Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Lauren Carpenter

maybe she moves to be near brad again

Neighbours newcomer Kate Kendall has expressed delight over her role on the soap, describing her part as "ideal".

UK fans see the actress make her first appearance on Ramsay Street today (March 7) as she takes over the role of Lou Carpenter's daughter Lauren Turner.

Lauren arrives in Erinsborough with husband Matt (Josef Brown), son Bailey (Calen Mackenzie) and daughter Amber (Jenna Rosenow). Her eldest son Mason (Taylor Glockner) joins the rest of the family in a fortnight's time.

Kendall told Digital Spy of joining Neighbours: "It's very exciting and I'm absolutely delighted to be part of such a great team. I had auditioned for other roles on Neighbours but they weren't really what I wanted. This is ideal.

"Joining the show has been so easy and everyone has been fantastic. My on-screen father Tom Oliver, in particular, has been terrific."

Lauren was previously portrayed by Sarah Vandenbergh in 1993 and 1994.

Discussing the challenges of playing a recast character, Kendall continued: "I didn't think a lot about it, because I'm not trying to copy someone else's performance - that never works. Also, the character has matured.

"I wanted to approach the role with fresh eyes so I didn't watch any old episodes. I can only play Lauren the way the writers have written her now."

Kendall explained that Lauren will find it easy to settle back into Ramsay Street over the next few weeks.

She said: "Lauren is very social so it doesn't take her long to meet people, and also there is a history so not everyone are strangers.

"There is also an exciting project on the horizon for Lauren, which will really cement her position in the local community."

Neighbours bosses have billed the Turners as a family of secrets, with various revelations unfolding during their early weeks on screen.

Further into the future, the show is also bringing back Brad Willis - an old flame of Lauren's who will now be played by Kip Gamblin.

Asked whether Brad's return could spark some classic soap drama for Lauren, Kendall replied: "Absolutely - watch this space!"

Neighbours airs weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5 in the UK, and weekdays at 6.30pm on Eleven in Australia.

Neighbours regular Lauren Turner will be "flustered" when her old flame Brad Willis arrives back in town, reports have revealed.

The mum-of-three, played by Kate Kendall, is shocked when Brad moves into Ramsay Street with his wife Terese and their two children Joshua and Imogen.

Lauren and Brad had an affair when they both lived on the Street in the '90s.

When Lauren sees Brad again, her old feelings for him come rushing back and she decides not to tell husband Matt (Josef Brown) about their history, according to Australian magazine Soap World.

The arrival of the Willises comes after Lucy Robinson returns to Erinsborough as the head honcho of Lassiter's Worldwide.

Concerned about corruption at the local hotel, Lucy (Melissa Bell) orders her brother Paul to sack the existing manager Tony before bringing in Terese as a replacement.

UK viewers will see Terese's first scenes in the week commencing Monday, June 10, with the rest of the Willis family following shortly afterwards.

Terese and Brad will be played by former Home and Away stars Rebekah Elmaloglou and Kip Gamblin.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

yeschef77 (03-05-2013)

Also ahead on Neighbours, Lauren Turner is embarrassed when Brad Willis finds out about her secret sketch of him.

Brad (Kip Gamblin) discovers what Lauren has been hiding when her Mount Isa house drawing, which is on the flip side of the Brad sketch, is entered into an exhibition by Matt.

When Lauren (Kate Kendall) discovers that the sketch is missing, Brad agrees to help her find it, but only after she's assured him that it's all completely innocent.

Later, however, Matt (Josef Brown) discovers Brad and Lauren in an accidentally close position amid their search, and he's barely able to keep a lid on his jealousy. Is Matt right to be worried about the pair's connection?

Lauren is mortified that Brad has seen her drawing of him.
    © Channel 5
    Lauren is mortified that Brad has seen her drawing

Matt see Brad and Lauren together.
    © Channel 5
    Matt sees Brad and Lauren together

Matt interrupts the moment between Brad and Lauren.
    © Channel 5
    Matt interrupts the moment between Brad and Lauren

Neighbours airs these scenes on Wednesday, September 11 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

Dazzle (31-08-2013)

That Brad is damn sexy! Lauren might be wanting a bit of that, lol
    Last edited by evole; 31-08-2013 at 22:18.

