Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris (Johnny Ruffo)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Exclamation Chris (Johnny Ruffo)

Home and Away bosses have cast reality star and musician Johnny Ruffo in a guest role, it has been announced.

The singer-songwriter started filming with the Summer Bay soap earlier this month, and his character Chris is expected to stick around for 16 episodes.

© Darren Tindale/Newspix / Rex Features

Ruffo told the Herald Sun: "Everyone on set has been so helpful and great to work with."

Meanwhile, revealing details of his role, he told the show's official website: "It is almost like they've written the character just for me.

"He is fun and cheeky, he's a bit of a ladies' man and a little bit cheesy like me. He's a traveller who has been around, much like myself."

Ruffo came third on The X Factor Australia last year, and also won Dancing With The Stars in June.

Former reality star and musician Johnny Ruffo has revealed that he felt 'out of his depth' during his first few days on the Home and Away set.

The singer-songwriter started filming with the Summer Bay soap late last year, and his character Chris is expected to stick around for 16 episodes.

Speaking to TV Week, Ruffo said that he was very nervous as this was his first on-screen acting part.

"For the first couple of days, I was really nervous - and I don't usually get nervous. I was a bit out of my depth," he said.

"I've done some acting before and done plays and studied acting, but this was my first on-screen acting performance.

"It was daunting at first, but the cast make you feel extremely at home. Ray (Meagher) and Georgie (Parker) were so welcoming and helpful."

Ruffo came third on The X Factor Australia in 2011, and also won Dancing with the Stars last June.

Former reality star and musician Johnny Ruffo has insisted that he had to work hard to land his part in Home and Away .

Australian viewers will have seen Ruffo make his debut as Spencer's older brother Chris during Monday's episode of the soap.

Speaking to the Central Telegraph, Ruffo said: "I studied drama for six years at high school and after that as well, so I've always had ambitions to become an actor.

"A lot of people probably perceive me as just getting the role, but I had to audition. I actually auditioned for another role and didn't get it."

Ruffo also teases what viewers can expect upon Chris's arrival in Summer Bay.

"His initial intention for coming to the Bay is to get his brother to come home and sort things out with the family. He can be seen as a bit of a cheeky guy, but he doesn't cause any trouble or fights. He definitely stirs the pot a little bit, though.

"[He] has his eye on all the women. He loves travelling and loves flirting with the ladies."

Ruffo was initially brought in for 16 episodes but his contract has been extended and he's currently on his second round of filming.

Ruffo came third on The X Factor Australia in 2011, and also won Dancing with the Stars last June.

Over on Home and Away, it's newcomer Chris Harrington who's causing a stir as he quickly makes his mark on Summer Bay.

Chris (Johnny Ruffo) pays a visit to the Bay to see his brother Spencer, and soon decides that he'd like to stick around for a while.

When Chris meets Indigo Walker (Samara Weaving) for the first time, he's unaware of how she is struggling following her husband Romeo's sudden departure and he cheekily asks whether she is available.

Chris's question brings it home to Indi that she is indeed single and may need to move on with her life.

© Channel 5
    Indi meets Chris.

While Indi seems slightly charmed by Chris, the new arrival doesn't prove as popular with Harvey Ryan (Marcus Graham).

Harvey notices that Spencer seems distracted and withdrawn while his brother is around, and this seems to be causing problems for his romance with Maddy Osborne.

Confronting Chris outright, Harvey demands to know why he's staying in the Bay and points out the difficulties that he's causing. However, Chris gets defensive and warns Harvey to back off.

© Channel 5
    Harvey and Chris argue.

© Channel 5
    Harvey wants to know why Chris is in the bay

Home and Away airs these scenes on Monday, May 6 at 1.15pm and 6pm on Channel 5.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (27-04-2013)

The sooner this chris character is gone the better. He looks fake...dont like him

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to homeawayjsk For This Useful Post:

lizann (03-05-2013), tammyy2j (18-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by homeawayjsk View Post
    The sooner this chris character is gone the better. He looks fake...dont like him
    me either

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lizann For This Useful Post:

homeawayjsk (06-05-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by homeawayjsk View Post
    me either

Former Home And Away star Johnny Ruffo has had a brain tumour removed

msn.com article today:

Former Home And Away star Johnny Ruffo has had a brain tumour removed

Johnny Ruffo took to Instagram today to share some distressing news about his health.

“On Sunday I went into hospital with a migraine," Johnny tells TV WEEK. “I had to have emergency surgery to have a brain tumour removed. I am on the mend and feeling positive. Keep me in your thoughts."

The former Home And Away star uploaded two photos to his Instagram account. One image was of him recovering in a hospital bed, the other of a large scar running across the top of his forehead.

He captioned the image with, “Some things in life really put things into perspective, hoping for a positive result, keep me in your thoughts x”.

Friends have taken to social media to wish the 29-year-old well.

“Thinking of you lad,” NRL player Sam Burgess wrote.

“Praying for you,” Footy Show host Beau Ryan commented.

Warning: Graphic Image.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXl7r5-AH1S/

https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/3M...bb5a1055c8.jpg

https://s.yimg.com/iu/api/res/1.2/Qt...bbe02e918a.jpg
    Last edited by Pantherboy; 10-08-2017 at 06:12.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pantherboy For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-08-2017), Perdita (10-08-2017), tammyy2j (10-08-2017)

I hope Johnny fully recovers from his ordeal. I'd like to see him back in H&A some day.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

Pantherboy (11-08-2017), tammyy2j (10-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzle View Post
    I hope Johnny fully recovers from his ordeal. I'd like to see him back in H&A some day.
    Did not like him to start with but he sure grew on me .. speedy recovery, Johnny xoxo

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (10-08-2017), Pantherboy (11-08-2017)

Thread Information