Jeremy Sheffield has teased an upcoming plot for his character Patrick Blake and Theresa McQueen.

Viewers know that Theresa (Jorgie Porter) has recently started working as Patrick's secretary and the pair will grow closer next week when Theresa naively takes sympathy on the scheming headmaster.

Speaking to Inside Soap, Sheffield said: "There is certainly a strange and unexpected chemistry between Patrick and Theresa.

"Initially I was a bit surprised when bosses put me and Jorgie together. But we are actually quite a funny pairing.

"Jorgie is a joy to work with and she is a comedy genius with impeccable timing. I often wonder how we manage to get through our scenes without laughing."

Upcoming episodes will see Patrick threaten his ex-partner Maxine Minniver's social services assessment after he concocts a plan with Theresa.

Although Patrick instructs Theresa to spy on Maxine and ensure that everything goes wrong for her, Theresa gets cold feet and ends up helping Maxine gain custody of Minnie.

Furious that his plan has backfired, Patrick takes drastic action that will have far more reaching consequences than he expected.

Sheffield said: "Patrick is really angry when he finds out Theresa has betrayed him. But he needs to keep her on one side so he pretends that Maxine is taking Minnie away from him and plays it that he is really upset. Theresa completely falls for it and she ends up feeling sorry for him.

"Patrick knows that he has taken it all a step too far. I can't tell you what he does, but Maxine will have to face a legal hearing.

"The outcome of the hearing is top-secret for now - but what I can say is that Patrick's plan backfires horribly, and the whole situation goes a lot further than he had ever planned."