Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Blake

Exclamation Patrick Blake

Former Holby City and Coronation Street star Jeremy Sheffield has been cast in Hollyoaks.

The actor has signed up for the part of Dodger Savage's biological father Patrick Blake, who will make his first appearance on screen in a few weeks' time.

© Rex Features / Piers Allardyce

© WENN / PBI

While firm details of Patrick's first scenes have yet to be revealed, it's sure to be an emotional moment for Dodger as he comes face-to-face with his long-lost dad.

Dodger's world was rocked in the summer when he learned that wheeler-dealer Dirk (David Kennedy) is not his real father.

He initially kept his discovery to himself, but later lost his temper with Dirk for hiding the truth from him - and the pair's relationship has since been strained.

Sheffield had a short stint in Weatherfield last December and January as he took on the part of charmer Danny Stratton for Becky McDonald's departure storyline. He is also well-known for his role as Alex Adams on Holby City.

The actor commented: "I'm very happy to be joining Hollyoaks at a time when things are getting very exciting."

© Lime Pictures

© Channel 4

Earlier this year, Danny Mac - who plays Dodger - told Digital Spy that he was looking forward to the arrival of his character's real dad.

Mac said in August: "That's what's driving me through storylines at the moment. That's the place where it inevitably has to go, for better or for worse. He needs to find out who his father is and get some questions answered.

"It's such a life-changing time for Dodger, but it's nice that it hasn't been one big stunt or one big drama. Instead, it's just slowly fizzling through the other stories and building up. It's really good to have a prolonged storyline."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (07-10-2012)

Hollyoaks star Danny Mac has revealed details of Dodger Savage's first meeting with his biological father Patrick Blake.

Last month, show bosses announced that former Coronation Street star Jeremy Sheffield had been cast as Patrick for upcoming scenes which see Dodger track down his long-lost dad.

When Dodger finally gets Patrick's address in a future episode, he heads off to pay him a visit - bringing along Darren Osborne (Ashley Taylor Dawson) for moral support.

Mac told All About Soap: "Darren suggests he goes to visit Patrick and pretend to be gathering information for the census! Dodger's shocked when he first sees Patrick's house - it's huge with expensive cars on the driveway. It's the opposite to the place where Dodger grew up.

"As Dodger and Darren arrive at the house, they see a girl who later turns out to be Patrick's daughter Sienna. When Dodger meets Patrick, he's struck by what a decent, charming, handsome bloke he is. But when Dodger reveals he's his son, he doesn't get the reaction he was hoping."

The actor continued: "[Patrick is] adamant that his son Mark - which is Dodger's real name - is dead, because that's what Dodger's mum Anne told him years ago. It's an afternoon of bombshells because after Dodger proves his real identity, Patrick reveals Sienna is his twin sister."

Hollyoaks first announced the twin twist in early October and actress Anna Passey is playing the role of Sienna.

Asked where the story heads next, Mac explained: "You'll be seeing a lot more of Patrick and Sienna in the village in the next few weeks, as they try to build a relationship with Dodger. Suddenly Dodger has two families, so it'll be fun to see how it all plays out."

He added: "You're going to see him pulled in about a hundred different directions in terms of family. It's going to be a whirlwind for him - horrible, but very exciting."

Hollyoaks airs weeknights at 6.30pm on Channel 4, with first look screenings at 7pm on E4.

I dont think Dodger should trust this Patrick guy completely yet I think he is hiding something sinister

On another board it claims he knows where Anna is or had her killed

Last edited by tammyy2j; 29-11-2012 at 23:01.

Hollyoaks star Jeremy Sheffield has warned that his character Patrick Blake may show a manipulative side when he finds love in the village.

The actor confirmed that romance is on the horizon for Patrick, who looks likely to become a more prominent character over the next few months.

Sheffield told Inside Soap: "I know who he gets together with! There's a certain type of relationship dynamic Patrick seems to enjoy - he likes to manipulate someone a bit.

"Therefore, he would be into anyone who's pliable, who he could dominate in some way. But I think it's best to leave it to the viewers' imagination as to who that might be."

Sheffield added that he was pleased to see Patrick take over as headteacher at the Hollyoaks sixth form college earlier this year.

Asked whether he could do the job in real life, he replied: "I do quite enjoy the power of it! My mum used to be deputy head of a big comprehensive school, so I went on a few school trips with her when I was younger - all the kids were looking up to her and trembling in their boots. I would quite enjoy that!

"But I think I'd probably be a bit too lenient - not like Patrick."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (20-03-2013)

he is too handsome for anna

Amy Downham has revealed that Patrick Blake becomes "quite scary" in an upcoming argument with her character Jen Gilmore.

