Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Patrick Blake

Jeremy Sheffield has teased an upcoming plot for his character Patrick Blake and Theresa McQueen.

Viewers know that Theresa (Jorgie Porter) has recently started working as Patrick's secretary and the pair will grow closer next week when Theresa naively takes sympathy on the scheming headmaster.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Sheffield said: "There is certainly a strange and unexpected chemistry between Patrick and Theresa.

"Initially I was a bit surprised when bosses put me and Jorgie together. But we are actually quite a funny pairing.

"Jorgie is a joy to work with and she is a comedy genius with impeccable timing. I often wonder how we manage to get through our scenes without laughing."

Upcoming episodes will see Patrick threaten his ex-partner Maxine Minniver's social services assessment after he concocts a plan with Theresa.

Although Patrick instructs Theresa to spy on Maxine and ensure that everything goes wrong for her, Theresa gets cold feet and ends up helping Maxine gain custody of Minnie.

Furious that his plan has backfired, Patrick takes drastic action that will have far more reaching consequences than he expected.

Sheffield said: "Patrick is really angry when he finds out Theresa has betrayed him. But he needs to keep her on one side so he pretends that Maxine is taking Minnie away from him and plays it that he is really upset. Theresa completely falls for it and she ends up feeling sorry for him.

"Patrick knows that he has taken it all a step too far. I can't tell you what he does, but Maxine will have to face a legal hearing.

"The outcome of the hearing is top-secret for now - but what I can say is that Patrick's plan backfires horribly, and the whole situation goes a lot further than he had ever planned."

Hollyoaks will explore the effects of motor neurone disease in an upcoming storyline, as Patrick Blake reveals that he has been diagnosed with the incurable condition.

Patrick, played by Jeremy Sheffield, will reveal his illness to his secretary Theresa McQueen in emotional scenes airing early next month.

Regular Hollyoaks viewers were already aware that Patrick was hiding a health concern following a recent fall at the hospital, but he has so far kept quiet about what is wrong.

After confiding in Theresa, Patrick will continue to hide the truth from his estranged wife Maxine Minniver (Nikki Sanderson) to avoid threatening his chances of securing custody of their baby daughter Minnie. However, he will find it increasingly difficult to keep his secret as the storyline progresses.

Motor neurone disease is a fatal and rapidly progressive disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It attacks the nerves that control movement and can leave people locked in a failing body - unable to move, talk, and eventually, breathe.

The condition kills five people every day in the UK - 30% within a year of diagnosis and more than 50% within two years.

Sheffield will be leaving Hollyoaks at the end of the storyline as the character of Patrick dies, although show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the exact timing and circumstances of his exit.

Speaking of the new plot, Sheffield commented: "I'm honoured to have been involved in some of the show's biggest storylines over the last couple of years. I hope Patrick's upcoming journey will captivate people's hearts and minds.

"Patrick recognises his symptoms of MND, but he is in denial. Having seen his father deteriorate and die of the same illness, he is unable and unwilling to fully accept the truth. He endeavours to keep his diagnosis secret, as admitting the truth could jeopardise his chance of getting full custody of his beloved baby daughter Minnie.

"For Patrick the idea of not being in control, of relinquishing his power is unthinkable and it will be interesting to see how the man who needs to control everything and everyone in his life copes with something that he cannot influence. Working with the Motor Neurone Disease Association has proved invaluable for researching this role."

Sally Light, Chief Executive of the MND Association, added: "It's been a great year for raising awareness of motor neurone disease. Following on from the success of the Ice Bucket Challenge last summer and the film release of The Theory of Everything, I'm sure that Hollyoaks will show the reality of living with MND on the small screen too.

"It's vital that we educate a young audience. Some of them will have done the Ice Bucket Challenge and now through the drama unfolding week by week will realise the devastating impact of MND and just why that was so important.

"I know of a family that sadly has experience of losing someone to MND and who has already recognised the subtle symptoms in Patrick as MND, which shows just how realistic Jeremy's portrayal is."

Hollyoaks fans will see Patrick tell Theresa the truth on Monday, April 6 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

lizann (01-04-2015)

Hollyoaks villain Patrick Blake may meet his match later this month as he starts to clash with newcomer Ben Bradley.

When Patrick (Jeremy Sheffield) returns from his holiday with Theresa McQueen, he is stunned to discover that his daughter Sienna has started dating Ben.

Determined as ever to control the lives of his family members, Patrick tells Sienna (Anna Passey) that Ben isn't the right man for her and manipulates her into breaking up with him.

It already seems like game over for Sienna's new romance when she dumps Ben (Ben Richards), but she is later given food for thought when she finds a letter at home which reveals that all of Patrick's inheritance will be awarded to Theresa and Minnie.

Tensions flare up between Patrick and Sienna again as a result, and with Ben not prepared to give up on his new girlfriend too easily, he interrupts their heated row by giving Sienna the opportunity to reunite with him and defy Patrick's wishes.

