Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Chris (Johnny Ruffo)

Unfortunately Johnny Ruffo's brain cancer has returned.

Johnny Ruffo reveals brain cancer has returned
    The entertainment industry has rallied around former Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo, who revealed his brain cancer has returned.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...3446e9a3f7802f

ussie star Johnny Ruffo has revealed his brain cancer has returned.

The former X-Factor and Home And Away star posted on Instagram he had suffered an ?unexpected week of seizures and excruciating headaches?.

?It is with a heavy heart that i have to let you know i now have another huge battle ahead of me as my brain cancer has returned, though i will dig deep and beat this s**t disease again #*******cancer,? he wrote.

It comes three years after the 32-year-old underwent lifesaving surgery to remove a 7cm tumour.

He shared a picture alongside his girlfriend Tahnee Sims, to break the news to his 220,000 followers.

Michael ?Wippa? Wipfli led the well wishes to the star, writing: ?We?re all here for you buddy. Sending love,.?

Aussie actor Lincoln Lewis wrote in the comments, ?F**k man we?re all here with you and cheering you on!!!?

His fellow Home and Away co-stars also rallied around Ruffo, with Lynne McGranger saying: ?See you tomorrow my strong, sassy, politically incorrect, warrior friend?, while Ada Nicodemou said: ?You are so incredibly strong and brave and you will beat this once again?.

In September 2017 Ruffo recalled being at home with a severe headache and then waking up three days later with 27 staples, a tube and a bag of brain fluid coming out of his head.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CDlLJU5l...ource=ig_embed

He told radio hosts Fitzy & Wippa he?d been getting headaches for years but, ?put it down to drinking too much.?

He said it was a normal Sunday afternoon and he had, ?this really bad headache? so he headed to the doctor who gave him some medication which ?didn?t do anything?.

Ruffo was lying on the couch, his head absolutely throbbing.

He said, ?It felt like there was a fire inside?.

?I tried to talk to the missus and I slurred all my words and mixed them all up.?

Miss Sims took him to emergency where he was put on a drip and given the devastating diagnosis.

The next day he had emergency surgery and a rare 7cm malignant stage three oligodendroglioma was removed.

And:
    Home and Away's Johnny Ruffo, 32, reveals his brain cancer has returned following 'a week of seizures and excruciating headaches' as he vows to 'beat it' again three years after life-saving surgery.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...-returned.html

Nowtolove.com.au article - sad Johnny Ruffo news/update:

Johnny Ruffo's heartbreaking confession about girlfriend Tahnee Sims as he reveals his cancer is terminal
    ''At some point it will get me.''

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebri...terminal-74549

Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo has given his most heartbreaking update yet on his cancer battle.
    On Monday night, the 34-year-old sat down with The Project's Carrie Bickmore, where he revealed his brain cancer is terminal.
    Johnny, who found fame on The X Factor in 2011 before landing a role on Home and Away, was diagnosed with a brain tumour in 2017.

In 2019, Johnny revealed he was all-clear of the disease, but sadly in November the following year, he shared the devastating news that his cancer had returned.
    Since then, he's kept his loyal followers up to date on every step of his cancer journey.
    "At some point it will get me, but I'm still fighting, still kicking on," Johnny told Carrie, whose husband Greg Lange died of cancer in 2010.
    "Looking up my diagnosis and my tumour, the average life expectancy was three years. And for me it's now been five years.

"I'm already winning. My goal now is to try and help as many people as I can and also live a happy life."
    Johnny, whose new memoir No Finish Line came out today, said he is worried about how his long-term girlfriend Tahnee Sims will cope without him.
    "You can only imagine how difficult it's been for her. What plays in my head a lot is, I hate to say this, how hard it may be for her if something does happen to me," the actor said.
    "So, it's something that I don't want to think about. It just gets me a little bit emotional about it because I know at some point something will happen, whether it's, you know, a month from now or 10 years from now or 20 years."

Earlier this year, Johnny praised Tahnee for sticking by his side during the toughest years of his life.
    "Without her I may not be here," Johnny told Now To Love.
    "She was the one who made me get in the car [to go to hospital] when it [the headaches] first happened. And she's encouraging me to do things. She keeps me active, getting me to go for runs and swims."

