Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Carpenter

Neighbours' Lauren Turner and Brad Willis betray their partners next month when they share a kiss after an emotional day.

The former couple are still trying to search for their daughter who was put up for adoption after Lauren gave birth to her 20 years ago.

Their hunt takes them to Adelaide after Brad (Kip Gamblin) is given an address by private investigator Tracy, which they believe could be a massive lead. However, they are left disappointed when they turn up and discover that the address has been turned into a housing estate.

After deciding to spend the night in Adelaide while Tracy does some more investigating, Brad and Lauren are forced to share a motel room after struggling to find anywhere else to stay.

Over the course of the night, Lauren's guilt becomes overwhelming as she wonders how different things would have been if she had told Brad she was pregnant at the time. As Brad attempts to comfort her, the pair both go in for a kiss...

Lauren and Brad have to share a hotel room
    © Channel 5
    Lauren and Brad have to share a hotel room

Brad comforts Lauren
    © Channel 5
    Brad comforts Lauren

Brad and Lauren kiss
    © Channel 5
    Brad and Lauren kiss

Lauren and Brad turn to each other
    © Channel 5
    Lauren and Brad turn to each other

Meanwhile, back in Ramsay Street, Lauren's husband Matt is left disappointed when he is forced to cancel their vow renewal due to her stay in Adelaide.

However, unbeknown to Matt, Lauren is guilt-ridden after her kiss with Brad and decides to return home after all, meaning the day can go ahead.

After agreeing with Brad that the kiss was a mistake, Lauren plans to come clean with Matt. However, she finds herself unable to tell the truth when Matt explains that he just wants them to enjoy their special day.

Burying her guilt, Lauren is swept up in romance and renews her vows with Matt in a ceremony led by Susan.

Lauren makes her way to Matt
    © Channel 5
    Lauren makes her way to Matt

Lauren and Matt exchange their vows
    © Channel 5
    Lauren and Matt exchange their vows

Sue performs Lauren and Matt's ceremony
    © Channel 5
    Sue performs Lauren and Matt's ceremony

Lauren and Matt share a kiss
    © Channel 5

Neighbours airs these scenes on Monday, June 9 and Tuesday, June 10 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

I know this has nothing to do with anything, but Lauren's dress is lovely!
    Check out my Strictly Come Dancing Blog! - The 2014 blogging has begun!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LostVoodoo For This Useful Post:

tammyy2j (03-06-2014)

I like Lauren and Matt as a couple

Lauren Turner has an interesting few weeks ahead on Neighbours as she finally comes face-to-face with her long-lost daughter.

Olympia Valance has been cast as Lauren and Brad's daughter Paige Novak, who will join Erinsborough on UK screens from June 16. In a twist, though, Paige initially keeps quiet about her true identity while she slowly gets to know her real parents.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Kate Kendall, who plays Lauren, to hear about how Paige's arrival will affect life on Ramsay Street.

What has the secret daughter storyline been like to film?
    "It's been an absolute treat, really. I was really hoping to sink my teeth into some very layered and complex storylines when I took this job on. A lot of the earlier storylines were about the children getting into trouble and the parents responding to that, so to get a story where I'm the protagonist is great.

"We're really sinking our teeth into the emotional depths of what this woman has been through and there's a wonderful story arc, so I'm very grateful to the writers for trusting me with it. We've now been shooting scenes with my new daughter who comes into Ramsay Street looking to meet her parents for the first time, and that's been great too."

The episodes where Lauren first found out that her daughter is still alive had great feedback. Were you pleased with the reaction from viewers?
    "Definitely - it's lovely. I'm not very good at computers, but one of the great things about Twitter is that I did get some great feedback from viewers both in Australia and the UK. I knew when we were working on those scenes that we were shooting something really interesting.

"We shot those episodes with lots of close-ups and they cast the wonderful actress Tina Bursill to play my mother. We knew that in order to take this storyline seriously, we'd have to go to some pretty dark places and we really went there. I was really thrilled with it at the time and I'm also happy with the way it's been received."

