Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: John Paul McQueen (James Sutton)

naughty naughty but he really wants james not scott

When will John Paul and James get together?

James Sutton is leaving his role as John Paul McQueen, it has been revealed.

James has played the popular character on and off since 2006, but is said to be bowing out of the show as part of an explosive storyline.

The Sun reports that John Paul is set to meet a grisly ending after driving off the edge of a cliff in his car in dramatic scenes airing later this year. However, bosses are remaining tight-lipped as to whether this will actually be John Paul's exit storyline or not.

Earlier today, we revealed that the Channel 4 soap would be killing off another character as the Nightingale family were all spotted filming a funeral - with a few notable omissions.

Dallas star Linda Gray has returned to film the sad storyline, but interestingly, John Paul's on-off boyfriend James Nightingale was nowhere to be seen, sparking speculation that the funeral was for him.

Could the couple potentially meet their maker in the car crash stunt together? Or are the Nightingales rallying around to support James as he mourns John Paul's loss?

James played John Paul for two years between 2006 and 2008, before reprising the role in 2008. His most memorable stories have included his popular relationship with Craig Dean, his romance with Ste Hay, and his male rape storyline in 2013.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (12-01-2017), Perdita (12-01-2017)

he is royalty on the show so wont be killed off

James Sutton has paid tribute to Hollyoaks' cast, crew and fans after filming his final scenes.

The actor, who first appeared as John Paul McQueen back in 2006, announced he would be leaving the soap back in January.

At the time the news first broke, it was reported that he would making his on-screen exit in a grisly car incident, and Sutton provided further evidence for this in a social media post where he discussed his exit.

"It's been one hell of a crazy ride but I can finally confirm that I have left the world of Hollyoaks," he said.

"I shot my last scene Thursday and it'll be on screen in a few weeks time.

"The final week of episodes has everything; tears, laughter, romance, a good old fashioned car stunt, and I got to share my final scenes with some of the most talented cast and crew I've ever worked with.

"That's it. That's a wrap. Thank you so much Hollyoaks fans for your support over the years, I really mean it, you're mad and you're passionate but you're brilliant."

James started out as the first male McQueen sibling, John Paul, in 2006.

He left Hollyoaks in 2009 for a two-year stint playing mechanic Ryan Lamb on Emmerdale, before returning to Chester once more in 2012.

Upon his return, James was involved in a male rape storyline that won the soap massive acclaim.

The actor also told the Mirror: "For the first time ever I have this feeling that everything is going to be OK.

"It is a massive decision leaving the show, and I might never work again, but everything is OK because I have (my fiancée) Rachael."

Digital Spy

he sleeps with ste again and he is taken on an erratic drive by an unsettled james, the pair end up in a clifftop showdown and as his exit scenes play out, will he live to tell the tale or is a nasty end in store?

James Sutton has revealed that he made the decision to quit Hollyoaks one year ago, despite his exit only being announced in January.

Having filmed his final scenes in the role, Sutton recently admitted that he is unable to justify his character John Paul's behaviour anymore after he cheated on his partner James Nightingale with his ex-husband Ste Hay.

And it turns out that it was because of John Paul's relationships that he decided to leave. Kind of.

"I sat down with our producer Bryan Kirkwood, about a year ago, and we just kind of felt that we'd explored everything there was to explore with John Paul," he told the Daily Star Sunday.

"We've done a lot of big issue based stuff and also John Paul has slept with half the village already. He was running out of fellas! It was very sad but it's exciting at the same time.

"I've had the last year to get my head around it. I'm looking forward to people seeing my last week of episodes and how it all comes to an end for John Paul."

Friday's (March 3) E4 first look episode saw John Paul hit with another moral dilemma when James popped the question, unaware that he is secretly battling with his rekindled feelings for Ste.

It all comes to a head this week in Hollyoaks when the soap airs John Paul's final scenes, which have been "bittersweet" for Sutton to film as he's "loved" working with Greg Finnegan, who plays James.

"I've been working with him this whole time knowing that I was going to leave. But it's like any job when you know you're leaving, you make the most of everything," he recalled.

But will John Paul have a happy exit from Hollyoaks? Find out this week when it airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

Digital Spy

online talk he is returning

is he back only for the joint mcqueen weddings

Thread Information