Also:

Home and Away's Johnny Ruffo opens up about terminal brain cancer diagnosis
    Home and Away star Johnny Ruffo has opened up about his brain cancer battle in an emotional interview after confirming his diagnosis is terminal earlier this month

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/...opens-27863627

Home and Away's Johnny Ruffo, 34, says he's losing his memory from terminal brain cancer
    Home and Away actor Johnny Ruffo, 34, said he is losing his memory and struggles with speaking, after revealing his brain cancer is terminal

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...fo-34-27865372

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Perdita (31-08-2022)

this is so sad

at such young age too tragic

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thestud2k7 For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (31-08-2022), Perdita (31-08-2022)

the actor playing andrew looks like him

Johnny Ruffo has lost his brave fight with brain cancer. RIP...

Australian singer and actor Johnny Ruffo dead aged 35
    The Australian singer and actor has died aged 35 after a lengthy battle with cancer, his heartbroken family have announced.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainmen...8d13faf35da792

Australian singer and actor Johnny Ruffo has died aged 35.

The former Home and Away star had suffered a long battle with brain cancer. His heartbroken family announced the tragic news on Friday.

?It is with a heavy heart that today we had to farewell our beloved Johnny,? a statement posted on Ruffo?s official Instagram account read.

?Surrounded by his partner Tahnee and family, Johnny went peacefully with the support of some incredible Nurses & Doctors.

?He was a very talented, charming and sometimes cheeky boy. Johnny was very determined and had a strong will. He battled all the way to the end and fought as hard as he could. Such a beautiful soul with so much more to give.

?We all love you Johnny and will remember you for all the joy you brought to our lives.?

Ruffo, who was born in Perth, Western Australia, shot to fame on the 2011 season of The X Factor, in which he placed third.

He went on to land a role in Channel 7 soap Home and Away in 2013, playing Chris Harrington, before leaving the series in 2016.

Ruffo first revealed his health struggle in August 2017, saying he had undergone surgery to remove a brain tumour. A week later, he announced he had been diagnosed with brain cancer and would be starting aggressive treatment.

Some positive news came in 2019, when Ruffo said he had been cleared of cancer. He went on to release his first single in four years, which was titled Broken Glass.

But then came news in November 2020 the cancer had returned.

?It is with a heavy heart that I have to let you know I now have another huge battle ahead of me as my brain cancer has returned, though I will dig deep and beat this ******* disease again #f*ckcancer,? Ruffo wrote on social media at the time.

Speaking to The Project?s then host Carrie Bickmore in August last year, Ruffo delivered a sad update in his battle: His cancer was terminal.

?At some point it will get me, but I?m still fighting, still kicking on,? he said.

?Looking up my diagnosis and my tumour, the average life expectancy was three years. And for me it?s now been five years. I?m already winning. My goal now is to try and help as many people as I can and also live a happy life.?

At the time, Ruffo was promoting the release of his new memoir, No Finish Line, which detailed his cancer battle.

He has largely retreated from the public eye since, and last shared an update with his 260,000 Instagram fans in July as he sought further treatment.

Ruffo?s long-term girlfriend, Tahnee Sims, described him as a ?fighter? in a video posted to her Instagram account in August, marking six years since the singer was first diagnosed.

Thousands of people have expressed their sadness following Ruffo?s passing, flooding the comment section of the post on his page.

Former Spice Girl Melanie Brown, who was a judge on Ruffo?s season of The X Factor, simply wrote, ?My heart just broke.?

Elsewhere, Danni Minogue described Ruffo as the ?cheekiest chap?.

?His voice, smile and dancing feet will be missed by so many,? the Australian singer added.

Comedian David Hughes said, ?A star has moved to the next world. Go well Johnny.?

?Oh darling boy,? TV presenter Kylie Gillies began. ?Sending love to all who knew you and loved you. And there are so many.?

Radio host Ryan Fitzgerald said, ?Shattered. An absolute beacon of positivity. Johnny walked into any room and put a smile on everybody?s face.?

Australian singer Natalie Bassingthwaighte wrote, ?Oh my. What an incredible human. Sending so much love.?

Also,

Johnny Ruffo dead: Home and Away star passes away after battle with brain cancer

https://thewest.com.au/entertainment...er--c-12506618

Johnny Ruffo: Australian singer and Home and Away actor dies aged 35

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-67340905

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-11-2023), Perdita (10-11-2023)

i am so gutted about this

i loved him as chris in home and away

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thestud2k7 For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-11-2023), Pantherboy (10-11-2023), Perdita (10-11-2023)

Quote Originally Posted by thestud2k7 View Post
    i am so gutted about this

i loved him as chris in home and away
    Me too..... RIP Johnny

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

lizann (10-11-2023), Pantherboy (10-11-2023), thestud2k7 (11-11-2023)

RIP Chris

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (10-11-2023), thestud2k7 (11-11-2023)

Thread Information