Next week we'll see Lauren and Brad share a kiss. Were you surprised that Lauren would be unfaithful?
    "Ever since Brad came back to the Street, there was always going to be tension there - whether it was good or bad. I always played it so that Brad was the first love of Lauren's life. Once that first love leaves you, it's never fully resolved. I was surprised that Lauren would kiss Brad, but I understand why they wrote it.

"When the kiss happens, Lauren and Brad are in a state of emotional despair over their lost daughter. They're both vulnerable in a hotel room in Adelaide and that's when the kiss happens. I suppose the next thing will be how long it stays a secret after that!"

Will the kiss just be a one-off?
    "I really don't know! It could go either way. Lauren's marriage with Matt is very strong, so this kiss could be very divisive. I don't think anything good can come out of it in the short-term with these two families. We'll just have to wait and see, but I love working with both Josef and Kip who play Matt and Brad, so I'm happy with whoever I end up with!"

What is the atmosphere like when Lauren and Matt renew their marriage vows next week?
    "They were beautiful scenes to film - it was nice to get dressed up for a change because Lauren is usually in work gear a lot of the time! It was lovely to put on a nice frock!

"The vow renewal is a lovely thing for Matt to organise, but there's a lot of guilt hanging over Lauren because of what's happened with Brad in Adelaide the night before. She actually goes back to Erinsborough with the intention of telling Matt what happened, but of course, then he hits her with the surprise vow renewal and it puts her in an awkward position. That's when the lies have to start…"

We now know that Olympia Valance's character Paige is Lauren and Brad's daughter. What has she been like to work with so far?
    "She's a delight. Olympia hasn't done much acting before, but she's really hit the ground running and her character is involved in a lot of things. Olympia is also very responsive and open to suggestions. She asks for help and advice, and when a young actor does that, I'm more than happy to help out.

"The great thing is that Olympia does take things on and she's able to adapt and change if need be. She's great fun and we get on really, really well. Olympia isn't a shy person - she's not backwards in coming forwards, but I think that suits the character really well! I think the viewers are really going to enjoy watching her."

Paige initially keeps her identity a secret, but does Lauren still get to know her?
    "Lauren has a weird connection with Paige. Paige knows who Lauren and Brad are but they have no idea she's their daughter. She starts working at Harold's and moves into Ramsay Street, so she gets in right under everyone's noses. Lauren gets along with her really well, but Paige does rub Amber up the wrong way! There's room for some conflict and a bit of drama there, but also some light-hearted humour too.

"Then when it all comes out, that's going to hit Lauren for six again, so it's a really good story arc."

We know that Tina Bursill has been back on set recently, so have you enjoyed exploring the Lauren/Kathy dynamic more?
    "Yeah, Tina was amazing the first time round and I was thrilled when they cast her. She really honoured the storyline and the big, emotional scenes that were needed. Having Tina back is great as it's always lovely to work with her."

Can they resolve their differences?
    "I don't know if Lauren and Kathy's relationship will ever be back to normal, but I think they'll find a way to work together. There's a lot of love there and Kathy does some really positive things to try to make things right after what she did in the past.

"I think Lauren is quite a healthy human being emotionally, as she can see the virtues in getting over things. She knows it will be better for everybody if she can find a way to move on and have a healthy relationship with Kathy."

How will Bailey's drinking problem affect the Turner family?
    "The interesting thing with this is that Bailey has always been 'the good kid' - the reliable and sensible one. Calen Mackenzie who plays Bailey can really act - he's fantastic.

"When the wheels fall off, it'll give the parents a wake-up call. How did they not notice or see this happening? They probably took him for granted a little bit. I'm sure the Turners will be able to get past this and move on, but it'll definitely shake them up a little bit."

Do you hope we'll see Mason back at some point in the future, even for guest appearances?
    "I hope so. Taylor [Glockner, who played Mason] is a great kid and I think he'll always stick with acting because he's got such a passion for it. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought him back in time. Mason didn't leave the country - he only went to Darwin, so anything is possible."

Would you like Lauren to be one of the show's long-stay characters?
    "I love doing this show, so I hope I'll be doing it for as long as I can! I've been acting for 20 years but I've probably spent 50% of it unemployed at certain times. It can be a tough industry. I love going to work every day and I love the people I work with too. If you get really good storylines like they ones they're giving me, you'd be mad not to do it!"