Art teacher Jen faces a tough time on screen next week as her secret relationship with student Tilly Evans (Lucy Dixon) is finally exposed to everyone at the sixth form college.

Jen holds out hope that she can save her career once the truth is out, but her attempts to seek forgiveness from strict headteacher Patrick backfire.

Downham told Digital Spy: "He's quite frightening! Patrick threatens Jen, and you definitely see the beginning of a different side to him in that scene.

"Jen is quite shocked by that, as to begin with, you might think that Patrick is what the college needs - he's got power, he's got control and he's got some good ideas.

"Jen tries to lie her way back into the college or into another job. But Patrick says, 'If you ever come near my students again, I'll do whatever it takes to keep you away'. It's quite scary."

Patrick (Jeremy Sheffield) appeared to be a charming character when he joined Hollyoaks last year, but show bosses will continue to explore his darker side over the next few weeks.

Viewers have already seen glimpses of a sinister nature to Patrick in scenes with his ex-wife Anna, who is terrified of him.

Hollyoaks star Jeremy Sheffield has warned that Maxine Minniver should be wary of his character Patrick Blake.

Patrick steps in to help Maxine (Nikki Sanderson) next week by offering to tutor her when he discovers that she can't read.

Although Maxine believes that Patrick is just being friendly, fans know that the college headteacher has a sinister side as his ex-wife Anna (Saskia Wickham) is terrified of him.

Speaking to Digital Spy about Patrick's offer to help Maxine, Sheffield admitted: "There's definitely an ulterior motive! I'm not sure Patrick is aware of this, though. He's not pre-meditated or psychotic - in his mind, he's able to help Maxine and he likes to play that role.

"Of course, as an audience, we see that as somebody who's controlling and manipulative. However, Patrick thinks he's just being helpful!"

The actor added: "Patrick sees an opportunity to help Maxine, and it's a dynamic he's drawn to again and again throughout his life. You can imagine it being very similar to the beginning of the relationship he had with Anna.

"We haven't been through an exact scenario of how Anna and Patrick met, but you could well imagine it's the same as how he's met Maxine.

"He's found a vulnerability in Maxine, so that piques his interest and starts to draw him towards her. The audience will definitely be suspicious that this could be something more sinister."

'Hollyoaks': Jeremy Sheffield on Patrick's 'evil' side and future

Patrick Blake may have seemed like a nice guy when he made his debut last November, but viewers have since seen glimpses of a much darker side to his personality.

As revealed in our other reports in recent days, Patrick steps up his controlling behaviour next week as he is horrified to learn that daughter Sienna and son Dodger have been visiting their troubled mother Anna at the care home.

Not wanting his family to have any contact with Anna, the college headteacher becomes threatening and forces her to reject her children in emotional scenes.

Digital Spy recently chatted to Jeremy Sheffield, who plays Patrick, to hear his thoughts on his character's startling behaviour.

How are you finding your time at Hollyoaks?
    "I'm loving it a hundred times more than I thought I would! I was looking forward to it, but I had no idea that I'd enjoy it this much. All of the cast members have become really good friends, and that's probably the most important single factor for me at work. We get along more than any other cast I've worked with, and I've had some really good casts in the past.

"We all live quite close to each other and we go out together. That's been a fantastic experience. The other great thing is living in Liverpool. I'd never been to the city before, but I've completely fallen in love with it. I really couldn't have asked for life at Hollyoaks to be any better."

Did you audition for the role of Patrick or did Hollyoaks approach you to join?
    "They approached me, very kindly! I'm still not entirely sure how it came about, but I had a phone call and they offered me the part. I had a meeting with Rick Laxton, who's the head of casting at Hollyoaks, and he told me all about the character of Patrick. Once I started hearing what Patrick was all about, I knew it was something that I'd really like to play."

How do you feel about playing a character with a real sinister side?
    "It's a lot of fun! You've probably heard this all before, but the baddies are always the best parts to play. I suppose it's because you're allowed to behave in a way that you never would in real life. It gives you an excuse to do things that would be completely unacceptable otherwise, but that's part of what being an actor is all about.

"I think Patrick is a very complex man. I'm trying to play somebody who could be real - who could be your neighbour, your child's headmaster, or somebody who lives round the corner. I'd like him to be somebody who is believable, but also can be horrifically evil at times!"

Did you always know Patrick had a dark side, or did these more recent scripts come as a surprise to you?
    "I definitely knew it was coming, and that was one of the main attractions of the role for me. I've played middle class nice people before and I've had a lovely time doing it, but to have that whole other level and a real dark side is much more exciting for an actor."

