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 08-05-2016 at 23:25.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (08-05-2016), lellygurl (09-05-2016), Perdita (09-05-2016), TaintedLove (09-05-2016)

I have to say I shed a tear for poor Chris near the end of last night's episode, when he said "I just want Hannah back".
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 10-05-2016 at 00:26.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-05-2016), lellygurl (10-05-2016)

I have to say I shed a tear for poor Chris near the end of last night's episode, when he said "I just want Hannah back".
    I'm going to find that hard to watch too.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (10-05-2016)

Really? Ruffo was woeful in those scenes, as was Tai Hara. Two badly acted characters grieving for another badly acted character in Hannah made me laugh more than anything else.

That said, Chris was a good addition when he does all the light hearted stuff with John and Irene. Still, I'd rather have actors instead of musicians or models on the show. Not sad to see off Hannah and Oscar, and won't lose sleep over Chris or Andy, either.

Time for Home and Away to start casting actors again. Good to see that with James Stewart being cast... His character's sister seems decent enough, hopefully his brothers follow suit.

Thread Information