Passion never dies
    Torn by his feelings for Lauren, Brad reveals her dead husband's guilty secret.

Despite their steamy romantic history together and the fact that they still clearly hold a torch for one another, Brad and Lauren have so far managed to resist temptation. How much longer can they keep lying to themselves about their true feelings?

Following Matt's (Josef Brown) tragic death, Terese (Rebekah Elmaloglou) has been increasingly wary of Lauren's (Kate Kendall) hold over her husband, Brad (Kip Gamblin).

Brad and Lauren were each other's first true love and everyone knows you never forget your first, so a suspicious Terese can't help but worry that Brad's old feelings will begin to resurface.

For his part, Brad claims to just be looking out for Lauren - just as he promised Matt he would do - but there's no doubt he sees Lauren as something more than a friend.

Desperate to keep Lauren away from her husband, Terese is thrilled when she notices a hint of chemistry between Lauren and Robin (Max Brown), Lassiter's new graphic designer.

Terese organises for Lauren to show Robin the local art gallery scene and is thrilled when they hit it off but the arrival of Robin in Lauren's life clearly bothers Brad.

He claims he's just being protective of Lauren but when Brad's territorial feelings overcome him and he orders Robin to stay away from Lauren, he's surprised to discover himself acting like a jealous boyfriend.

Terese is similarly alarmed but when Brad apologises and reaffirms his love for his wife everything appears to be settling down - for a little while.

When Terese continues her less than subtle attempts to set Lauren and Robin up, Brad confronts her about her meddling and the couple argue ferociously.

Overhearing the exchange and witnessing the growing tension between Brad and Terese, Paige (Olympia Valance) admits to her brother that she thinks Brad would be happier with Lauren.

As Brad and Terese's marriage continues to unravel, Lauren struggles to cope as the date of her wedding anniversary looms.

She's tempted by the offer of a date with Robin but is then quickly overcome with guilt for even thinking about moving on from Matt.

Matt was one of only two men Lauren has ever loved - the other was Brad - so getting over him won't be easy.

Brad, frustrated that Lauren is putting her dead husband on a pedestal, lets slip that Matt was not the saint Lauren thinks he was.

With the cat out of the bag, Brad is forced to admit Matt's sordid tryst with Sharon Canning (Natasha Herbert) - and Lauren's world is turned upside down.

The man she thought she could trust more than anyone had betrayed her.

With his memory now tainted, what's to stop Lauren seeking comfort in the arms of ther only other man she ever loved?

If Terese is going to save her failing marriage, she'd better be prepared for a fight?

Credit TV Soap 4th June 2015

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gillyH1981 For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (27-05-2015)

I really hoped Lauren would not get with Brad or start an affair with him but seems she does

Such a shameful disrespectful thing to do to Matt's memory and her kids with Matt and also poor Terese her paranoia was correct

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tammyy2j For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-08-2015), indigodance (11-08-2015), lizann (11-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post
    I really hoped Lauren would not get with Brad or start an affair with him but seems she does

Such a shameful disrespectful thing to do to Matt's memory and her kids with Matt and also poor Terese her paranoia was correct
    I hate this too, but it was inevitable that they'd eventually get together.

I just hope Therese isn't painted as the bad guy because her (entirely justified) paranoia has made her behave badly at times.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dazzle For This Useful Post:

indigodance (11-08-2015), tammyy2j (11-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by tammyy2j View Post

If they get together, then I don't think it's disrespectful at all to Matt. He was a very bad husband in the end!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

Summer8 (13-08-2015)

It would be disrespectful to Terese - she has suffered badly with Paige throwing in her nasty manipulation tactics too.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to indigodance For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (11-08-2015), tammyy2j (11-08-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by indigodance View Post
    It would be disrespectful to Terese - she has suffered badly with Paige throwing in her nasty manipulation tactics too.
    True, but Terese has been manipulative too.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ruffed_lemur For This Useful Post:

badirene (12-08-2015), Summer8 (13-08-2015)

Thread Information