Just as Sienna makes plans to move in with Ben, there could be even more trouble to come when her daughter Nico spots Ben carrying women's magazines and decides to follow him. When Nico gets suspicious and accuses Ben of having another girlfriend, is she right?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (16-06-2015)

patrick asks maxine to help him die

Hollyoaks star Jeremy Sheffield has dropped some teasers about his upcoming exit from the show, promising that the death of Patrick Blake will have huge repercussions.

The actor hasn't yet filmed his final scenes, but fans will see Patrick leave our screens in the first week of January as the Channel 4 soap airs an unmissable set of episodes.

Patrick was diagnosed with motor neurone disease in April and has started to slowly deteriorate over the past few months as the incurable condition has taken hold.

The conclusion of the storyline will see Patrick die, but show bosses are keeping tight-lipped about the exact circumstances.

Speaking to Digital Spy this week, Sheffield explained: "There's a brilliant story leading up to me leaving, which is very complex. It would spoil it if I told you, but I can say that it's surprising but also rather shocking.

"It's going to be huge for the Blakes. What Patrick's exit does is set in place huge spinoff storylines that go on and on afterwards. They become massive and go on for a very long time, so the repercussions echo way down into the future."

Viewers have recently seen Patrick slip back into his old ways by starting to plot against his on-off partner Maxine Minniver (Nikki Sanderson).

Maxine has agreed to help Patrick die when he feels the time is right, but he has secretly left behind a sinister trail to frame her for murder once he has gone.

Reflecting on the dark plot, Sheffield added: "The idea of redemption was tempting for the producers, especially with Patrick having motor neurone disease and getting people's sympathy.

"We wanted to challenge the viewers to make them feel sorry for Patrick as he experiences this horrific disease, while also not ignoring the fact that this man is a certain person.

"Of course we've now seen that twisted person coming back to the surface. Hopefully it will be a complex thing for the audience to have to think about in the build-up to me leaving. Do they like this man, do they feel sorry for him, do they hate him, do they want him to die? It'll hopefully be interesting for them to watch."

Sheffield was chatting to Digital Spy at the premiere screening of Late, a new short film starring former Hollyoaks and Coronation Street star Chris Fountain.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (12-11-2015)

sad to see him die even despite his vile acts of abuse, good acting from him

Patrick Blake's body could finally be discovered on Hollyoaks later this month, as the police return to the village armed with some new information.

Maxine Minniver will be horrified when she sees the authorities swoop in and head directly for the City Wall, revealing that they finally know where Patrick's corpse has been concealed.

Patrick has been hidden away in the wall since January after Maxine and her ex-boyfriend Darren Osborne realised they had to cover up the suspicious nature of his death.

However, after seven months of secrecy, Maxine finally slips up this month when she confesses her dark secret to her fiancé Warren Fox. When he then reports back to Patrick's daughter Sienna, she calls the police.

Nikki Sanderson, who plays Maxine, told Soaplife: "He chips away at her and keeps asking questions. She believes he'll help her and make sure there's no chance that Patrick's body will ever be found.

"She thinks she has an ally and someone she can trust."

Discussing the tense moment that the police arrive, Sanderson added: "In that split second, she feels as though her life is over. She isn't a very strong person, but she'll fight tooth and nail for her freedom.

"She has to for the sake of her daughter Minnie."

With the stakes higher than ever, will the police find Patrick?

Hollyoaks airs these scenes on Tuesday, July 26 at 6.30pm on Channel 4.

Digital Spy

Returning, probably flashback

https://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/hol...eturn-patrick/

Hollyoaks star Jeremy Sheffield has revealed that he will be coming back for a second new stint as Patrick Blake.

The actor's return to the soap was confirmed late last year, with the star appearing in visions for Dilly Harcourt ? having himself been killed off back in 2016 at the hands of granddaughter Nico.

However, it appears that Sheffield will be back for more down the line later this year.

"Having had this little taster, which I really have enjoyed, then the prospect of me coming back into the show has been ? well I kind of retired so it?s been a surprise for me! A very nice surprise," the star teased to Metro.

"Obviously I?ve been desperate to find out exactly how on earth I?m going to come back in the show given that my character is very dead so we will just have to wait and see exactly how that is going to happen but it?s exciting news."

Dilly's visions came after she tragically killed her husband Rafe, with a clash between the two resulting in Dilly knocking him out. After he regained consciousness, Dilly dragged him to the basement and tied him to a radiator.

Dilly made out to Sienna that Rafe had jilted her, before checking on Rafe only to discover that he had died.

Follow-on scenes saw Liberty snooping around, and Dilly felt no choice but to attack her. Dilly also spoke to a photo of Patrick, before she had a vision of him telling her: "But you haven't forgotten about me. Now it's time for you to finish what I started."

The latest twist in the soap has now revealed that Dilly is in fact Patrick's daughter, and therefore Sienna's sister.

Hollyoaks streams first online via Channel 4 each weekday at 7.30pm. Episodes then air on E4 the following day, before getting their YouTube premiere a week after that.

Thread Information