How does Patrick feel when Sienna decides to visit Anna in the care home next week?
    "Patrick is very clear in his own mind about this. His morals are very clear and his ethics are very clear. He believes wholeheartedly that Anna is deranged and that she is dangerous for his children to be around. He genuinely believes that, and he does not see himself as being the reason for it! (Laughs.)

"Patrick is concerned about Sienna having anything to do with Anna. There's also the fact that Anna can reveal things about Patrick that he doesn't want his children to know.

"Like all of Patrick's behaviour, he justifies it to himself as being the appropriate behaviour given that Anna is dangerous. He can back that up with fact, as she attempted to kill his children. For that reason, he's determined to make sure that Sienna and Dodger don't go to see her - or have any contact with her at all."

We'll also see Patrick being quite threatening towards Anna at the care home…
    "Yes, this is a scene which is loaded with history. This couple have been in each other's lives for many, many years and the dynamic has been the same for all those years. Patrick has had complete power over Anna. That's what he strives for in all of his relationships and all aspects of his life - control and power. To him, that's completely normal and he doesn't see it as abusive.

"Saskia Wickham, who plays Anna, is fantastic in this scene. In a way, I have to do very little as an actor in scenes with her, because of her performance. Saskia immediately gives me that power as Anna crumbles whenever he's in the vicinity. That's because he's spent years grinding her down.

"So this scene is a clear vision of their history together, and it's how the dynamic of this relationship has always been. Patrick has created this dynamic because, in his mind, Anna is a very dangerous woman who needs to be controlled. It's quite terrifying!"

Next week we'll also see Patrick helping Maxine with her reading. Is he just being friendly, or is there an ulterior motive?
    "Oh, there's definitely an ulterior motive! I'm not sure Patrick is aware of this, though. He's not pre-meditated or psychotic - in his mind, he's able to help Maxine and he likes to play that role. Of course, as an audience, we see that as somebody who's controlling and manipulative. However, Patrick thinks he's just being helpful!

"Patrick sees an opportunity to help Maxine, and it's a dynamic he's drawn to again and again throughout his life. You can imagine it being very similar to the beginning of the relationship he had with Anna. We haven't been through an exact scenario of how Anna and Patrick met, but you could well imagine it's the same as how he's met Maxine.

"He's found a vulnerability in Maxine, so that piques his interest and starts to draw him towards her. The audience will definitely be suspicious that this could be something more sinister…"

Have you had much reaction from the public yet for playing Patrick?
    "I have had quite a bit! Out in Liverpool, there are a lot of locals who watch the show. Initially it was, 'Oh, you're Dodger's dad!' But recently people have been saying, 'You're Patrick Blake!'

"It's been very interesting, as people have said that they don't think Patrick is going to be very nice! It's great that they've already seen subtle hints of what's to come. The audience are definitely picking up on the fact that there's something not quite right about this man…"

Are there any cast members you'd like to share more screen time with?
    "I've worked with most people already, but I haven't worked with many of the McQueens apart from John Paul, so I'd love to do more with them. Although I'm not sure how that would come about and how they'd end up in the same room together, because they live in such different worlds.

"I also haven't done much with Nick Pickard, and I think some scenes with his character Tony would be more possible as their ages aren't too different."

With the British Soap Awards voting continuing, is there anything you would say in support of Hollyoaks?
    "Well, I'm not an expert on soap, but I do get a very strong sense that the show is in the middle of a big change and an improvement. I believe that ratings have gone up, while storylines and writing are improving all the time. Hopefully the audience are seeing that, and it would be really nice for that to be recognised."

Hollyoaks' Maxine Minniver will be left startled when she sees a glimpse of Patrick Blake's dark side later this month.

The pair have recently got together as a proper couple, but Patrick's controlling behaviour looks set to cause problems between them over the next few weeks.

Things look up for Maxine (Nikki Sanderson) in upcoming episodes as she lands a new job as the manager of College Coffee.

Maxine soon gets carried away with the role, and when sixth former George Smith (Steven Roberts) quits the shop as a result of her power-mad behaviour, Patrick turns nasty by revelling in her failure.

Patrick (Jeremy Sheffield) later has a change of heart as he needs Maxine's help when the venue for an event he's hosting falls through.

When Maxine offers up the coffee shop as a replacement, the evening goes well until Maxine tries to dance with him in front of his guests.

Becoming sinister once they're in private, a furious Patrick grabs Maxine's arm and warns her never to embarrass him like that again.

Fans can also expect more scenes with Patrick's ex-partner Anna Savage (Saskia Wickham) later this month.

When Anna finds out that Patrick gave Dodger a false alibi for Texas's murder, she visits Patrick at home, accuses him of killing Texas and vows to get revenge.

Thread Information