Neighbours star Kate Kendall has revealed that viewers could see a 'meatier' side to her character Lauren Turner this year.

The actress took over the role as Lou Carpenter's daughter last year and has been seen struggling with her feelings for former boyfriend Brad Willis (Kip Gamblin) since being back on Ramsay Street.

It was previously announced that Tina Bursill has been cast in the role of Lauren's mother, Kathy, and will appear on screens soon.

Speaking to news.com.au, Kendall said: "Lauren has taken lots of interesting turns this year. She has a big heart and is the centre of her family and home but I've been looking for interesting ways to portray her so that she's not too much of a domestic goddess.

"That is so far removed from me. I don't bake. Lauren's always whipping out a cake and taking food around to other people's houses.

"She is a wife and a mother that on the surface could look quite bland and I wanted to take her out of that area. She has secrets which makes the character more interesting. It gives her a bit of an edge. Otherwise she could come off as perfect.

"If you have kept a secret for a long time then there is usually a bigger explosion when it comes out. There is stuff coming up this year that I have filmed with Tina that is fantastic. We get to explore some meaty sides of Lauren."

Kendall also admitted that she has worked on creating her own interpretation of Lauren and doesn't worry about copying the work of previous actress Sarah Vandenberg.

She said: "Lauren's original appearance was such a long time ago that I was given carte blanche to create a new character.

"Because Neighbours has so many fans, I'm sure there are people who are brutally aware that I do things differently to the original actor.

"We still hark back to historical facts like the relationship between Brad and Lauren but if you're going to play a character that might be there for a while you can't be doing somebody else's interpretation on it."

Neighbours' Lauren Turner will be shocked to the core when she learns that her secret daughter is still alive.

Lauren's mother Kathy Carpenter (Tina Bursill) will drop the bombshell on her when she pays a visit to Ramsay Street in an upcoming storyline.

Viewers know that Lauren (Kate Kendall) is keeping quiet about the fact that she was once pregnant with Brad Willis's baby. However, she has always thought that the child died due to complications during the birth.

After years of being kept in the dark, Lauren finally finds out the truth about her daughter when Kathy is forced to come clean.

The drama begins when Kathy arrives in Erinsborough and sees that Lauren is preparing to share her secret with Brad and her husband Matt.

When Kathy can't convince Lauren that it's not a good idea to reveal the truth, she delivers shocking news of her own by disclosing that the baby didn't really die.

Tina Bursill
    © Channel 5
    Tina Bursill plays Kathy

Kathy admits that she made a spur of the moment decision to lie to Lauren and kept up the pretence for many years, believing that she was protecting her.

The revelation pushes Lauren to tell the whole story, but her admission threatens to tear the Turner and Willis families apart in dramatic episodes.

Neighbours airs these scenes next week on Eleven in Australia and late March on Channel 5 in the UK.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Perdita For This Useful Post:

hollie (05-03-2014), yeschef77 (06-03-2014)

Neighbours' Lauren Turner will be left stunned later this month when her mother Kathy makes a shocking revelation about the baby she gave birth to years ago.

The story kicks off when Kathy, played by Tina Bursill, arrives in Erinsborough for a surprise visit after becoming concerned about Lauren (Kate Kendall) during a phone call.

Kathy turns up at the Turner household with the intention of changing her daughter's mind about telling her husband Matt and the baby's father Brad Willis about the stillborn birth she suffered when she was younger.

Lauren is still angry with Kathy
    © Channel 5
    Kathy's news will shock Lauren

As Lauren remains determined that both men should be told the truth, Kathy finally reveals the real reason she wants Lauren to change her mind and admits to her that the baby was not stillborn - she lived.

Lauren is stunned at Kathy's shock news as her mother attempts to justify her decision to conceal the truth, but a betrayed Lauren refuses to hear it and pushes her away.

Struggling to process the revelation, Lauren confides in Matt who is equally stunned but supportive. However, Lauren knows that she must tell Brad the truth about their child, but how will he react?

Lauren struggles to make peace with her mother.
    © Channel 5
    Lauren struggles to make peace with her mother.

Matt is shocked by Lauren's revelation.
    © Channel 5
    Matt is shocked by Lauren's revelation.

Neighbours airs these scenes on Tuesday, March 25 and Wednesday, March 26 at 1.45pm and 5.30pm on Channel 5.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2w0hqADLu

Neighbours airs a life-changing moment for Lauren Turner on UK screens next week as she learns that her secret daughter is still alive.

In the biggest week for the Turner and Willis families since their arrival last year, Lauren's mother Kathy (Tina Bursill) pays a visit to Erinsborough and confesses that she lied about the baby being stillborn all those years ago.

After Kathy tells the truth, Lauren has to finally be honest with her husband Matt and the baby's father Brad Willis, telling them the full story.

Digital Spy recently caught up with Kate Kendall, who plays Lauren, to hear her thoughts on the emotional storyline.

What has this storyline been like to film?
    "There has been a lot of discussion because it's a storyline that has a domino effect - not only on Lauren and Brad but their partners, parents and of course their other children. It has certainly been the most emotional storyline I've filmed on Neighbours so far - there have been days of tears shed."

Was it a surprise when you read Kathy's revelation in the scripts, or were you warned in advance?
    "The writers talked us through the storyline before the scripts were released, which is great because it gave us time to really digest the emotional rollercoaster the characters are on."

These episodes have already aired in Australia and had a great response. Were you pleased with the reaction?
    "Absolutely. I think the impact of Lauren discovering that she still has a daughter somewhere out there really resonated with viewers. They empathised with both she and Brad which is exactly the reaction we were hoping for, and moving forward, they will continue to invest in their story. There is a lot more to come."

What kind of relationship does Lauren have with Kathy, and how does she feel when Kathy first pays a visit to the Street?
    "Generally they get along well. She isn't involved with Lauren as much as she probably should be, but I think the distance helps their relationship. They have shared this secret so there is definitely a bond."

How does Lauren react when Kathy drops the bombshell that her daughter is still alive?
    "It's gut-wrenching devastation. For two decades, Lauren believed her daughter had died which was heartbreaking enough. She has carried that guilt and grief for all those years, and now she finds out that the one person she should be able to trust - her mother - has betrayed her."

Does Kathy defend her behaviour, or is she well aware that she did the wrong thing?
    "In Kathy's mind, she thought she was protecting Lauren by helping her start again. Remember it was a different time - there was a stigma associated with being an unmarried mother. Kathy felt by telling Lauren the baby had died, she would help her daughter to emotionally sever ties with her baby and move on with life.

"Kathy is remorseful, but Lauren just isn't in the state of mind to register how her mother feels, as she is in shock."

How do the other characters react when Lauren shares the truth with them?
    "Lauren's husband Matt is a good man, but Lauren is hesitant initially about telling him and what his reaction will be. Surprisingly, he is very understanding and he knows how much his wife is hurting.

"Lauren is in two minds about everything and initially she is unsure about what to do, but she knows Brad needs to know the truth too. For any person, finding out something like this out of the blue would be a huge shock - and Terese would have to be a saint not to be rocked by this revelation.

"There's also the kids - to find out you have a half-sibling somewhere out there would be a shock. Some of the kids are more curious than others."

How will this affect the relationship between Lauren and her mum? Can she forgive Kathy in the long-run?
    "This has definitely fractured their relationship and it is going to take time to heal. However, Lauren isn't a vindictive person. She is very family-focused so I think in time, things will heal."

Do you hope Tina Bursill will continue to pop in and out of the show as Kathy?
    "Tina is an icon in the business and it was a privilege to work with her - I really loved it. I think it would be great to have Kathy return because the dynamics between these two is fantastic - and mother and daughter relationships can be so complex, so the writers could really have some fun."

Where do the Turner and Willis families go from here? Do they think they should search for Lauren and Brad's daughter?
    "Without giving too much away, Lauren and Brad have a heartbreaking setback, and this does raise the question of continuing the search. Can they handle the emotional strain this is placing on themselves and their families? This is a storyline that has many twists and turns, and more revelations to come."

Are you missing your on-screen son Taylor Glockner following his recent departure? Do you think we'll see Mason again?
    "Absolutely. Taylor is a really lovely young man and brought a great energy to the show. This year we have seen a lot of characters return and I'm sure down the track the writers will have something in mind for Mason."

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s1...#ixzz2watnxMws

How awful of Lauren's mother to do this! A very difficult thing to forgive.

Thread Information